Electrolysis Help

Hi there,

A few years ago I underwent LHR for my upper arms and back, long story short I got conned into doing my full arms and thus ended up with stimulated hair not only on the upper arms and back but whole arms. I was really upset with the outcome and had removed myself from the real world and i’m now finally in a position where I can go see an electrologist, I have attached a link to an image of my arms, as you can see it is terrible - long, thin and wirey which makes my arms really dark, what should I ask the clinician to perform as I just want a reduction and gradual feathering to make my arms look normal again, if that is even possible. Arms

Of course it’s possible, but pain, finances and time are probably the most important factors to consider.

What you said is exactly what you should ask the electrologist you’ll be seeing… ‘‘reduction and gradual feathering’’, so be clear!

They’ll probably start by a first full clearance of your whole arm and then thin from there, or simply thin from the start.

Is the length of the hair what’s bothering you or the density, or both?

Definitely both, the hair is also denser near my elbow and upper arm than near my wrist which makes it look very odd. Also this hair near the elbow is much longer than the non stimulated hair near my wrist.

What is a rough estimate for how long it would take for both arms? 20 hours for first clearance?

No one? I’m kinda busy guys…

ah hell, I’ll take five minutes.

With that much hair, and so course, I would recommend that you do a clearance first and let what regrowth youget be your starting point. You caan likely complete both arms in 8-10 or so hours but each electrologist will vary on efficiency.
The laser stimulated hair isnt going to look especially right with a thinning approach. The hairs themselves seem to grow long and strait, as well as courser. You can of course still thin it, but the hairs themselves might look a bit “out of place”
Most times I find people arent happy with the reduction from doing a thinning approach at the outset and complain of a lot of regrowth. That’s why I recommend a full clearance the first time.

Based on your photography I would also suggest you to do a full clearance on your arms in order to remove every visible hair.

Before starting the first clearance, you have to choose your electrologist based on his/her ability to remove permanently the hairs. To make your choice, I strongly suggest you to ask differents electrologist to do a “patch test” in a little part of your arms and wait 4 months. If you see a difference in the hair density, it means the treatment has worked and you will be fine with the electrologist who did it. If you don’t see some good difference and no reduction in the patch test, the electrologist plucked, cut the hair because of many possibles factors: not correct insertions, the hair was plucked and didn’t came out without any traction.

IMHO, it is very important to take your time when choosing your electrologist and do this patch test. This is a reliable way to know if your electrologist has a decent kill rate.