ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here.

I just wanted to take a minute and share my success story. I don’t make it to this site very much anymore but I used to visit often. I have had such remarkable success over the last 16 months that hair problems aren’t even on my mind anymore. My journey began in September 2011. I had random dark hairs on my chin, neck, jawline, and sideburns. I had been plucking for a long time and it was hard when I started electrolysis and realized that there was much more hair than I had ever realized. At first I went every week for a 15-20 minute session. I looked forward all week to getting to go in an get all of the hair zapped. In May 2012 I was able to start stretching it out and only going every 2 weeks. By November I was down to once a month and now when I go in there are very few hairs to even treat. There’s still a few hairs that pop up from time to time that are darker and freak me out, but overall, I don’t even think about hair anymore. For anyone just beginning this journey, please stick with it. I was a skeptic and at times was sure that it wasn’t working. My electrologist was very patient and kept reminding me that it takes time. Sure enough, she was right. I wish I would have started electrolyisis years ago!

Hi,

I have not been on the board for ages. I began this journey in February 2011 and I have had thermolysis for 36-40 hours and I felt that I did not achieve the results I wanted. I was going for weekly sessions for 1 hour. I then decided to and have blend at Parkside Clinic in December 2011. I had 24 hours of treatment until June/July 2012, weekly treatments. I then have had 4 hours of blend from then until January 2013 so 3-5 week periods.
Treatment on my chin…which was my focus… reduced from the full hour to 15 minutes.
I am delighted with the results from blend and from Sharon. I do not have any scaring, my skin is improving and rejuvenating (as it was discoloured from plucking). I feel that I have very soft fine hair that I am not overly concerned about.
I longer pluck for 2 hours a night.
I feel confident in direct sunlight and hold my head up.
I do not have to cover up with heavy foundation and powder.
I believe that I will go back for the finer hair every month - six weeks. Its not an issue.
Its been a long journey but worthwhile and successful.
I am very happy : )

Thank you for listening.

I am delighted for you, issy! This is why we call electrolysis life changing.

If you were my client, I would have done thermolysis in those first attempts and you would have been just as happy. ALL modalities of electrolysis lead to a preditable outcome, but not all electrologists are skilled enough to know how to perform all modalities correctly. This was the case for you regarding YOUR thermolysis experience and I just want this community to know that very important fact. ALL MODALITIES SUCCEED, but without a skilled driver, you won’t get to your destination.

Thanks for adding to this thread.

Dee
Thank you for your comment.
I agree with you that it is the skill of the practitioner and the insertions not the modality.
I felt very confident with my first electrologist but the results with hair reduction was not what I had anticipated - and I was patient : )
Your clarification was extremely helpful.
I wish everyone on this journey a successful outcome.

Hi all,

I’ve finally registered on this site after scouring all posts relating to electrolysis/laser hair removal as a non member. This site has been such a massive help during my electrolysis journey and I’m now confident enough to share my experience.

Where to start, I am a 25 year old female of South East Asian descent. Fortunately for me I am actually not overly hairy however of course you are always your own worse critic. My sideburns bothered me a bit. They were longer than the usual (just a teeny fraction past my earlobes)and a work colleague had been getting IPL for pigmentation and suggested it as an option since I had mentioned it bothered me.

Anywho to try and cut this long story short, I had 4 sessions of IPL on my sideburns and upper lip. Initially my sideburns were shaved (standard practice) prior to the IPL. I had 4 weeks in between treatments and what I thought were results, was actually just the delayed growth due to the shaving on each visit. I personally don’t think the IPL had any effect on the hair as there was no shedding in between. My savvy colleagues had then caught onto Laser hair removal and were getting bikini areas done to which rave reviews all round. I then switched from IPL to Laser. Boy was that a bad decision.

