Men shaving legs?

Greetings all,

I’m a 27 year old male. I just started shaving my legs about 1 year ago. I have always wanted to because I always hated how hairy my legs were. Compared to the rest of my body I was particularly hairy on my legs.

With the support of my girlfriend (now my wife) she showed me the ropes and now I shave my legs regularly. I was suprised that she didn’t care if I shaved. I suppose that all these years I felt it wasn’t too manly so I was unnecessarily afraid. I wish men weren’t trained to fear such things.

I’d have a hard time going back now. I find it much more comfortable in general, not to mention it’s nice to not have to look at all that hair.

Matte: I think your wife would also appreciate if you shaved your underarms. Try it and I am sure you won’t go back.

Matte: I think your wife would also appreciate if you shaved your underarms. Try it and I am sure you won’t go back.

Yes, I do agree, a clean looking underarms is, well clean looking and less odor.

One last question - for those of you who have moved to removing hair from your legs: were the legs the last part of your body that you removed hair from or was it one of the first? I started out by having to shave the night before my vasectomy. They sex that night was incredible! I didn’t keep it up right away but soon after I started shaving my genitals on a daily basis. I then trimmed the rest of my pubic hair. I tried shaving my chest and stomach hair. One day my wife commented that I needed to trim my armpits - when I think about it now I had a lot of hair there. Well, I trimmed and each time it was shorter until I shaved them completely. I now shave them every 2-3 days. I can’t imagine not doing it - especially wearing a tank top in the summer or to the gym. If I am working out and have to raise my arms over my head I don’t like seeing any hair there.

Tallman36

I actually shaved my head first! That was probably a more extreme change so shaving the chest and legs was not as drastic. Like yourself, I had been trimming my chest and leg hair shorter and shorter, until I just decided to shave them completely. I then went to laser and electrolysis to permanently get rid of the chest and arm hair. I am now undergoing laser treatments on my legs. They have been very successful so far. I can go a few days and not see any hair. I feel a little bit of stubble, but when I blade shave, there is hardly any hair on the razor, even after shaving one entire leg. I am also having electrolysis done on my armpits. I highly recommend it and would never go back.

Some people see my clean shaven head and legs and ask me if I’m a professional wrestler. I get a kick out of that! So much for shaving being perceived as feminine.

RJC2001

I began with shaving my underarms. Actually, it took a while to work up to shaving them, I began by trimming them, I have hated pit hair my whole life, but just was too embarrassed to shave them. Finally I decided trimmed lookd more goofy than shaved, so I just shaved them, and absolutely loved how it looked. Personally, I think shaved pits on men and women both are very sexy, where pit hair is gross. Plus, you don’t smell at all if they are shaved. I then began to trim my legs, and finally trimmed them so short they looked OK, but felt horrible, so one day got in the tub and shaved them altogether. I loved how they felt, in my pants, and most of all, between the sheets. I lift weights and have muscular legs, and they look so much better shaved. Plus, I love veins, and they show more shaved. I get lots of very positive comments on my legs, not the shaveing per se. My wife (who I am divorcing, but not for that reason) hates me shaved, but I love it. As I got more into bodybuilding, I shaved my chest and abs, and finally one day my arms. I love my arms shaved, and would never go back. I don’t wax as I don’t want to be stubbly for a week. I shave every time I shower, its not that big a deal, in truth, its kind of sensual.

I think its absurd that people say hair on men is natural and should be left alone, but women should shave. Their hair is natural too, is it not? If pit hair looked so good, women wouldn’t shave it. Same for leg hair. I think shaved legs on both sexes, if the legs are nice and muscled and lean, are absolutely gorgeous. Leg hair does nothing to make legs more attractive. I do know some women, like my wife, especially those of us over 40, are into the traditional image of a hairy male. I really think this is so much about conditioning, and expectations, but I also think if you work out, your muscles are much more visible without hair. Plus, the skin is so much smoother, and feels better when touched. Much better. I love having my smooth legs touched, it is very sensual, I feel the touch much better without the hair. I also love having my pits touched, and even my wife would never touch them with hair, but likes them smooth and clean.

I hope the present trend towards shaved men continues. I think many more men would shave, if they weren’t afraid of being ridiculed. The truth is, few people even notice I shave. Or, they may just think I am relatively hairless. If you are considering shaving, go for it, in the end, hardly anyone will say anything, and it is very sensual.

Veinlover: I am with you with respect to hairless underarms. If you feel good with shaved pits, you’ll freak out on how good it feels upon removal by electrolysis. Also, most people never notice whether your pits are hairless or not; and I have never had an adverse comment. Very often the person that notices it wants to know the best way to remove their own underarm hair.For men to feel comfortable in doing it the first time, it may be necessary for some woman to suggest it. Finally, if you like smooth pits,you will also enjoy removal of your genital hair. Just try it.

I really have to agree with you Veinlover that legs, whether it be on a man or woman, look so much better shaved. Yes, especially when they are nicely muscled and lean. I think that more guys would like it if they could get over the preconceptions that a man should have hair or that they should not do anything to remove it. I think the issue is actually the removal because nobody says anything about someone that just does not have much hair to begin with.
Nicely muscled, lean and tanned womens legs are just incredible!! Heck, I think all legs should be smooth. the human body, especially when nicely developed, should not be covered with fur. Now, if someone really prefers having hair then that is fine but I think there are so many people that would go smooth if there wasn’t the stigma or worrying what other people will say.
I would highly recommend waxing though. The smoothness can’t be compared to shaving. I also don’t get stubble. The hair does grow back and you do have wait to get waxed but the smoothness is incredible. In fact, I just had mine waxed today.
I also shave my underarms - yes, pit hair is gross.

Tallman36

Tallman–why not wax the pits too, then? I’ve thought of doing that, though I guess such a small area, you could do laser or electrolysis and get rid of it once and for all. I’d prefer that, actually, as it is hard to get the pits nice and smooth, like I can get my legs or arms. The hair is just thicker. I’ve thought of waxing my legs, so you are saying the stubble period isn’t that bad? I understand hair has to be a certain length to wax, so you need to wait for it to grow out. Also, doesn’t it hurt like hell? I’d actually love to get my chest and abs waxed, but that hair hurts a lot if you tweeze it out, much less remove a bunch at once, I can only imagine. But, its hard to keep my chest t smooth, you have to shave it daily. Maybe I should just laser a little bit at a time, but its still expensive, since you have to do it often. Electrolysis would be too slow for anything larger than the pits, I’d think. Also, is electrolysis permanent, or does it need to be repeated, like laser?

Barrester, When you say pubes, you mean ALL of them, or just the balls and shaft? I do that now, but leave a nice trimmed patch, as otherwise I personally think I’d feel, and look, funny. I guess there’s just a bit of traditional guy in me after all. On women I like bald, but on men I have a hard time with it. Go figure, considering I am pleased to remove all the rest of my body hair. Its like some guys shave their chest, but not their pits, to look “manly”. On women, its more important to shave it all, as you can get at their lips down there better, whereas with men, if you do the balls and shaft, the other pubes, if trimmed, aren’t really in the way. That said, evereyone who shaves it all down there tells me how wonderful sex is, so I guess I should try it if I meet a woman who would like it.

Also, Tallman, how long do you go between waxings on your legs? And, what does it cost to do them?

Barrester, what did you pay to have your pits electrolysed?

Thanks.

Veinlover,

I have thought about waxing my pits but I hate to leave them unshaven for more than 2-3 days. the hair seems to be darker and grow pretty fast. That is the one issue with waxing - waiting for the hair to grow in order to wax again. I hate going to workout and having my pits not clean and smooth. Because it is a small area I don’t mind shaving them regularly.

In regards to waxing legs, I need to wait about 4 weeks or so to get them waxed again. I feel a little bit of stubble after about a week but it is not the same as shaving. Once the hair comes through the skin it is not sharp like hair that has been shaved so I really don’t feel it like shaving. If you like the feeling of shaved legs then I guarantee that you will love the feeling of waxed legs. It is sooooo smooth and having someone feel them is great because you can feel that so much better.
As far as the pain, yes it hurts a little and some areas more than others. Once you get used to it and also the fact that once you are done there is no more pain until the next time you wax. I find the upper thigh and the upper hamstrings, where they meet the glutes, are more sensitive than the middle of the quads or calves.
In regards to chest and abs, that’s what I started with (see my previous post outlining my progression). I think that chest hurts the most. Lower abs, right above pubic area, also is a bit more sensitive.
In regards to price, I am not sure what I pay for just legs because I usually have other areas waxed at the same time. I will say that I highly recommend you trying it and see it it is for you. From what you have said in your posts I think you will enjoy it.

Lastly, as far as removing your pubic hair completely - I understand feeling funny about it. I thought the same thing. Again, I would highly recommend you trying it. When my esthetician would wax my stomach it seemed to go down a little lower each time until I only had about half the amount left. I decided to just get it completely removed, seeing that I loved all the other smoothness so much. Well, I can’t tell you how incredible it feels!! I also think that waxing makes a difference as opposed to shaving but shaving works also. I never thought that it would make that much of a difference but just like when you feel your woman’s legs against your smooth legs, when - in certain positions, you feel her against you right above your penis, the feeling is just incredible. I was really amazed that I could feel so much in that area. For me though, I love the feeling of our smooth bodies against each other - it is one of the things I love most during sex, being able to really feel her body against mine and being smooth in that area just goes with that whole idea.

Let us know if you decide to take the waxing plunge.

