Desperate to kill some hair

I’ve been to 2 different laser clinics with less than ideal results. Neck and cheeks it helps but won’t touch upper lip and jaw. I have olive skin and not enough contrast to work effectively. My only option is electrolysis but the closest to me is hour and half away and I have much better things to spend 10-15 thousand on. I thought I’d done quite a bit of research and had settled on a galvanic unit from Amazon for about $500 untill creeping Seana’s posts on reddit brought me here.
Now I’m thinking a quality blend unit from TES is a much better option, it should have value should I decide to sell it. I’m more than willing to pay for some online training and will make sure i’m somewhat competent before touching my face.
If anyone here knows of something available in Canada for a fair price I’d rather do that then deal with customs.
Also… one of the million youtube vids I watched said they will not do electrolysis on anyone with surgical implants. My femur and pelvis mostly titanium, Is that something that I should worry about?

I bought a ST250. my copy of A.R. Hinlkel’s electrolysis book is in the mail. By this time next week I should have a few less hairs :slight_smile:

My setup for now such as it is. Follicles be droppin like flies!

Hi Maygan,
good luck on your journey!
For machines in canada, the usual recommendations apply. Look on places like kijiji and in particular look in quebec ( province wide) when conducting your search . Try Seach terms such as electrolysis or Apilus . Also try searching facebook marketplace. Try for an older Apilus Senior or Silouette Tone VMC both of which are blend capable and often come up on kijiji and marketplace.
I am in a difficult place here, because I rtecommend blend only for DIY. I’m not sure your ST-250 does blend it may be thermolysis only. The issue is that actually certain types of currents ( particularly galvanic but not limited to that) can in fact cause problems with metal implants in particular. In some cases it can cause your body to reject the implant. For this reason it is a medical concern. With thermolysis this is less an issue but I dont recommend thermolysis to DIY’ers and even that can damage some types of sesative implants ( example coclear ear implants) . The answer , is to consult with your surgeon… He may tell you it’s not an issue at aall, but he also may tell you not to do electrolysis of a given modality , or even at all. Either way it is the advice of the surgeon, not any electrologist here on hairtell , that you should follow.

Thanks for the reply,
I went for a few sessions with someone who has over 30 years experience and does a lot of trans faces. She normally would use multi needle but said that pure galvanic isn’t an option for me. She used the exact same ST250 on me. It has a couple hundred preset blend settings for all body parts and hair types or can be set manually in thermolysis, galvanic, or blend.
I’m a little nervous about overtreating so just doing small test patches and going to give it a couple weeks to make sure I’m not scaring myself. The hairs were not releasing smooth in the blend presets so I increased the time about 20% and seems to work great.

I found when learning that presets generally werent sufficient for deep course transgender beard hairs/ I learned to do up to twice or more of the courser hair settings on my older Apilus unit, so yes increasing the time. I never experienced anything like overtreatment from this. In general the thermolysis component used in blend is less than used alone as thermolysis , for just about every preset. Also time is a critical factor the lye needs sufficient time to work in the follicle for you to get a good release. Finally, if you are nt generating a lye crust, something is wrong and you need to check your currents. A white crust aound the base of the probe from galvanic currents is a bnormal part of galvanic currents. . One strategy you could use is to do a treat and wait, treat with the blended currents and wait approximately 30 seconds or so before you attempt to remove the hair. This is often done by treating multiple identifyiable hairs and then removing them as a batch later on. The lye has more time to work on the follicle and this in turn obtains a better release of the hair, indeed, if you have a good insertion .

Good to know, so glad I found this site. It is a gold mine of information. I’ve read almost all your old posts. Can’t thank you enough for posting all your wins, and especially the losses. They have already saved me more time, money, and headaches than I can calculate.