Best Wishes for Michael Bono

Dear Mike

You made me laugh too!

I’ve got multiple eager volunteers. I personally am going to start on bacteriology and infection control ( chapter 5) as I have some modern experience here and feel it requires a lot of updating… I do think we have more than enough help with this if the initial response is any indication.

I always thought the title of that chapter should be “Microbiology” This way it would include all the microorganisms … bacteria, virus, molds and all the other little bugs.

Well I honestly dont know how much of the original chapter I’ll be able to use, almost exactly, for that reason. The nature of disease, and disinfection ( which ideally now means sterilization) and the advent of things like covid, never foreseen in the 1960’s when written, have made vast changes in the field. Neither is bacteriology my best field, but modern infection control in an electrolysis setting is.I think Infection Control a more relevent chapter description and it has all changed since 1967.
This too is part of some of my volunteers and myself, is how true to the original text should we be?

1 Like

Yes, “infection control” is a much better title.

1 Like

I’m thinking about writing style that, actually, is not easy to master. Generally, UK writers are more passive voice. Whereas German and American writers are what’s called “active voice.”

I remember years ago I was having lunch with my then Dutch GF. I say, “Pass the butter!” And she laughed out loud. She said, "You Americans are so blunt, if you were British you might have said, “Oh excuse me, if it’s not too much trouble could you pass the butter?” Anyway that was her fun. In the next block, I’ll talk about the writing style that I was trying to put in the Hinkel book.

1 Like

Thanks Laura … I remember you well. Thanks for the fine comment.

3 Likes

Mike,
I hope you’re getting out to the beach and enjoying a few sunrises. I never met you in person, but we corresponded through email when I was a brand new Electrologist. You gave me advice and confidence, that’s a memory I keep close to me and reflect often on how far I’ve come since the beginning of my career. Your willingness to share information is legendary and has been an example we should all aspire to. I believe your gift of elevating others is a legacy you created many years ago. We’re all better for it, thanks to you. Still want to sit on the beach with you and talk shop. I’m not giving up that goal. Hugs and more hugs to you!
Love,
Laura in Tennessee

1 Like

Arg Mike you are going to drive me mad with your edits. You gave some excellent guidance on context and what you were trying to achieve and now poof gone! I had wanted to refer a couple of the people working on chapters independently so they could go by what you were saying. I thought it very well presented. Hope you are doing awesome.

Somehow I lost that post … I don’t know what happened.

How did the biopsy go? Any good news from that?

I wish it had been a good biopsy … LONG drive 100 miles one way. Excellent doctor. Confirmed the “worst case” possible. Maybe a few week to a couple months? Doctor is amazing and wants to “consider the options.” Options? I love the guy, Dr. Mick Meiselman … truly one of a kind. I didn’t want to leave the hospital … such over-the-top happy and friendly doctors and staff. I just wanted to stay wrapped up in that nice warm blanket (without all the tubes).

Now, I just wish I could do something for all my beautiful friends in real life and on-line here. Maybe a party or something? I’ll get Eric to send the rest of the Hinkel audio tapes to somebody. And, maybe post the several videos I was working on?

I don’t actually feel all that gloomy. I like watching dinosaur documentaries … it relaxes me for obvious reasons. I love all of you so much you would not believe it. I’m sorry that at times past I was an ass hat. I’ve forgotten the details of those situations but I’m sorry … But maybe ass hatism is just part of my nature?

4 Likes

I hope you find here some warm blankets too. I wish you all the warm blankets you deserve :heart::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Mike if i understood correctly, Eric lives with you because he’s somewhat special needs. is he going to be okay on his own when you pass? Is there anything i can do to help?

1 Like

My nephew has lived here with me for 17 years … so, he’ll be okay. After I’m gone my sister (his mom) will be coming here to stay with him. She has no idea what’s going on … and having her fall apart at the moment won’t help me. I decided to wait 'til is all over.

