Electrolysis: Estimates of Time for Various Areas of the Body

For medical reasons, I need to start full body electrolysis ASAP. Luckily, I have had electrolysis on my chin before, so I’m very familiar with the process. Unfortunately, I have a lot of body hair, and I currently live in an area with very few electrologists (and none using machines like an Apilus Platinum or XCell). Because of my skin color, laser hair removal isn’t an option either.

My ideal would be finding someone where I could travel for a week and knock out 2-4 hours of electrolysis/day over a few days each month. This has proven difficult to find anywhere near me (Southeast USA), so I’m looking at alternatives now. I am a researcher who does/teaches data analytics for a living, so I keep looking for estimates of time as I try to figure out the best way to approach this (given the amount of work I need done and the competing medical imperative vs. limited budget).

I have started compiling a spreadsheet with time estimates that have been shared for for different areas. Of course, estimates will vary based on a variety of factors (i.e., hair texture, hair depth, prior hair removal methods, hormones, electrologist skill, etc.), but as a consumer, I appreciate having some idea, even if it has a very wide confidence interval b/c of the caveat above. I suspect, though I may be mistaken, that other consumers feel similarly.

I’m sharing the table below and will keep updating it as I come across more info. Feel free to comment here with any additions too, please!

Area Hours Clearances Insertions Insertions/Hour Link Notes
Arms 8 to 10 Electrolysis Help - #4 by Iluv2zap
9 1st Hair on Arms and Hands!!!!!!!!! - #5 by lefty2g_LE_CPE
31 Total 20,747 669.3 Hair on Arms and Hands!!!!!!!!! - #5 by lefty2g_LE_CPE
Arms: Upper 27 1st Results of a single clearance (man's arms)
Beard 6 3rd Reddit - Dive into anything Large volume - 56 hours total.
30 1st 17,000 566.7 male thick and dark beard removal? - #4 by templje Link seems to be broken?
Brazilian 6 to 8 1st Bikini area electrolysis: your input and stories? - #2 by SoCalPurr
8 1st Genital hair clearing - Preparing for your gender reassignment surgery - 2pass Clinic With anasthesia.
Chin 6.5 1st 3,941 606.3 Electrolysis - "You have to be patient"
15.5 4 total 9,482 611.7 Electrolysis - "You have to be patient"
Legs: Full 35 to 40 hours 1st Electrolysis on legs - #7 by Josefa_Reina Pictures aren’t showing up for me, but I assume full legs given time estimates.
Legs: Lower 5 to 6/each Electrolysis on legs - #2 by system
Legs: Thighs 20/each When should you start seeing regrowth? - #34 by system
Underarms 2 1st Bikini area electrolysis: your input and stories? - #2 by SoCalPurr
Various: Back/Neck/etc. 50 1st male thick and dark beard removal? - #4 by templje
Various Before & After Electrolysis Treatment | RACHEL LOUISE CROSS Pictures with hours of completion.
1 Like

I’ve been recording the time spent on electrology in my photojournal; so far I have recorded times for first & second clearances of my left and right underarm (which I guess is just 2 different samples), rough areola estimates, and the still-going progress for a single lower leg if that helps.

First underarm clearance (left) : 85 minutes
Second underarm clearance (left) : 13 minutes (28 days after 1st clearance)
First underarm clearance (right) : 90 minutes
Second underarm clearance (right) : 20 minutes (42 days after 1st clearance)
Each (female) areola clear, both first & second clearance : 2-3 minutes

For my left leg (lower) we are currently at 370 minutes (6h10m) and expect to finish it up within the 75 minutes of my next session, for that time estimate.

And ofc modality is important for time estimates, too! My electrologist is using thermolysis, but something like blend or galvanic would take notably longer even with an equally skilled practitioner.