Best Wishes for Michael Bono

Oh what a wonderfully sweet comment. Made me happy. Actually, I’m doing better and won’t have to see any more doctors. And thank you again … much love.

Michael would love to hear some of your most memorable stories like about celebrity clients. I think you mentioned some from the past. Were you nervous treating them? Was it always under nondisclosure agreements? Were they more difficult to work with than none celebs? Did you ever reject celeb clients?

WAY more fun was my much earlier career (18 - 35) … I played piano in hotels, restaurants and bars. I sang too and did “piano bar.” I was in a group that had a top-40 called Jaim … the song was “ship of time.” I still love to entertain! My father was also a musician and played with many famous bands of old (Tommy Dorsey).

When we lived in New York, my dad had the house band (trumpet) at various Night Clubs. Often the celebs would come over so my mom could make them diner. I met lots of celebs, but was too young to remember. My dad told me that his favorite star was Liberace! He loved the guy.

Dad also loved Carmen Miranda … I have photos of my dad with many celebs. I still have his old car that used to drive around with interesting people. I think I have a photo of my dad (Gino) and his car and Tony Bennett. Here’s a photo of my Dad’s MKII … I was getting ready to sell it, but that’s up to Eric now.

I had a great job playing in the bar at the Miramar Hotel (Santa Barbara) and my dad had the “house band.” In those days, the Hollywood types would drive up and spend a weekend at that hotel (that is now priced into insanity … one room, one night $1500!).

However, during those innocent times I met many Hollywood actresses and actors: Ray Miland (without his toupee), James Mason and many others … the old timers … right there at my piano bar. One night Ernest Borgnine came in and requested a song … I didn’t know. He gave me a $50 tip anyway … super sweet guy. I also worked at a restaurant bar called “Irelands.” It was co-owned by John Ireland and Barbra Streisand … met them both and both were extremely kind and sweet.

I started electrolysis work on a couple “celebs” but they didn’t have any patience and never even really started. I did have diner at Travolta’s house when he lived here. Other than that … celebs are not very interesting.

4 Likes

Also, my dad transcribed music and made charts for all the instruments. I had a bunch from Glenn Miller, Ted Fio Rito and Dorsey. I donated all the charts to our local college so the band has the original charts.

That car looks brand new, what a classic! I bet Jay Leno would be interested. :grin: I didn’t know you were a musician. I played trumpet in high school marching band. Did your parents approve when you went into electrology? All those names and bands your dad worked with speaks for how accomplished and talented he was to make it so big.

That is a beautiful car. Almost makes me wish I could still drive.

1 Like

At the time I decided to quit teaching (HS history) and take-up an electrology career … when told my parents … my mother burst into tears! She was not an emotional type at all. BTW most of the music on my videos is me playing Eric’s little keyboard. You don’t need permission for that.

Also, I found an old movie clip (Youtube) of the Dorsey band and my 19-year-old father playing trumpet. Gino was quite a character … I could write a book. We were nothing alike. When people asked him what his son did for a living, Gino would say, “He pulls hairs!” The stunned look on their faces was unique.

My father’s older brother Americo, also played trumpet … with Paul Whitman band. His younger brother Idalo, also played trumpet … with Gene Krupa’s band. And, here I am wrapped in a blanket like an old taco … ha ha ha

1 Like

You can’t drive? Please tell me it’s only temporary.

Nope it wouldnt be safe. Epilepsy is a disorder I’ve dealt with all my life. I thought I had it licked and used to drive extensively but not in more than 15 years or so ago now. I’ve had 3 grand mall seizures since I was 38 ( that I know of) and even once, while behind the wheel would lead to total loss of control of the vehicle. So no I can never ever drive again. I’m ok with it and have come to live with it. Death isnt a good way to get around :slight_smile:
/edit I actually go most places in warmer months on a hi-spec ebike, even towing a little trailer around for groceries. In winter, I just call an uber if I need to go somewhere.

2 Likes

Oh gosh you said so well exactly what I was thinking but couldn’t formulate

Oh no. I don’t know what’s going on exactly, but I hope you feel better soon.

