Desperate to kill some hair

Thank you for your thoughts. I was editing a vid when you post this, hoping to get some input. I started working on this last September (?) and the past couple months starting to see real results.

https://youtu.be/hsBdksTMY04

Saving a couple seconds not that important right now. The setup, insertion, and tweezing is the bulk of the time. The first half of vid double speed, just for idea how I work. I kill 2-3 hairs a minute, high kill ratio and pain management priority right now.

Camera has latency, and no depth perception. Dyslexia is a gift when working in mirror, after couple hundred hours it feel natural.

This 6-8 hrs after 58 hair that area. It will swell little more, but rarely scabs. Not shave for 2 days and very little visible.
The scar I underlined, my fault. Thought it was ingrown, and keep picking it. Couple months later, a tombstone pop out. 3mm of thick hair. 1 other tiny one right under lip.
I would not do thermolysis in my face. Full stop.

This is the preset for coarse chin hair. Have to treat twice, and pain intolerable. 40 mA my limit, 20mA around mouth/nose.

This what I’m using in the video. Virtually painless, and clean release. The lower UL is deceptive, it makes more lye with over double the thermal energy.

1 Like

You are welcome.

By you it look really Painful in the video.

By me i getted 20 Hours Electrolysis , by a Professional one. Also Faciial Area .

My Pain tolerance is very High.

I mean on my Upperlip for Example , on the lips its fine , i feel it but pain is ok.
But in the mustache /nose area , im very sensitive even, i start a lot to sneeze there.

As my Electrolysis one treated my chin/cheeks/throat area some, i had before like 17 laserpaointment on it. But dont work very well on some areas by me.

Mostly sleep by Electrolysis apointments.

Even my electrologist one , say to other because she know no one who is like me. Like have High Pain tolerance/sleep .

Some Guys with muscles want remove some facial hairs she told me. And they use numbing cream and cry . By Low settings.

Your Machine look complicated… really im no expert in it.

it exist machines they are very Easy /Simple.

I mean like they have just a Wheel /button to spin , like you can make Strength from 0 to 10 .You can set a timer and have a pedal/Needleholder button. YOu have no screen like ma or so.

It is! The manual has zero useful information it it. I ended up watching an advertising video in Rusian, to learn the keypad functions.

i believe it, but so far i know from here . Machines even new one are very expensive in North america.
Ilive in Germany/Europe

For a Pure Thermoylsis machien it start by 469 Euro/Dollar within like 900

for Blend /Galvanic/Deothermy machines arround 1000-1800 (New).

You get some used one by ebay for arround 1000-1300 , they cost usual 2000 new or so.

Maygan I’m very impressed by your DIY work. I would never figure out how to do accurate insertions on sides of my face. Your treatments are looking very good.

I would say adequate, very good is to generous. Trying to get some better shots…
My machine new is $3000 Canadian, mine used for $1100. Gal/Blend/Therm
Using a 7X mirror cheeks, 10X on chin/lips, 5X closer to ears. The stronger the magnification, the shorter focal length, and can’t focus farther away.

We are 110 V 60 hz, you 230 V 50 hz so better to buy one manufactured there.

https://youtu.be/F8yseHq6-KA

I would never figure out how to do accurate insertions on sides of my face. Your treatments are looking very good.

Ahh its not allways this Hard. You can use /make 1 Trick . Make it easier for you.
Stretch your skin and bend it like you can look /see all in the mirror.

I thought about some Things.

If your Machine would have a : Anaphoresis (Not Cataphories)

You could go over your skin, before you start the treatments.

anaphoresis open your Pores , so you dont have proparly use your fingers, to stretch skin.

Also would say use by treatments : Medicial gloves (latex) and before treatment spray to kill bacteries.

its really bettter.

That is some seriously incorrect information, but then what do I know … I’ve only been doing electrolysis for 45-years. Point being: cataphoresis does not “open” your pores. I give up … maybe it’s time for me to get off Hairtell altogether? Or at least give it a rest for a few months.

As far as I know just a fancy word for reverse polarity. In theory turns sebum into soap and pull out of skin to shrink pores…

You’re doing fine Michael. It’s my experience that some of the schools, have been teaching some new electrologists, some seriously questionable stuff. That’s before you have that particular electrologisthaving their own opinion on the topic which guides them… Keep pointing out the inconsistencies, and hopefully sooner or later they get it.

My Electrologist

She use a Sinus Blend Machine.