Of course according to the clinic, yes I was a perfect candidate and most definitely the laser would work . I am of medium skin colour and tan easily , the hairs on my face were black but very fine (cringing as I’m typing this - hindsight is always 20/20). I had 6 sessions in total, with a Candela Gentlelase - the settings i’m not quite sure of. Walking away after each session, I was happy with the “results” the surface hair had been removed. And after two weeks time I did experience the shedding of hair. After my 5th treatment, during the break period I noticed that although my sideburns had been removed the fine downy hair that coated my cheeks were now no longer fine but dark, and alot thicker (correct term being terminal hairs). As well as hairs sprouting on my neck. In a panic, I called the owner of the clinic who reassured me this was not a problem and to see her on my next visit. At this stage, I then started to google keywords such as “laser stimulated hair growth” I came across so many other posts which made me really anxious about what was happening to me and also stumbled upon this website. On my visit I mentioned that could this possibly be the result of laser induced hypertrichosis? A terminology I picked up from my Google search. The owner assured me, no definitely not. The hair growth was nothing out of the norm and she had seen worse, zapped the hair as per usual and told me if I had any worries or questions not to hesitate and contact her.

After the 6th session all was fine for up to 8 weeks, I then noticed I practically had grown a beard overnight! All the fine vellus hair that covered my cheeks and jawline had turned terminal. Sometimes during my laser sessions the technician would say Oh you’ve just got a dark hair here, i’ll zap it for you. This would be in random spots on my neck. I noticed I now had a number of dark hairs around 7-8 on my neck. I KNOW for a fact, this was all laser stimulated hair. I had gone and caused myself a problem, when I practically didn’t even have one to start off with. I gave up on returning back to laser, after all the research I did thereafter I knew I was one of the unfortunate’s who managed to get laser induced hair growth. Suing is also not an option in New Zealand.

The worse part of it all was not only the visual of the hair that had grown (in a beardlike pattern - along the front of my cheeks), but the coarse sound when I rubbed my hand against my face. This absolutely shattered my self esteem and I kicked myself everyday for my stupid uninformed decision I had made.

I then came across Electrolysis as a form of hair removal, this time round I did extensive research. Such as post electrolysis effects, and does electrolysis stimulate hair growth ? I was so wary of the consequences of hair removal. I only came across positive reviews and reassuring posts.

5 months ago I started my electrolysis journey, the lady I have been going to has done such a fantastic job. I can’t believe the results and am so wrapped I’m looking into doing a course in electrolysis myself to help others.

To those who may be sitting here reading this post, considering hair removal options (mainly laser) for yourself. Please please do your research, speak to those who have undergone treatments themselves. From what I’ve learnt, laser only works on COARSE dark hair, preferably on fair skin. And should really not be performed on females from the neck up because it is such a hormonal area. I am not a professional but am only speaking from my own experience. I would recommend electrolysis to all and I really wish that I had chosen it from the start.

Kind Regards
Mel

Another success story. Twenty years and counting.

#107294 - Today at 04:29 PM Genital Electrolysis (M/F) USA/Canada recommends
Bryan McKenzie

Loc: Palm Springs & Baja (Playas de…
I have used the following electrologists over the past 20+ years and highly recommend them for both the ‘intimate’ parts and numerous male body areas. All CPE, pleasant, affordable and comfortable working on men. E-mail at my website if you have any questions or are uncomfortable about starting your own hair removal process … http://www.genital-electrolysis.com/

20-year “hair-free” genitals electrolysis veteran … contact me privately for referrals & complete details of this long (non-laser) journey to be smooth “down there.”

Another success story, courtesy of Josefa:

Throughout my entire career, I have finished many cases of woman face, but few of them have touched my heart like this. Women 26 years of age. Victim of previous laser failure, and under-treatment by Electrolysis in her country of origin. This beautiful girl is almost over with a serious problem of hair which would have ruined her life. I’m glad I agreed to work on this girl, and it was a pleasure to meet her.
Before:(December 2012)

After 3 clearances (Last clearing in early March 2013)

I’m glad I had a Laurier IBP to make this work. Everything was easier.

Great work Dee, and great photography too. This person can now enjoy her beautiful complexion.

Though I have done many chin cases like this, I can’t take credit for this fantastic work and outcome. This is Josefa’s accomplishment. I just posted her pictures here on this thread to share another success story.

Another story headed down the road to success:

#108229 - Sat Aug 03 2013 08:30 PM A big milestone
Anonymous

Major Contributor

After a few months of electrolysis, I am officially, for the first time in my adult life (and I’m not that young) – NOT SHAVING between appointments! Yay! And I’m a woman who – through some evil twist of fate or whatnot – had a pretty full beard. Now, each appointment is removing a hair here, a hair there – oh, I see a couple of them over here. Just four months ago, I never would have noticed a few hairs, because who pays attention to a tree in a forest? Not a single hair she’s treated seems to have come back. At least, that’s my guess because otherwise, how could we have gone from a complete beard to zapping individual hairs so quickly?

