Share feelings here (not questions)

I guess my biggest gripe is that over the years, I’ve gone through a lot of money that could have already rid myself of hair. I just didn’t know about the treatments then.
Of course once I found out about them, I had already blown more than 20,000 dollars on just random junk. Sigh…hindsight is 20/20

I have always said that people actually spend more on temporary hair removal, than they would for a permanent solution. More people see that now that a package of razor blade cartridges can sell for $30 :whistle:

I am nineteen… I have seen a gyn, and everything is fine, no PCOS or any irregularity, and she told me she doubts there is some hormonal inbalance as my periods are fine.

I started University in October and then I moved to other city where are live with my roommates, so I could say that there are changes in eating habits, as I don’t eat food I am used to at home. E.g. I don’t have a lunch everyday, so I eat in bakery. As a result of this and stress, I’ve lost about 6 kg, so I am around 50 kg now.

I know it is normal to have hair on these places, but my is about 1 cm long, some even more. There are hairs on my shoulders, also.

I am visiting an endocrinologist soon, I made an appointment. People here advised me to read “The Diet Cure”, and I will as soon as I get it.

And, unfortunately, so far I’ve found only one place where they do electrolysis, and it is 200 km far from my town. There must be more places, but I found nothing on the internet. I live in a small country. Also, as I don’t work, I really can’t ask my parents to give me so much money. I don’t think they could afford it. And I really don’t know which area would I start treating first, as hair is all over.

Thanks for replying LAgirl, means a lot.

SadK: Are you very tall? You don’t weigh much, and being too underweight can cause hair growth. Even if you’re not anorexic or even underweight, your body can just produce hair in response to rapid weight loss. It sounds like you lost the weight quickly and I noticed I got fuzzier when I lost some weight too fast (I weigh about what you weigh, but I am quite short).

I think being a bit more careful with your diet, and eating healthy fats (like avocado) might not be a bad idea, if the fuzziness is getting that bothersome.

I am not sure, but I think I am about 165 cm tall.
Same happened to you? Did the situation get better when you gained some weight?

I was told that, if there are not any hormonal imbalances, and the growth is caused by this, it can fall off naturally, providing I have a diet.

Yes, if I gain weight and maintain it, I tend to feel less fuzzy. Maybe it’s my imagination, though.

You are about 5’4" it sounds like, if I did my math right. That’s not too tall, so you are at the low end of normal weight. So it is probably the speed of the loss (more than the weight itself) that caused your body to panic a little bit. It might go away on it’s own if you gain a little back or at the very least don’t keep losing more so your body can stabilize a bit.

Thank you for advice :slight_smile:

not only do i have body hairs everywhere, i also have unwanted facial hair! i feel like a hirsute! but they say that it’s just normal and i should be proud of it because i inherited it. (kiss my @$%!) what sucks is, with the current norms in our society about being hairy, it makes me feel so insecure. and i dont get the support i need from my family and friends. i feel so tired shaving and waxing almost half of my life because i cant afford the expensive hair removal treatments nowadays. big sad face

I have just joined this forum, didnt think about looking for a site like this.

I am 23 and i have hair everywhere all over my body and it makes me feel really insecure i hate feeling like im a freak for having so much hair but i guess its good to know that im not alone. I especially hate having hairy arms especially when it comes to summer i wish i could wear short sleeved tops whenever i wish. I do shave my arms but it only lasts for a day then they turn stubbly it does my head in.

The hair on my stomach is pretty fair but still visible and the bottom of my back is worser the hairs a longer and darker. I just hate having such an hairy body i don’t feel like i’m normal.

I can’t afford laser treatment although i wish i could it would make me feel sooooo much better.

Laser MAY not make you feel better for all the areas that bother you. It is not always appropriate to use laser and on some areas it may actually induce more hair to grow. If your hair is dark, why don’t you try clipping and bleaching it to make it less noticeable?
It is cheaper than laser or electrolysis. Society judges men less hard than women in regard to hair distribution, but I know you feel pretty uncomfortable regardless.

Ok i should of stated that i am female but i’l take on what you said so thanks for the advice, why would isnt always appropriate to use laser on some parts of the body.

If you have dark, dense, coarse hair with light skin, then that is a good start for laser. If you have any hair that is light colored, red or clear or is medium or fine in structure, basically, don’t get your hopes up too high for a laser remedy. It won’t work for those kinds of hair. Being that I know you are a female now, I don’t like LASER for a woman’s face as we have had too many people reporting that more hair was stimulated to grow in addition to the hair they sought treatment for. Treating just a sparse few hairs with LASER can stimulate hair growth as well. If you want to gamble with your facial hair, then be ready to switch over to electrolysis if you are one of the unlucky ones who experiences laser hair stimulation. Even if you have a happy outcome with LASER, you will still need electrolysis to get the hairs that are left behind that are too light in color. Trust me, there is a mixture of hair colors on a woman’s face and laser can’t complete the job.

For the body, same conditions have to be met for laser to affect hair. It is great for the underarms, bikini area and lower legs especially. I even like it for the forearms if the hair is thick enough. You may end up patchy after you run the advised course, but more sessions could remedy that?? or you can just finish with electrolysis for assured destruction of the hair follicle.

