Share feelings here (not questions)

I specialize in treating fine, blond hair and I do think there are obsessive-compulsive tendencies with these women. We are all a bit obsessive-compulsive though, aren’t we, in one way or another. I do what they ask as I offer a service and they are paying me to treat the hair that bothers them. It doesn’t harm them, so I will treat the small hairs. I can definitely see the hair just fine and thus, I will treat the hair, but many times I have said to the client that they don’t need electrolysis anymore, they LOOK FINE! This is after >30 hours of electrolysis care! They will lay on the table for 1-5 hours at a time. Most insist that they don’t look good enough yet and continue to come. I have even shown some pictures of models in magazines who have peach fuzz and that matters none to them. The best thing a woman can do after a lot of thinning has been done, is to throw away the 12X magnification mirror after they break it into a million pieces. Celtic woman are very fury, but oh so lovable. Can’t talk about the designer and artists angle though. None of my furry downy hairy women fit that catagory. I lean more toward the obsessive - compulsive bend of things.

1 Like

Nair doesn’t stimulate growth. Once again, it just cuts the hair off. It doesn’t remove it with the root. Waxing can stimulate growth for that reason, but not Nair.

Your age is also probably a factor as you’re likely developing new hair as you write this.

I am one of the electrologists who treat fine blond hair. I agree with Christine, but also with Dee, is very typical of women perfectionists. They are women who expect a lot from themselves in appearance, at school, at work. They require a lot of others because they expect a lot from themselves. They have an intellectual coefficient above average and a great capacity for suffering and sacrifice. Circumstances make them vulnerable in this society. Many of them end up suffering from an eating disorder like anorexia.

Fortunately, most just want to avoid the appearance of a Persian kitten.

This afternoon:

20 minutes later…

About these strong magnifiers Dee, I am always telling people to ditch them too. They are the cause of much misery.

I have tons of hair everywhere. I’ve learned to deal with it- shaving, bleaching, plucking, epilating, lasering, etc. But it just keeps growing and growing. I can’t have a hairless area for more than a day. (except in my lower legs since I got laser there)

Luckily, I have family members that understand me and a husband that doesn’t complain.

BUT I’m usually 100% covered from head to toe in even the hottest weather. There is not a single day where I am not wearing a sweater-- my arms are hairier than anyone I know. :frowning: IT SUCKS. And taking it off hurts. Shaving is not an option, as there would he hair growing within the hour. I hope to find a good clinic to get laser done there. I’m tired of living like this!!!

I hope I never have lip hair

how long did you go for?

Oh god. Isn’t it just the worst when you’re out and about, shopping at some store, and they’ve got all those lighted magnification mirrors? Or even if they’ve just got unflattering lights and lots of mirrors around, like at a makeup store or something. Always find myself examining my upper lip/chin and then feeling embarrassed when someone walks by and catches me doing it!

It’s been a few days since I’ve plucked and it’s driving me crazy… I keep shaving but it really doesn’t do much all those black dots are still there. Yesterday I went to the beach it has been forever and I was so self conscious I was having panic attacks. I wore board shorts to hide the top part because I think other people will find it gross. The bottom of my legs between the knee and ankle look so bad. Red and scabbed I hate it. My son is 6 and loves the beach and fishing so I need to be able to go out and wear some kind of bathing suit, I truly bites. I keep reading the posts on this forum and it helps me not grab the tweezers so thank you all for posting!!!

My facial hair makes me feel self-concious and ugly. I can’t relax in social situations for fear that someone will point it out in front of others and I am constantly paranoid about being ridiculed, even by my friends. I can’t be in a relationship because I am terrified of a man touching my face and I always have to slap their hands away if they try to, making them think that I am odd or rude. It is so depressing how much it takes over my life.

I am so sick of this hair!! Nothing is getting rid of it. My skin looks so horrible from shaving. It looks like I have acne everywhere but its razor bumps. I’m tired of spending money trying to find technicians who actually know what they’re doing. Thousands of dollars down the drain so far and who knows how many thousands more to go. None that I have at the moment anyways. I’m tired of having a schedule. Shave these body parts this day, shave those body parts that day. Then do it all over again. Hide my face this day cause I can’t shave yet cause its not long enough. Or, I can’t wear this today because I have to let the hair grow enough to shave otherwise I’ll be all stubbly. I’m tired of shaving and never having completely smooth skin no matter what. I’m tired of this being on my mind 24/7 because I have to plan my whole life around it. I’m going to try and find a doctor who can do proper testing for hormone problems. I already know how that’s going to go though. They’re gonna say oh you don’t have a problem you’re normal. Been there done that once already. In a few months I will be able to get enough money to get a laser treatment done with an alexandrite laser. Idk what to do until then. I’ve used this laser on my upper lip and it does last for a few weeks which for me is a miracle. I’m finishing a package deal that I had for my upper lip and I have one treatment left. I don’t wanna get treatment on the rest of my body at this place because they will only allow me to come in every 10 weeks which is not soon enough for me. I have hair popping through long before then. But at least I see results at this place. If I go somewhere else I may not see results. Idk what to do. I feel better getting this off my chest. I’m just lost and am so tired of dealing with this.