She says it’ll be many more months before we’re done, and no longer have to zap pop-ups. But what a big step! :slight_smile:

I had my first electrolysis session today. 1 hour down, countless more to go! Yes, it was painful. It felt as if someone kept pricking me with a needle over and over and over and over…for an hour. My body kept twitching involuntarily. There is no turning back now, though, I’m in it for the long haul. So far, I have 1-hour sessions scheduled twice a month through the end of November.

Here are some specifics:

I’m a 41 year old female.
I have fair skin and red hair.
Area treated: chin
I’ve been shaving this area for years.
Method: Blend

My plan of action is
Chin
Upper Lip
Sideburns
Brows
Arms
Legs

qwerty Attachments

AFTER PIC
Aug 24 2013 Right Chin AFTER.jpg
BEFORE PIC
Aug 24 2013 Right Chin BEFORE.jpg

I’m happy for you Live and Let Live from Phoenix and welcome to Hairtell. Thank you for sharing and I hope you keep sharing with this board as you move forward with that cruel facial hair.

I’m going to move your post to another thread because this thread is for cases that have ended and the clients are fulfilled and happy with their results. Your post now appears on the thread entitled, ’ Electrolysis diary in Phoenix, Arizona’ .

Dee

This post was copied and pasted from another thread:

#110613 - Re: Oum’s Electrolysis Diary [Re: Oum]
zarin

My daughter suffers from PCOS and has severe side effects because of her condition. Laser did not help even after 3 years. after gratduating she became a recluse and did not persue her career. that was the time I thought I had to do something. So I got training for electrolysis and after I got my qualifications I saved and bought apilus cleo. the hair on her face was twice as much and twice thicker then yours when I started the treatment on her. That was 2 years ago and almost most of the thick hairs dont grow anymore and I am now working on finer hairs. It has taken me longer because I am not very experienced but I feel it was worth the effort. ELECTROLYSIS WORKS.

From 2011:

#82227 - Mon Jan 24 2011 08:13 AM Re: My electro journey…SO SO GOOD!!! [Re: Barbara_CPE]
vibe1luv~
Major Contributor

Loc: California
Good morning!
I have never been a soda drinker so there is no need to cut out sugar free diet sodas. I cannot say I never use sugar supplement, I do use it very rarely in ice tea, and did try the sugar free coffee creamer…BLAH, Ill stick to the non fat!!!

I just want everyone to have such a wonderful progression with electro! I have worked very hard! This is by far one of the best things I could have done for myself. I really have had to readjust my mind process, first to deal with the pain, the after math, and prep of electro. So many days I just wanted to give up, or after two hours of being treated, I would walk to my car and just sit there and CRY!!! At the time it felt like I was crying for the hours lost in electro from my family or personal life, but i think now I actually had to go through some grieving in order to let the hair go. I had lived with it for twenty years, it was a huge part of who I was! Letting go and moving on ment I had to find other parts of my personality and let those parts shine!
I went back to my endo and she congratulated me on my hair removal success and said BUT BETSY take care of your body! This is when I went oh SH*T she is so right! Hence the lifestyle change, I never went on a diet, I knew I had to cut out carbs but I never choose a diet plan! This is just who I am now!
My goal was to get to a size 13 by June, I passed that, 160 by June, passed! And to run a fun race in 2011. Im doing a 5K in February!
To anyone who questions electrology I say this, find someone you trust, get a good long consultation, talk to others, make sure the outfit is clean and comfortable. Ask to talk to other clients. And then fully enjoy the results of a commited quest. I hear so many ppl say “it doesnt work” I ask what is your schedule for hair removal, they say oh i go 15 minutes every week or two, I just shake my head, read about hair grwoth cycles, you will know why you must jump in with two feet and be dilligent!
Im close to forty and I wish I would have done this ten years ago, but its never to late. Im in the best shape of my life, and I enjoy it all without stubble or a 5 oclock shadow.
The work I do now is mostly on these course white hairs, that let me tell you have grown to at least an inch. I do not spend a lot of time looking at them but when I do, oh goodness! I end up trimming them a bit!!!

