Current Laser/IPL Models

Sounds like we have another spammer on our hands.

Yes, poster ‘odi’ truly comes across as spammy.

I am not a spam, just speaking from my own experience over the years.I have performed thousands of treatments with lasers and IPL machines.Also had clients who used to be treated with various machines and can compare their feelings and results with this machine. I am not saying other lasers like Lightsheer are bad. They are doing the job well but with much more pain than the Soprano XL. Also with the Soprano I don’t have to worry too much for burns…its just don’t happens.

Burns happen on all machines (because it doesn’t depend on the machine, but on the person using it and setting inappropriate settings for specific skin types) and lack of pain usually means that treatments are not powerful enough. It HURTS to heat up the hair follicle enough to damage it permanently. Since you’ve only been using the machine since December 2008, i.e. for 6 months, you can’t know how permanent the results are yet for your customers. You need to give it at least 6 months AFTER they’re done with treatments, which in itself takes at least 1 year.

I’m male and have gone for 3 sessions with the Lumenis One LightSheer and have had really good results on my abdomen. It hurts a bit when getting it done but nothing unbearable, and they have rubber squeeze balls to assist. I recommend this one based on my experiences.

I have been undergoing treatments with Candela’s Alexandrite Gentlelase laser in the past year. Is this supposed to be one of the best lasers?

Yes, GentleLASE is one of the best for light skin (at high enough settings and on the right type of hair of course)

Well, my skin is very light, but my hair is very thin and light brown. This is why to destroy these hairs I probably need a good high setting, which is fine with me as I have a very high pain threshold. Do you know what settings are considered appropriately high enough? Right now, we just increased my setting to 16.

Laser doesn’t work on thin hair. It doesn’t matter what the settings are. You need electrolysis.

Please start a new thread. This thread is for names of machines only.

Hey LAGirl question for you, not sure if this is the best place. I checked yelp.com for fun for laser in Toronto and found one that a person really recommended due to their low prices. I checked their site and it really is fairly inexpensive, but I emailed to see what laser they use and they said: CoolGlide NDYAG 1064+.

If I’m not mistaken, I think I saw you say YAG isn’t good? I go to a good clinic right no wthat’s really expensive but I get discount since I know someone that works there so no plans on changing, but this new places pricing was about the same as what I pay after discount.

Yags are good for skin type IV and darker. It will also work on light skin, but only on the most coarse hair.

Is there some way I can check online on a chart or something what skin type I am? I’m white, but have some native in me, so if I didn’t go in the sun for months I’d be fairly light but not pasty like some of my other white friends. Then if I spent a day in the sun I’d be really tanned, so I’d say my skin is normally a bit tanned. Was just curious since their pricing is really reasonable. As I had mentioned in my other post to you, my discounted rate on my abdomen is $150 so I assumed if I wanted to do both forearms it would be a lot at my place, where as this one I’m looking at now is $100 for forearms so just seems like a good price.

Like I said above, it’s more important whether your hair is very coarse if you’re going to use a Yag.

Please start a new thread. We can discuss further there.

Has anyone tried Xemos laser hair removal? I have never had laser hair removal done before but am very close to buying Xemos because it isn’t too expensive to try. I would be very grateful if anyone who has tried it can tell me if it is easy to use, how long does one treatment take and just their overall experience. I would appreciate if very much. Thanks in advance.

I came across this website which helped me know which type of laser is suitable for my skin type:

http://www.hairlaserremoval.co.uk/laser-hair-removal-type.htm

Hi LA Girl. I had laser treatment when it first came out in the UK in the mid 1990’s - some hospital near London - I had Ruby laser which didn’t work. Prior to this, I had electrolysis professionally, and in the late 90’s early 2000’s, had laser treatment using Softlight (Yag), which was semi-successful.

I’m asian (Indian) and am light brown in skin colour. Is a Diode type laser best suited for my skin (for best results) and is this staement true: “The Diode laser is the most effective hair removal light source by far” as stated on the hairlaserremoval.co.uk website?

Finally, are Sk:n any good and are you aware of the laser types they use. Thanks in advance.

No, that website is not unbiased.

What’s best depends on your skin type. For your ethnic background, you likely need a Yag laser. Be aware that laser only works on coarse hair.

Ruby is NOT a good laser for you. You didn’t get results because they would have had to use very low settings in order to avoid burning you with it. It’s meant for very pale skin only and is not manufactured anymore. Softlight is not really a Yag. It’s a gimmick and one of the worst machines out there.

Look for good Yags like GentleYAG, Coolglide, Apogee Elite, Sciton, etc.

Please start a new thread.

hi, anyone know about the i5 Intensive Skin Light? which admitted was manufactured from Italy’s company
Is it true that european’s machine is much more better than china’s machine?

Can’t find any information on it online. Sounds like a IPL machine, which isn’t good for hair removal.

do you mean IPL isn’t good for hair removal or this i5 Intensive Skin Light isn’t good for hair removal?
can you lead me to the thread that consulting about IPL machine problems?
because my friend got some problem with it, which already done the hair removal treatments for 10 times already but didn’t got any result.
the fifth times the hair growth was reduce but when do for the 10 times the growth hair suddenly grow just like before do any treatment and also become worse