Learn all you can now if you decide to start a hair removal plan in the future. If you can combine laser and electrolysis then all the better. If not, just know that electrolysis can “see” every hair structure, every color of hair on any color of skin. No limitations. It works wonderfully well. Laser does too, but you do have restrictions and limitations.

Dee

Thanx for info its very much appreciated, i dnt have facial hair which im very glad about. It’s more my arms that i would like to get done and then maybe my back.

I would feel quite embarrassed going into a place even though thats what they are there for.

I will defo learn more about different hair removal procedures.

Thanks again =)

You are very welcome. I wish you all the best. Many people are embarrassed when they begin, but many times you get a very caring and friendly laser tech or electrologist that makes you feel like there is nothing to be embarrassed over - it’s all just a routine’s day of work.

Take care.

Hi all
I have been getting hair removed from the sides of my face and my jawline using Appilsonix Selectiv Pro- these are very fine dark hairs. The beautician treats a few hairs then removes them by plucking and moves on to the next area. I am really worried about how this will all grow back. What if hairs that were fine blonde and not properly treated start to grow back dark? I’m a complete stressball about the whole thing.

This all started about 4 months ago. I was using Nair to remove upper lip hair and just saw one or two dark hairs on the side of my face. I very stupidly applied the cream to the sides of my face. It took the hair clean off my face. I looked like such a weirdo for a few weeks as it grew back and it was accompanied by 100’s of fine dark hairs. I had a few sessions of electrolysis and it removed the more obvious hairs but electrolysists said they couldn’t see anything else - but there were 100’s of the very fine ones which were giving me shadowing around my jawline. I have been so upset by the whole thing and I’m so embarrased as I’m sure people at work are wondering what the hell I did to myself. I’m supposed to be an intelligent person and I can’t forgive myself for what I’ve done. I’ve lost weight, not sleeping well, not able to concentrate at work and I’ve avoided lots of social situations to avoid the staring. I know I might sound all paranoid but people at work have seen the different stages of my situation and I’ve lost all confidence. I don’t like the person I’ve become. It so not like me. I hope I’m not coming across as being self-absorbed. I’m so insecure at the moment. I worry about the growth and the re-growth all of the time. I can’t remember a day that I haven’t examined myself in front of the mirror.
I know that some people might think - serves her right for being stupid. My sister and close friend have said they don’t want to hear my going on about it. So I haven’t spoken to them about it in weeks. I’ve become upset by the fact that they haven’t realised that I’m so upset about the whole thing. I know they have their own issues and insecurities. They are not used to me being like this. I try to avoid their company for now as it just upsets me.

Nair didn’t do anything. This is an illusion. Nair or shaving isn’t any different than getting a hair cut. It doesn’t impact the root and structure of the hair. It can’t change the color or thickness of the hair or anything else. What you saw was simply the result of cutting the hair off at the thicker part of the stem. So if you waited longer, the hair would have cycled and you would have been back to whatever you had originally.

Either way, it sounds like you’re getting the hair removed permanently, which is fine. You need to make sure the person knows what they’re doing. The hair shouldn’t feel plucked. After it’s zapped, it should slide out of the follicle without resistance if it was treated properly. You should really test out 3-4 electrologists to compare their skill levels.

Thanks for your comment but the reaction my skin had to using the Nair probably caused an increase of circulation in the area and this more than likely stimulated the growth of the hairs. I have done my research and I’ve seen on other sites that people have experienced the same thing - dark hairs growing. The hair that was removed with Nair did grow back normal eventually but there was stimulation of new growth and it definitely was not an illusion. I had about 7 sessions of electrolysis and was getting good results but then moved onto Appilsonix - which is the new ultrasound hair removal system. I moved to this as I was getting frustrated because I’d seen 3 diff electrolysists and they said that the very fine dark hairs were too difficult to treat.I have posted my experinces/concerns on another site.

bridgetbee - i so relate to the way you are feeling… please kee me up to date with your treatemtns of selectif pro… it seems we are at very similar stages… i have had 5 treatemnts to date but all with about 6/7 weeks… i kind of think having so many close together is pointless and money wasting but i just want them gone expecially for summer here… could you please give me an exact rundowno f the way your beautician does it? currently i am not getting plucked/waxed - think i may have had about 10 hairs plucked alltogether and have now stopped doing that… i am so afraid of the plucking/waxing will make it worse… please give me an update on how you going when u can… thanks

Hi Bridget:

If the treatments you are receiving don’t prove satisfactory then you should probably find an electrologist who will treat the finer but dark hairs. If they are visible and bother you then they should be able to remove them. I’ve had lots of those types of hairs removed. the only ones we don’t bother with are the fine vellus that are incredibly fine, clear and can’t readily be seen.

What do you professional electrologist out there think about treating those types of hairs?

Alicia

I love this type of work and enjoy getting a really clear result,as long as it is what my client wants. This dense downiness is typically seen in many Celtic women. Desiring total clearance is often an indication of perfectionistism that I have noticed to be commom amongst designers and artists, but not so much in media types used to airbrushing. Have other electrologists noticed this?