She use this and she use this and told me , she use it , to Open Pores.

And she is also a Professional Electroloygist Proofed one

She do it as Job +Cosmedic studio.

Im no Professsional Electrologist /Not even know /do it as Job. Can just tell what she told me and what i feeled as different. It definitly did something by treatments. Was more comfy for me.

How some Experience with Electrolysis /Hairremoval , can tell some things (limited) but not all .

You’re confusing anaphoresis and cataphoresis … I would refer you to the many textbooks out there that stridently refute you assertion (and your electrologist’s too). Besides, pores do not “open and close” like little port holes. These are myths of the Beauty Industry … ask any dermatologist.

1 Like

Yes you are right .

Was mixing something together than *AnaPhoriesis * not Cataphoresis.

I believe it you , what you wrote.

i can just tell by treatment , usual even if it shouldnt be usual because inside where hair grow out are no nerves. At least it say online lecture.

But i feel by treatments from professional if the needle go inside (sometimes) , but after this Anaphoresis , i doesnt feeled it. Feeled more comfy. Just can tell my own experience.

Interesting side point to this conversation. I apparently have the most valuable useless tool for Apilus Xcell sitting in the same box it’s been in for all 7 years of my ownership. A few years ago the FDA declared it unlawful to perform cataphoresis and in fact banned the import of electrolysis machines which had this feature.So all the Xcell units that dectro sent to the US had included a “light therapy” wand instead of the cataphoresis wands that my canadian version of the Xcell came with. This had something to do with it being possible to cause drugs to be absorbed into the skin via the cataphorsis process. This made those wands, apparently somewhat desireable to some of the US folks ( always want what ya cant have, am I right?) Anyway I have never once felt the need to do cataphoresis… I suppose those wands will stay on my shelf for another 40 years and still not ever be used for anything!

I have been fed so many s**t sandwiches by the beauty/health industry, the first place I go on any topic is NCBI Pub Med… There is zero useful research that has been done on cataphoresis. Most of the industry is snake oil and that’s my opinion on this too.
The only things I really believe in are electrolysis, Retin-A (tretinoin), and Product #7. There is solid research behind them that can’t be argued. I also believe in nutrition and being active, but that is not profitable, so you hear far to little about it.

Me too … worthless “fluff.” Some time, if you have the inclination, attend that massive “Beauty Expo” in Las Vegas. P T. Barnum at it’s best.

Have Maybe a Idea more for You Maygan.

I saw that in a older thread of here of a guy.

Hairtell Thread

and i dont Mean Galvanic or the Sterex machine.

I have a high quality digital microscopic viewer on an adjustable arm which displays the video on my big screen, making the whole process very easy for proper insertion.

You can get these by Amazon (for example) for <100-200 USD with 4K Resolution.

i think you live in canada so here a Link: https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Microsope+camera&ref=nav_bb_sb

this seems to be good:
https://www.amazon.ca/Bysameyee-3840x2160P-Microscope-Inspection-Magnification/dp/B09NBY6G9S/ref=nav_ya_signin?keywords=microscope%2Bcamera&qid=1658522707&sr=8-53&th=1

in feedbacks is this picture , i mean this is exactly what we need/want

Also my Professional Electrologist did it , if she Saw Growing Hairs, i mean the who was growing just, but not long enough she treated them also . But i think in theory , if you dont double treat the hairs even you cant, tweeze them. I think it should be like by Laser. By Laser you Shave the Hairs , before treatment . Let lase them and after 2-3 Weeks after the treatment , the Epidermis renew , so the dead Hairs will fall out after a while, Automatically. Think could be the same here.
Have a Wonderful Weekend Maygan

Feel free to try this on yourself. I wouldn’t want to work with a camera that gives you no depth perception. Leaving putrefying dead tissue under the surface of your skin is a bacteria farm. I can’t believe a professional would do that.

Yes of course, no professional would do it.

But no Professional have to deal with things like we have to do.

Like using Beauty Mirror with zoom or 2 . Or Use clips for some areas and so far.

I think if you use some like this and have it kind 40-50 cm away from your skin and you do it not this fast its fine.

There is an old saying: Necessity is the mother of invention

So if it not work other… like each areas , you cant see You have to use/do things , that could work even if its not perfect.

And also you can do the zoom more usual , like you need it, noit this deep like <10 x zoom.

But it was more a thougth for cheek/throat area fo overlip/chin/unterlip even for easy reachable areas , its not necessary at all.