Transplanted hair removal

Best way to permanently remove hair from hair transplant with the least amount of scaring?

Consider that the transplanted hair graft already has scar tissue encircling the graft … it’s just the way the dermis heals. You won’t be able to see these minuscule scars unless you are already seeing a tiny “dent” with each graft … or a tiny bump. In this case the surgeon was trying to align the graft’s epidermis with your scalp epidermis. This was a very common mistake that has now been solved by placing the graft’s epidermis above the surrounding scalp epidermis. I can give you more details on this if you wish.

If you remove the hairs from the graft, you will potentially see more of the dimpling or tiny bumps (more commonly a dimple). Removing the hairs with electrolysis will not fill-in the dimples; but it should not cause any more visible scaring. Of course, electrolysis is your only choice for removing troublesome hair grafts. However, you must then decide if the tiny dimples (that you may or may not have) will become MORE prominent. Get lots of professional opinions and make a very careful decision.

2 Likes

what about possible poermanent redness left behind?

not happening

I saw this post that seems to have redness 2 months after the procedure but no update from him.

Are there any similar cases in this forum using electrolysis to remove hair transplant that you can provide me with?

Thanks

The redness is neovascularization and totally normal and expected (growth of new blood vessels). I would also expect some hyperpigmentation on this patient as well. This all resolves and is part of the normal healing process. None of this will be permanent.

Electrolysis (and laser) is a literal burn and you can’t expect the healing to take place within a few weeks. That would be nice; but the body has another agenda.

It looks like you have done enough removal; the hairline looks good. I only see hyperpigmentation that is almost always “the look” when this procedure is being done. It goes away … after a long time.

It would also be quite amazing if the doctor knows how to transplant individual hairs from your chest (or back) into the transplant area. This greatly softens the line and the tiny hairs at the hairline look amazingly natural. Check it out …

@Anouarbarack

I know the Problem that Have much Peoples with Hairtransplatation

On the Picture you see, the Transplanted Hairs , was setted some higher of the Old Hairline (real one).
Now he Have the Problem, some hairs of his Old Hair line , they are more Lower grow and it look shitty.

He is not the first one who have it, im much Active /online in Facebook groups for Hairtransplantats , saw Hundreds of peoples who did it . Few have this problem ,

But i think electrolyiss would be better for this few hairs .

If I understand correctly, you initially paid for the hair transplant procedure, and now you want to get rid of them? I would like to hear the full story about why this happened. Recently I also did a hair transplant new york city, and I am incredibly happy! I dreamed of a luxurious head of hair for 5 years and saved money for it for 5 years. And I sincerely can’t imagine that I would later decide to get rid of my hair. So why did you decide to do this? Did something go wrong?

He dont want to go rid of the total hairline.

He want just to remove the hairs from his old hairline.

thats all .

And thats normaly and in the Whole World is the best and also cheapest Place to do Hairtransplatation the Turkey.

Its really so even in Germany /Europe also USA /CANDA have not this much expertise in it as they have.

But also just in turkey 10 clinics arround, to stay there honest.

“Its really so even in Germany /Europe also USA /CANDA have not this much expertise in it [hair transplantation] as they [Turkey] have.” To which I say “Ugh!”

I assisted in hair transplantation for a few years with Dr. Perkins. Skilled surgeons will use smaller hairs for the hairline … and one or two hairs in each graft. Sometimes the hairline is too straight, too low, too dense and the grafts have too many hairs. This is the case the older procedures give the appearance of a “doll’s head.”

This experience gave me a good opportunity to make the hairline look more natural using electrolysis. I have found that virtually all electrologists do terrific work making these procedures look better. Initially there is a little reticence to do the procedure; but once they get started they see how easy it is to render a much better appearance to the hairline.