Tallman36

Veinlover: When I say I removed all the pube hair, I mean all. Every woman I have been with has been pleased and has remarked that they wished all men would do likewise.They get smooth down there for our pleasure and the think we should be smooth for their pleasure… I suggest you get it done…you,ll never have any regrets.

But, its hard to keep my chest smooth, you have to shave it daily. Maybe I should just laser a little bit at a time, but its still expensive, since you have to do it often. Electrolysis would be too slow for anything larger than the pits, I’d think. Also, is electrolysis permanent, or does it need to be repeated, like laser?

I found that after just one laser treatment, I found that shaving gave a lot better results. I got permanent reduction of 50% after one treatment. The remaining hairs were finer so the stubble was not nearly so bad.

Once you have had several laser treatments to get most of the hair, you can finish with electrolysis. This is what I did and I’m extremely happy with the results. I am almost hair free on my chest and armpits. And there is very little left on my abs and back.

RJC2001

Hi Mattie

Most men unfortunatly feel that shaving their bodies, and particularly their legs is “unmanly”. I believe quite the opposite. As you put it, men seem trained to believe that this is the case. Hair on our bodies is evolunitary unecesary and most of the women I am familiar with like the smooth muscular look of a shaved and well cared for body. Generally hair on the body (e.g. pits) contributes towards odours and poorer hygien. Your decision to shave your legs is not unusual and will show benefits in terms of your physique. Well done on the first steps.
Regards
Stuart

Lastly, as far as removing your pubic hair completely - I understand feeling funny about it. I thought the same thing. … I never thought that it would make that much of a difference but just like when you feel your woman’s legs against your smooth legs, when - in certain positions, you feel her against you right above your penis, the feeling is just incredible. I was really amazed that I could feel so much in that area. For me though, I love the feeling of our smooth bodies against each other - it is one of the things I love most during sex, being able to really feel her body against mine and being smooth in that area just goes with that whole idea.

Let us know if you decide to take the waxing plunge.

Tallman36 [/quote]

I guess I wonder how you feel in the gym shower totally bald down below? I know this sounds funny coming from a guy who already shaves most of his body, but not having hair in that particular place would look “boy like” would it not? I realise you are more developed there, etc, its just a majour last step I guess. I can understand, however, how erotic it must feeel. I know the ladies say they feel ever so much more sensation when totally bald. I also don’t know why a totally pube free female looks any more natural than a totally pube free male, but I guess women have been shaving, waxing, etc. there for a long time, so I am more used to it. Given I am hair free, I guess it would fit in nicely.

You summed it up well in saying the feeling of my smooth body against a woman’s smooth body is simply incredible. I think for the most part, they love it too. Plus, if they wish to lick you all over, they needn’t worry about hair balls.

My biggest worry about getting waxed in that area is ingrown hairs. How common are ingrown hairs after having that area waxed?

RJC2001

My biggest worry about getting waxed in that area is ingrown hairs. How common are ingrown hairs after having that area waxed?

RJC2001

I’ve never waxed, but certainly I don’t think you will get any ingrown hairs on your lower legs. The only part of my legs that can be a bit troublesome is the inside part of the thigh, where the hairs are fairly fine, and grow at a very big angle, almost horizontal, so they tend to ingrow. You may also have a bit of a problem on the hamstrings, I don’t know. I really don’t think this should be a huge concern on legs.

I’m getting laser treatments on my legs and it is working very well, so I won’t be waxing them. I was wondering how much of a problem ingrowns are after getting a full brazilian wax.

RJC2001

I guess I wonder how you feel in the gym shower totally bald down below? I know this sounds funny coming from a guy who already shaves most of his body, but not having hair in that particular place would look “boy like” would it not?
I would like to add my two cents.
In the changing room (after swimming, I don’t go to gym), I get a few looks sometimes, but no one says a word. I don’t mind being look “boy like”. There are lots of other guys trim their pubic hair, if you look carefully.

I actually got curious after all this, and just shaved it all off one day, to see how it looks and feels, and, truthfully, it isn’t the big deal I thought it would be. I don’t even look as “boylike” as I thought I would, and it sure looks and feels cleaner. The area is sensitive to touch, I think someone mentioned that,though there is more fat under the skin there than I would have imagined. I can see how much nicer it would be for a woman giving you attention down there to be all nice and clean, though you probably could keep it nice by just trimming it short as well. I guess because the rest of me is hairless, this doesn’t really stand out, if fact, I like it not standing out, as with a hairless body a bunch of public hair isnn’t really that atractive. I’m letting it grow back out, just a small patch, to see if I like it better smooth, or maybe 1/2" long. It’s not like legs, where I care if it’s smooth to touch or not.

I am a 16 year old male and have started shaving my legs but my grandma doesn’t think that i should she says its girlish but i feel comfortable with my legs shaved. I am already wearing shorts in P.E. and haven’t been made fun of. i think that other guys should try shaving their legs as it will help them feel better about themselves.