Hey everyone,

I stumbled over this forum a couple of days ago while I was researching epilators.

I’m a 19-year-old (very hairy) female. Most of the blame lies on my genetics, but I have never had bloodwork done so I don’t know whether hormones are the reason too.

I have dark hair covering most of my body. Thin hair on my knuckles, hands, forearms (I have a lot here), arms, armpits…
Torso as well, it gets thicker as it gets closer to my belly and pubic bone. Breasts, thighs, butt, legs, toes. Everything. It’s overwhelming when I think about it all.
I have hair on my face too, of course, but I deal with it easily. It’s not as concerning as the hair on my legs and thighs, because for some reason the hair there grows haphazardly, with ingrowns everywhere and uneven patches. It doesn’t help that my skin hyperpigments easily so anything I touch turns into a scar.

I feel so alone in it all. It’s gotten to the point where if someone is wearing shorts, I’ll look at their legs to see if they’ve got the same dark spots/problems. I just don’t understand how people can have such evenly toned, shiny, hairless legs (or bodies in general).

Laser hair removal and electrolysis aren’t really options for me. I’m a student and I can’t afford them (among other reasons). Pain is not an issue for me. To me, being hairless makes me feel confident and beautiful, and I will undergo what I have to to achieve it.

It just seems like a neverending cycle, it’s always going to grow back for me. That’s what makes things upsetting.

I have unwanted hair on my face, legs (the whole leg), belly, and buttocks. I’m extremely embarrassed and self conscious. I get depressed about it a lot. Worse still, I’m a Latino woman living in Oz. Women here don’t normally have much hair on their bodies. At the gym, I’ve heard women apologize for their “month-long unshaven legs” that make my one-day-long waxed legs look like a welcome mat.
Children sometimes point at my face and tell me I have a “mou”. It’s horrible. I’ve been plucking the hairs from my face which has caused scarring and now I’m more conscious as I have to worry about both the hirsutism and the scarring. I cant’ stand looking at myself in the mirror and I hate going out.

An experienced and passionate electrologist can handle any hair problem, including yours. Seek, sample and compare. All electrologists are different in their approach and equipment choices, but we can all get you permanent hair removal.

I’m 40 years old and I’ve had excessive facial and body hair since I was a teen, but then it got even worse in my mid-20’s. I had PCOS but I had a total hysterectomy.

I have to shave my face daily with a man’s razor. It’s on my cheeks, chin, under my neck, above my lip…anywhere that a man grows hair. In fact, I have a darker and more dense beard than most men I’ve seen.

I feel so ugly. I’m married and my husband is supportive, but it’s a topic I don’t want to discuss frequently because, c’mon, how sexy is that?

I rarely leave the house. I don’t have a job and I haven’t graduated from college (many attempts, though). My grades were awesome, but the stress of being around people all the time is too much to bear at times.

I usually put off going to the doctor for routine stuff just to save myself some embarrassment. I wear long sleeves in the summer (look forward to winter all the time lol) and I never wear shorts. I wear my hair long so that it covers the sides of my face (hopefully). I look down all the time and I find it very taxing to have a conversation with someone because I can see their eyes looking at my neck.

I had about six multi-hour sessions with an electrologist in WA state. She never did a full clearing and after the time and money I had invested, I can only point to one spot (about the size of a dime) where there isn’t hair. Gee, thanks. Also, about two months after my final treatment, I began to notice a slight discoloration on my upper lip. Now, 2.5 years later, it has darkened and even when I shave, it looks like I have a mustache (not just the fine hairs, but the coarse black ones, too.

One week ago, I had my first laser treatment. It was done here: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/services/dermatology/our-services/laser-and-cosmetic-dermatology/hair_removal.cfm

I do not know the settings used, but the machine is the Lightsheer duet. The person who did my treatment is a family nurse practitioner, is quite reputable and the treatments are done at Oregon Health & Sciences University. One treatment of my entire face cost $200.00. I was thinking that if this works, I’d like to have the other body hair removed via laser, too. I was surprised at how expensive an arm costs: $400 to $600 dollars per treatment.