That’s so lovely for you to be thinking about me and Eric too. As I’ve noticed all these decades, those who also have problems (as in family matters) are always the ones with the biggest heart. Thanks Seana

I wonder if I’ll be plucking thorns or feathers, that is, if I’m going to some interesting resort?

I realize what amazing intuition and compassion you have Seana. But your intuition is “off the charts!” Eric’s special need is he’s got “too much IQ” … He has degrees in multiple subject from French, German, Japanese to Math & Physics. If you can imagine a 6’2" athlete (swimmer) carrying a bunch of math and physics books driving a beat-up old car and not paying attention … that’s Eric.

He’s finishing a book on physics and a SciFi novel. He sometimes isn’t focused on mundane things … but not too bad. I was always there to make sure his bills were paid, etc. Eric is a “mama’s boy” just like I was. So, having my sister here will be terrific and a great help for Eric. Although she can be pretty scattered and ditzy too. I hope they don’t burn the house down! Or at least let the cat out.

One of these days i should talk to you about the ways that autism manifests. Actually what the hell you may not be around next week .
Autism is a spectrum. Genetically , it’s identified in by certain genetic markers. Different people on the autism spectrum may experience autism to greater or lesser degrees. Ironically, because of the sensory aspect, people on the autism spectrum tend to thrive in areas that are very “rules based” , most expecially, math and physics. Guess what my strengths were in high school? Ironically, autism is also linked to epilepsy. I’ve been diagnosed epileptic since i was a small child. I still have issues with it. I’ve passed those genetics on to my son .

I undoubtedly inherited this condition from my father ( deceased) who incidentally was a civil engineer ( and math and physics nerd)
Because autism is a genetically passed condition it tends to be most exhibited in the male part of a familyheritage. The female descendants however are carriers of the gene though fewer end up identified onthe spectrum. There are aspects of ADHD to autism as well.
Ironically, some autistic people are never diagnosed as such their entire lives. Some can be extremely high functioning to the point that it isnt immediately noticeable.That “not being focussed on mundane things” or social awkwardness is yet another telltale sign of the disorder.
As someone who deals with this day in, day out, I’ve become hyper perceptive in seeing the traits of it in others. I can often identify other autistic individuals even just walking the other way onthe sidewalk by identifying their mannerisms and other telltale signs People on the autism spectrum, often, excel in one particular area, that may not seem to make sense to anyone else .
I dont mind saying Michael, that I think it possible the disorder may run in your bloodlines from what I have seen. It explains a lot.

1 Like

Very interesting indeed … thanks for the information.

You got me thinking. I did 45+ years of zapping hairs and enjoyed every minute! Interesting? Then again my writing and video stuff and loving all the details. Hummmm …

Hi Michael…

You don’t know me and I’ve never met you… I’m just some random person who visits this site and have seen your videos. I have posted a few questions here and each time you respond to them with an answer. I really appreciate that and it shows just how kind of a person you are to help some stranger with advice to ease their mind.

This is going to be my poor attempt at easing yours…

I guess in life all we can hope for is to leave a mark…a footprint…a sign that says “I was here”…We want that in our personal life and I’m sure you have that with your family and friends. We also want to leave a mark on whatever craft or profession we decide to become involved in. And you certainly have done that in yours!

Your videos have helped countless people…and with me not even being an electrolysis professional, i know you have a far reaching effect on all of those people with your books and teaching materials. I mentioned to my electrolgist one time about “an electrolgist from California that answered my question… a nice man name Mike”… and she immediately said “Oh, is it Mike Bono, i know him from the association”…So even in a tiny little town on the other side of the country, your teachings are making a difference with your colleagues. You are a true professional and have a passion for your craft that most people do not have for theirs.

I don’t know what your health issue is, and it’s not my business… but i was truly saddened when i came on to this forum tonight to see if there were any new posts and i saw this one that appears very bleak. I wish you all the best, i wish peace and comfort for your friends and family… and i hope you understand what a remarkable difference you have made in the lives of people who needed your help and guidance…your mark has been deeply established.

Thank you!! :heartbeat::two_hearts::heartbeat:

4 Likes