Current Laser/IPL Models

Has anyone had any experience with a CYNOSURE Apogee 20 TKS Laser (Alexandrite)? How does this machine compare with other Alexandrite Lasers? For that matter, is there much of a difference from one Alexandrite laser to another?

Thanks,
Shaggy 'n SF

Please post a new thread. This is a standard Alexandrite laser. You should find out what the spot size is. They vary on Apogee machines from 12mm to 15mm. The bigger, the better.

Will do. Thx!

I’m not sure if this was posted here in the past, but this is a pdf document that shows all the lasers out there, company, wavelength, joules, pulse length, price, scan area, etc…

It has some great info!

http://www.miinews.com/pdf/0205_hair.pdf

The CYNOSURE Apogee 20 TKS Laser has a 12.5mm spot size, so is certainly on the smaller end of the spot size spectrum.

Regards,
Benji

i just found out that the skn clinics london are using the apogee 755 elite, i was just wondering if anybody knew anything about it? since its not on your list. i dont really understand all these names of lasers and what they actually mean :S

It’s an alexandrite machine.

The spot size on the machine is 15mm and the pulse can also go down to 5ms.

Regards,
Benji

hi,
is there any difference between “mini gentlelase” and “gentlelase plus” machines? if yes, which is better in killing the hair?

Not a huge difference. Either is fine.

This is not a professional laser machine.

Hi, Does anyone know anything about a “laser” called Syneron Laser? It says it is a combination of laser and IPL, but I haven’t heard anything about it, ever. Apparently it has also been used to get rid of cellulites, but I am of course more interested in its ability to remove hair.

//Hanna

I think you better look onward, hannahanna. This light-based system (Aurora) was developed in Israel around the early 2000’s and they claimed it would affect light hairs. There are testimonials here about it not being very effective on light hairs. No laser can “see” light colored hairs.

Can you describe your situation? Location of the hair, color of hair, color of skin? Is the hair thick or thin?

Dee

I wouldn’t recommend going with Syneron. Are you exploring going to one of the national chain clinics. If so, I would urge you to run a quick search and read the reviews first.

If you’re interested in getting results with LHR, please start a new thread with more information about the areas, hair type, etc so we can help you get the best treatment possible.

I know there is different lasers recommended based on skin types. I’m probably skin type IV (asian indian). There is one doctor who uses Gentlase (alexandrite laser). He recommends me to use Obagi system (skin lightener plus retin-a) and then do laser reduction. Another doctor has Gemini (Nd:Yag) laser. Based on my skin type, I would assume Nd:Yag is safer? However in the internet, I’ve seen conflicting reviews on which laser is more effective in hair reduction? Does anyone have a good article on efficacy between the 2 lasers? Thank you.

Your skin type is in between. I woudn’t irritate your skin with any skin lighteners only in order to be able to use that one clinic’s laser. They can test if high enough settings are safe on your skin. If they’re not, go with a Yag.

Is quanta system manufacture a good laser?

It is not in the list

They are on the list. It’s the Fotona Yag systems. Don’t know much about them since they’re not popular in the US.

I would say from my experience I find that the best laser machine is the Soprano Xl - much faster, not painful (you need no pain killers) and great results. On my opinion it is the ultimate machine today.

What IS your experience? Performing treatments? What other lasers are you experienced in using?