Happy Monday!!!

~BETS~
135 hours into thermolysis electrolysis on my neck, upper lip, sideburns, chin, cheeks, chest, between breasts and nipples.
Instatron Machine. Started April of 09. $2000. Nor Cal, Humboldt County

Hello everyone,

I hope the holidays have been going well.

My long-overdue electrolysis success story post is finally here. As a few of you know, I turned to Hairtell in desperation 4 years ago, when I was at the end of my rope with facial hair. I just could not stop the hair from appearing every single day! Here is a thread where I first described my situation and posted my picture.

Old thread

Here are the before and after pictures. The before picture was taken in December of 2009 while the after picture was taken this morning (December 2013). It took me about 18 months to get to being consistently like I appear in the ‘after’ picture i.e. by mid-2011, my face has been as depicted in the ‘after’ picture.

Before:

After (my chin is not swollen - I was smiling so my chin appears bigger):

At the time I first posted (2009), I lived in New Jersey and I started traveling to Buffalo to see James (I think I saw him 2 times for the first clearances), and then I moved to Ohio and would see Dee regularly. The first few clearances with James and Dee involved marathon sessions, mostly because I was traveling from so far away and it would not be economical to only work for an hour. However, after those first 6-8 or so marathon sessions, which sometimes lasted from the morning until the evening (like 10am-4pm or something like that), I saw a dramatic improvement, and the treatments tapered down. I started seeing Dee every 2-3 weeks or so, and the treatments were for 2 hours each time, instead of the marathon sessions we used to have in the beginning. I don’t remember the total number of hours of electrolysis I had in all (Dee probably has the number in her records) but it was well worth the effort.

My chin became really clear after the first few clearances but it took about 6 months before I had the guts to start wearing my hair up. By Month 9, I started letting people get close to me when they talked to me (I used to habitually step back in the past). By the end of 18 months of treatment, I was effectively the same as other women out there – my chin looks wonderfully smooth today.

I see an electrologist here in CT every month or every 6 weeks. We spend maybe 20 minutes on my face, but it’s usually to remove small numbers of fine hairs that I have become obsessed with (yes, you develop an obsession with hair that other people cannot see. Sometimes I tell my electrologist “I can see a hair there!” and she assures me that nobody else but me is looking at my face like that) – the face is perfect now, if I must say so myself. We have moved on to my belly hairs, which are not nearly as bad as my face was, so that also does not require much work. I think the belly and the stragglers on the chest will be done by May.

I can’t even begin to describe the difference this has made. I have not tweezed in years – yes, that’s right: YEARS! I have finally convinced my sister to go for electrolysis.

So if you’re out there worrying about whether or not electrolysis will work for you, if you have the right electrologist and you have the patience to see this through (it took me 9 months to be really confident again and about 18 months to be certain that the hair monster has been slain), and if you have the discipline to stop plucking, electrolysis is a wonderful, wonderful thing!

Good luck,
OrangeCode (Two-years-of-tweezeless-bliss) :slight_smile:

It is so nice to hear such success stories. My daughter had gone through a very tough time too with problems related to her pcos condition and hair. Hers is a success story too. It has changed her life. I see a new person in her and she is moving forward with lots of confidence. My advice to everyone is never to give up. End result is always very satisfying.

Thank you for sharing your story! What awesome work and your skin looks fantastic. This is encouraging for me to see.

Wow! I can’t wait for my chin to look like this

I’m sorry I just wanted to reply to one Dee posted above regarding a women shaking her head at someone going for 15 minutes every 2-3 weeks. I currently get around 2-5 hairs around each nipple and on my chin between appointments sometimes it’s 5 sometimes it’s as little as 2 I tend to see a dark sucker pop up recole in fear and leave them up to 5 days to see if anymore come threw which they normally do then ring to book an electrolysis appointment I pay for 10 minutes every 2.5 - 3 weeks am I doing something wrong? have I got people shaking their heads at me going on this schedule I’m confused by this. I’ve got an appointment booked on Thursday 9th Jan I last went on 23rd December.