Gosh Mike, that is the most amazing car - love it :heart:
Again, my best wishes to you and to Eric too. We can be here for him too. Any help please ask. So sorry the results were the worst. We all wrap you up in love :blue_heart:Regards Gillian

1 Like

Mike Bono,
Master of Meters
Boss of Blend
Fighter of Fuzz
Banisher of Bulbs
Reducer of Razors
Lord of Lye
Enchanter of Electricity
Mayor of Moustache
Star of Sterilization
Minder of Manes
Builder of Books
Hailer of Healing
Governor of Galvanic
Hypnotist of Hormones
Shaman of Shanks
Guide of Graduates
Rockstar of Roots
Professor of Permanence
Trailblazer of Treatments
Tamer of Telangeictasia
Duke of Direction
Peacekeeper of Pain
Referee of RF
Angel of Anagen
Conqueror of Catagen
Tamer of Telogen
Vindicator of Vellus
Papa of Papilla
Exec of Education
Sultan of Shape
Pro of Protection
Finesser of Fur
Paladin of Probes
Liberator of Locks
Babe of Bulge
Ninja of Needles
Commander of Circuits
Wizard of Watts
Champion of Change
Saviour of Skin
Hero of The Hairy
Expert Electrologist
Michael Bono, League of Legends.

With respect & appreciation for all of the awesomeness that is you! My mail is arriving (at it’s half way point) tonight! A million thanks. Wishes of comfort and peace and joy your way. Merry Christmas :heart::star2::green_heart:

2 Likes

Wow what a cute compilation and so very much appreciated. Sadly, as I prepare to depart, I still feel very unaccomplished because there is so much more I wanted to do. Only Drs. Remelli, Trujillo, Whitney and Kaslow (worked with me for decades) also departed without having produced a document illustrating the proper use of local anesthetic for electrolysis.

AND, today’s prices (for the local) are very inexpensive . We never charged for the local … a 50cc bottle of Xylocaine costs $6 and common charges are $25 for ONE cc … or the profit from a $6 bottle comes out to be $1,250. When was the last time a dentist charged you for local anesthetic? Well, they don’t charge, because it’s part of their treatment and it would be strange to have to pay and additional fee. Damn, I had so much to say on this important issue. Frustration is not a good feeling. I feel like I let people down. I have a bunch of drawings but I don’t think anyone would be able to figure out what I was trying to illustrate. Tomorrow, I think I’m go and SAND and paint something to get my mind off this terrible failing.

Michael I know this subject is on your mind and since you can’t compete the project showing how you did pain management, are you physician colleagues who were doing them for you able to discuss or educate on this subject in the future if the pros reach out to them?
Perhaps if they’re willing to discuss the technical aspects of this subject with professionals then this knowledge can still be passed on.

Dr Trujillo moved to new Mexico and I’ve lost contact. Dr. Whitney and Dr. Kaslow died. Dr. Ramelli is a dermatologist living in Long Beach and his wife “Sigrid” watched over the electrolysis operation. Sadly, Sigrid died and I have no contact with Dr. Ramelli. Actually there are a few electrologists (retired) that worked for Ramelli … but I have no contact with them either.

Unfortunately ALL the early mistakes will have to be encountered until they “re-discovered” the easy way to do all this. When Adrien was working with a doctor in France they sent me photos of their technique … and it was totally wrong and even dangerous. Local anesthetic for electrolysis requires a unique application. I’m angry that my time is all used up … Josefa is on board with this, but I can guarantee she will not dare step into that unfortunate controversy. Mostly being shouted down by electrologists themselves.

If you have the strength to start a topic on this subject it maybe still very useful to some out there. A general guide on what should be avoided and description of the correct technique. It may put the physicians or NPs on right track if some electrologist decides to partner.
When you worked with each physician over the years how long did it take in trial and error and mistakes to refine the technique to be appropriate for electrolysis?

Mike-- You have been not only one of the most important innovators in the field, but also one of the greatest ambassadors for the profession! When I think about how hair removal changed my life, then multiply my gratitude by the MILLIONS of people who have benefited from your electrolysis expertise and dedication, you have made such a tremendous impact in so many lives.

I am very grateful that we have been able to interact over the decades. You are one of my heroes.

2 Likes

Just saw this on YouTube. :cry:

You beat me to it Ava… Rest in Peace my friend