Share feelings here (not questions)

If you have a question, please ask it under the appropriate forum. This is for emotional support only. Questions will be moved to other forums.

A reader suggested I move this category higher, and I agree it is important. Please feel free to share how you feel, whether it’s anxious, proud, sad, delighted. Others will certainly feel the same way.

Again if you have a question, please ask it under the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Hair is great if it is in the places you think it should grow! As a female I should not have facial hair of a man. To me this is not natural. Overall I try to take my facial hair with a smile on my face, but inside I am embarassed and insecure. I can’t even let anyone get to close to me for fear that they might see. I am not saying that I don’t love my hair I do, but I don’t love having to feel unattractive over such consuming thing as trying to control my facial hair. As seen on the site I am not alone in this situation and that in some strange way makes things easier that I am not as “freakish” as I feel. This site is a wonderful hope for all of us who are trying to find answers.

If you literally have male pattern growth on your face, you should see an endocronologist and get tested for hormonal imbalance disorders.

Exactly “hair” can change from culture to culture, or even within cultures. For example, a woman with chin-length hair may be said to have short hair, while a man with the same length of hair could be said to have long hair.

micheelgeorge

lagirl and micheele thank you for your kind advice…once I learn a little more about this site I would like to discuss with you about the best way to go about finding out about possible hormonal imbalances. please let me know if there is any other advice you can offer and how the best way to communicate with you is. thank you in advance!

Find a reputable endicronolist in your area and get tested for potential hormonal imbalance disorders. You can have cysts or something else causing this which can be treated with medication.

I hate how my parents ridicule my insecurity…they don’t support me one bit and that just makes the problem worse for me. I’m going to have to get through this by myself =\

Basically, it makes me selfconcious(I have a small amount of upper lip facial hair) and I will stand further away from people to try and make it so it is not seen. I’m most likely beginning electrolysis soon so hopefully it will be all good after that!

Most women have some sort of upper lip hair. It’s completely normal. Most either wax, bleach, shave, etc.

Just remember that shaving and clipping are the only things that don’t cause potential increased growth and thickness.

I am near the finish line of electrolysis for facial hair and I can honestly say it is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself! I am very, very pleased with the results! Just make sure that your electrologist is qualified and use proper aftercare (witch hazel, pure clear aloe & tea tree oil) and you will be so happy with your decision to remove that unwanted facial hair!

My facial hair makes me feel extremely self conscious and “ugly”.

I finally started going for professional laser hair removal treatments at the urging of my husband (he said if it really bothered me that much, I should do something) but I am now beyond 7 treatments on my chin and I only notice a very slight reduction in hair growth. I signed up on this forum to learn more about hair removal and about other options for my problem.

Hello everyone,

I’m new here, but like most on this forum I’m not new to the hair problems.

I have very thick very dark hair, and olive-toned skin. I shave everything. I also shave my face everyday. It’s very embarrassing, but I feel better once I do get rid of it.

I have been in a relationship for over three years, and he has no idea. He thinks I just wax. Shaving sounds so much worse to me, even though I know it’s better than waxing. I’m currently a student, so I can’t afford electrolysis yet, but it’s something I will definitely get done by a professional once I graduate and earn enough money.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello to everyone. I’m glad I’m not alone.

YOU are not alone! And if your honey loves you you don’t need to hide it. I think being honest now is better for when you do get the money for electrolysis because he will be there to support you through it. He will better understand how you feel.

I hid from everyone and its very hard now having to tell ppl when they can see the obvious at times, that I am VERY hairy and I am having electrolysis. NO ONE has judged me because of it however and my friends are my friends still and i think ppl have a better understanding of who I am and why I am the way I am. But let me tell you not hiding is the best part so far with electrolysis. Im still new to it, and way less hairy then i was 5 months ago, i can go to breakfast in my sweats and tshirt without shaving my face, and if someone i think is looking at me , if im broken out, or if the course black hairs are obvious I DO NOT CARE coz its my issue and I AM FIXING IT! And to be honest, most ppl do not even notice. And if they do, its rare to have someone ask you about it. If I had come to terms with my hair years ago I think I would have gotten the electrolysis sooner. I was to ashamed that I had to shave my chin and neck and tummy and between my breasts daily. I didnt want ANYONE not even an electrologist to see me at what I thought was my worse! Turns out a lot of woman are hairy, and it does not make you less of a woman or even strange or weird. It is part of who you are, but not WHO you are, and their is help. ELECTROLYSIS is making me free.

Best of luck to you hon!

Thank you so much, these forums are making me feel better already! :slight_smile:

I have to use cream bleach on my upper lip and chin the hair is soft but its there.If it was natuarally blonde i wouldn’t mind so much but its very dark,I have two small children and i know one day they will be kissing me when one of them will say,“mummy why have you got a tash like Daddy”?Happy days!!

they won’t say that, they will just giggle because you are tickling their noses. :wink:

I thought that I was alone in having hair problems. I actually don’t have that much hair but it still bothers me a lot and makes me feel less confident.I wonder how it will be when I have a boyfriend one day. I don’t want to scare him. I have been cheated a lot from all of these false claims from so many scam artists that I am sick of it. I can’t wait until one day when there is a good and affective solution for permanent hair removal for us all…

Professional laser and electrolysis treatments do work and remove hair permanently. We’re all proof here. You can read our stories. I’ve done both successfully.

What areas bother you most? How much hair do you have there? Is it coarse, dark, fine, sparse?

Hi,
I really like this forum because it shows me that there are others that feel just like me and appreciate everyone expressing their feelings. I also have body and facial hair which is thin but still dark and noticeable. I’m very self conscious about my facial hair especially which makes it hard for me. I always wondering if the person I’m talking to sees the hair and what they must think of me. I haven’t every been in a serious relationship with a guys and it all comes from the fact that I’m too scared to be in one because the guy will see my facial hair and be disgusted and that thought really hurts me. I’ve been told by my family and friends and even customers at my job that I’m beautiful but yet I still fail to see it because of my hair problem. I just wish that everyone accepted that some girls as just hairier than others and that we are still beautiful even with it. But unfortunately society has made it seem as though women are not suppose to have any hair at all and therefore the ones who do can be treated as outcasts at times, which I myself have experienced. Well I just wanted to express how of felt and how many others might feel as well, so thank you for reading this. :)) Also, I would like to state that even when you feel like you’re not worth it because you don’t live up to the image that society has created of women which is to be hairless don’t let that bring you down because you are all still beautiful with or without excess hair.