Current Laser/IPL Models

Normally, we would bounce a spammer like this so fast it would make your head spin.

Although this spammer is still in violation of the contribute by actually answering questions with something other than a spam link, we will allow it, as the actual product looks like a valid and useful thing that would edify our membership.

A link to good laser studies: http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/htm/programmer/kontant/haarfjerningrapport.pdf

Hello everyone

I wonder if anyone has already tested the device IPL800 Deluxe

[discount-salon-supply dot com/IPL800.html]

I know that this is a cheap device, but I’m still interested or is it possible to remove the hair - home use.

Thanks for the spam from Centre Biotechnique. James, can we remove this?

I do not know why you suggest to remove my question. I only asked for an opinion.
If you do not want to answer go ahead…
Sorry for my bad English!
Regards!

I don’t think getting this device for home use is a good idea, andrej. I’m pretty sure you will get ripped off.

Dee

Read HairFacts.com. Devices by this company are discussed there and on the forum. They don’t work and you’ll have a hard time getting a refund they promise. If they worked, all clinics would be using them instead of $50K+ machines.

Thanks for the information. I decided that I will not buy the device.

What is your opinion on the devices for personal use Silk’n or Remington 5000?

You can read the threads on this forum regarding the Silk’n and Tria. Those are the only two that are somewhat recommended. Don’t expect miracles though or much of a permanent result. They’re great for touchups after you’ve done a round of professional treatments.

Once again, please understand that all lasers only work on dense coarse hair, like that on bikini, underarms, etc.

Thanks for the info…

I was just going to ask about GentleMAX! Candela is of course doing a lot of bragging about this combo machine. Know anyone who has had enough of an experience with it to tell about results? I live in Chicago and can’t find any nearby practitioners on their search function who use one of these machines. Maybe clinics are waiting to drop the dough until it’s a little more road tested. I Think i’m a decent GenleLase candidate so perhaps I won’t try and hold out until I find a place that has this new unit.

Candela’s GentleLASE and GentleYAG are some of the best on the market. GentleMAX is basically a combination of the two. So it’s just as good. They just offer clinics the ability to buy one machine for both light- and dark-skinned patients with this model. If you’re light enough for GentleLASE, there is no reason to look for GentleMAX.

Apogee Elite by Cynosure offers the same combo. They also have the new MPX model.

Just to add in the list: Soprano XL - a.k.a “Pain-free, hair-free laser machine” I believe it is one of the latest and high-end type of machine. Others call it ‘The Maserati of Laser Hair Removal’.

There’s another one for IPL - The PhotoNova PLS3 system was designed by the Swedish guys who started the whole IPL/hair removal technology back in the early 1990′s.:slight_smile:

I had Candela GentleMAX removal on my face about 5 years ago (dark, coarse hairs from PCOS). In four treatments, it removed 100% of the really dark coarse hairs, and I don’t believe they ever grew back (I have a couple now, but I think they’re new hairs because I switched birth control pills a couple of times when they popped up). The medium-brown slightly finer hairs almost completely disappeared. I still have a few coarse blondish or colorless ones that I pluck because they feel stubbly (but they’re invisible). All in all, I was thrilled with the results and would highly recommend it to anyone with my skin type, which is… actually, I’m not sure. Because I avoid the sun/wear sunscreen now, I’m very fair with dark body hair. But before I started doing that, I tanned extremely easy and rarely burned, which sounds like type V. Hope this helps!

Part two of rachard’s post should have included advice as to what one should do after laser reduction . Part two would have been the recommendation that electrolysis should be considered for the remaining light hair. Do you mention electrolysis to your clients as well, rachard?

You can go check them out. If she mentioned certain business, then they must all be worthy of consideration.

Anyone heard of ARIA SHR? It’s for aft laser hair removal

you can find information about hair removal in here:
[derma-tech dot co dot il/content.php?id=59]

I don’t see this one on your list, LA Girl- but it looks legit?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE HELP.

http://www.cutera.com/technology/flash-lamp/prowave/

ProWave (770-1100 nm), combines unrivaled treatment speed with optimal results and safety. Maximum versatility is achieved multiple wavelength technology enabling treatment modes from Alexandrite to Diode to near Nd:YAG.
Clinical studies showed > 80% hair reduction six months post three treatments.
Skin Type Mean Range
Type I-II 83% 65-95%
Type III 93% 90-98%
Type IV-V 73% 30-95%
Christine Lee, MD study (USA)
Table 1 Number of sites Mean number of hairs at baseline Mean number of hairs after treatment Hair reduction rate
Mode A 15 42.0 8.3 81.81%
Mode B 15 39.6 7.6 80.47%
Total for modes A and B 30 40.85 7.95 81.14%
Kei Negishi, MD study (Japan)
ProWave’s versatility speaks for itself. Push button control automatically shifts the wavelength and pulse width tailoring the treatment to optimize hair removal efficacy.
Fast treatment speeds save time and money. Time for an average back is 15 minutes, full legs in 10 minutes.
No numbing cream is required — still another time-saver.

FDA Clearance: ProWave is cleared for permanent hair reduction.

Product Specifications
Wavelength 770 - 1100 nm
shifted based on Program A, B or C
Fluence 5 to 35 J/cm2
Spot Size 10 x 30 mm
Pulse Width Automatic, based on Program A, B or C
Repetition Rate Up to 2 Hz