My life goals include going back to college, hopefully get a job, be able to look at people/leave the house, not want to consider killing myself so often and to have my husband kiss my neck for the very first time. Right now, these goals seem impossible, but I’m going to try to focus on the actual treatments first.

If the hair were just confined to my body, I doubt I would be so depressed/anxious because at least it can be covered up with clothes. I can’t even cover it up with make-up (convincingly). I just shave and toss on some make-up to make the stubble less visible. I hate not being able to kiss my husband without feeling so self-conscious.

NW Nerd- you remind me so much of myself…the depression and anxiety and how it totally runs your life…in response to you saying youd be better off if the hair was just confined to my body: Im in my mid 20’s and up until recently i only had excessive body hair- no facial hair. I would cry everyday about it and still do…people would say at least its not on your face (like it is on my sisters) and I woudl say yes thank God but its still awful. I don’t feel like a woman. I feel like I’m hiding this hideous secret under my clothes. I dress like a bum and people will buy me nice clothes that even I admit I love but I refuse to wear it because I feel my hidden ugliness my secret will ruin the nice clothes…a nice dress and getting made up makes no difference…all I can think of is if only people knew what lurked beneath. I stopped getting my hair done, going to the gym, everything. What’s the point- I can never be intimate or have a real relationship with anyone.

anyway, starting only a few months ago i suddenly (and rapidly) started growing facial hair…some are dark and course and some are on their way to being that. the light downy hair is getting light brown and thickening and getting longer. So now im even more screwed.

this has badly affected my education (whenever I went to class I got A’s…but since this has worsened I hardly leave my room to go to class)…I have no friends because the few I had gave up on trying to cheer me up or get me out…of course they are not freaks like me so they dont understand…although if they get one stray hair they go insane…and while I do have a bf our relationship is EXTREMELY strained because of this.

ok wait ive been ranting for too long. But I jsut wanted you to know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE because reading your post helped me know that im not.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the board and I thought I would start by sharing my feelings on the topic of unwanted hair growth. Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I wanted to start off by sharing my feelings on unwanted hair growth. This has been an issue for me due to genetics. My grandmother, aunt, and mother and now me…
My mother has it more on her upper lip, but like my grandmother I have it on my chin (luckily on the bottom area where it is harder to notice unless I smile or really strain my face). I am so angry and frustrated at this point because I have to struggle with this. I know it can be a lot worst (from what I have seen on other women) but I am pretty down from this. I have dealt with this in the past by waxing and tweezing - which made it more bearable to handle because the growth isn’t that much but those methods are not good on the skin and can actually cause more hair growth. I now have some of the ill effects of tweezing on my chin it’s; not that bad but I do not want it to get worst. Due to this I have decided to get electrolysis treatments to remove the hair for good. I have a great supportive fiancée but I still feel bad about myself because of the hair. I constantly have to look at my face doing the day because I want to make sure that what I have shaved isn’t noticeable (I work in a very professional environment). I decided to start shaving because I was told to stop tweezing because it can make the hairs worst. I am doing electro logy to remove the hair that is on my chin (and a small amount on my neck) I haven’t been waxing/tweezing in about two months now and to me I look horrid (I only shave). My first appointment will be in late Feb. (due to scheduling). I am going to Teresa Adams for my treatments of Sandra’s Electrolysis in Dallas, Texas. I have researched this quite a bit and I am looking forward to starting my treatments. I want you all to know especially the women you are not alone. I have found out that our situation is quite common, either due to heredity or a medical condition. I can go on and on on my troubles due to these chin hairs but they do not define me! I am relying on my faith and family while I go through this process. I am nervous, excited and to be honest a little frighten. I worry that it won’t work for me but after reading other post I feel quite better. To those who created this site, I want to send blessings to you because I guess you all understand the emotional affect this can have on an individual’s life. Take care

My personal feelings are one of not wanting any body hair at all! I detest any hairs that do grow on my body and for the last 30 years have used every method available to man and woman, I am lucky to have a partner who loves my smooth all over desire and helps me whenever she can to eliminate those pesky hairs. I guess I am very fortunate to be a guy with such an understanding partner. I would love to win the lottery and be able to use electrolysis for permanent results, but for now my new Braun Silk-épil 7 does a great job!

Hair is natural to humans. Wherever hair grows, it is a normal occurrence since we have hair follicles all over our bodies. That being said, culture dictates what is “normal.” In some cultures, hair under the arms of women is normal and sexy; in others, it is unsightly and unsanitary. Shame about hair comes from cultural stereotyping.

It is just the feeling of smoothness that counts!