Done my first electrolysis to remove my transplanted hairline. Is everything alright? [keep updating]

I also had headache but it was not too bad. I thought I was from ice pack.

the reason I removed my transplant is that I just have really bad feeling about it. It doesn’t feel right.

May I ask you how long you had redness on treated area?

It cleared up very quickly in a few days, one of the fastest recoveries of any area I had. Must have been because of the thick skin and the amount of blood running through that area.I hope you don’t have regrets though. I hear hair grafts are difficult to place and you need as much as you have for the future.

1 Like

day 16

Day 20
it seems to be a lot of pitting under light and shade.

Will this also go away?

What appears to be “pitting” is only temporary and a normal part of the healing process. Your skin will heal and look fine.

1 Like

week 5

Skin condition resolving as predicted.

1 Like

nicely documented as well. This stands as an excellent testament to the skins ability to heal.

1 Like

This is after 8 weeks

1. How is my progress after 8 weeks?

2. Up to this point, is there any sign of scars?

3. My next appointment is next week. Am I ready for another procedure? Or should I postpone it?

Thank you

Excellent progress. No scars. Hyperpigmentation fading. Your skin looks great.

1 Like

It looks much better. What does your practitioner say?

1 Like

Thank you. She said it’s ok for the upcoming session.

Can I ask how this finished up? I’m looking to have something similar done.

How was your skin after? Can you tell you had hair grafts removed? Is the pigmentation different?

Can I ask how your treatment went?

Hey brother. Any updates?

could you elaborate further on that please?

thanks

There isnt really much to elaborate on? This case has done exactly as said, leaving some pitting and uneven skin texture after the implanted hairs were destroyed. This is damage from the implant themselves, not electrolysis but generally doesnt show when the hair is present. I’m certain Michael can comment from a more educated standpoint than I as to why this is so, as he has a LOT more experience with transplants than I do.

I haven’t read thru all the posts but when I was doing transplants with Dr. Perkins, we tried to implant the graft to line-up the epidermis on the scalp with the epidermis on the graft … a big mistake! Problem is, if you don’t align perfectly, the epidermis links up quickly and you get a little bump or a dent (usually a dent).

I worked a bit with Dr. Kurgis who only does hair transplants and his technique solves the problem of “dents or bumps.” He inserts the graft with the hair graft epidermis “high and dry” above the skin: a millimeter or more. In this way the upper tissue desiccates and the scalp epidermis closes the wound perfectly … no dent and no bump … just perfect. All transplants are done this way (mostly),

So you beliebe its possible to remove a hair transplant without creating scars if there were no scars or pits from the original transplant?

Can we please have an update with pictures :slight_smile: