xemos laser for at home use.

You can read a VERY LONG discussion on the Silk’n here:

The long-story-short is that it is temporary hair removal, but some seem to like it enough.

That’s cool, again don’t want to hijack this thread I started another one in the forum if anyone wants to discuss there. But once I got my silk’n I of course wanted to zap away everywhere lol. Like I said I have hair on my arms and then some on the tops of my hands so I’ve been doing it there as well as some private areas, and under my arms. Under my arms really seems to have no change at all which is why I was thinking this wasn’t working. However, the other day I decided to extend the area that I do on my hands about an inch further up my wrist so I shaved more there and zapped it away. 2 days later, a bunch of hair had grown back, but none at all on my actual hands where I’ve been doing it which leads me to believe that even if temporary, it definitely is doing something.

We never said that it doesn’t do ANYTHING, just that it can’t compare to pro treatments, as the advertising campaign seems to want to convince you that it replaces.

I would go further to say that home electrolysis with the right machine would far outperform the Silk’n, but it would not be as quick and easy to do. Home electrolysis requires a hair removal partner to be most successful.

Yeah I would imagine home electrolysis would be a pain to do on your own, are there any machines that are good anyone can recommend that actually work?

If you mean home use LASER, then you really don’t have any options. Temporary results is the norm with home use LASER/IPL/Diode devices. The Tria seems to be the best of a bad lot.

On the other hand, if you want to do electrolysis at home, we have lots of machines that one could acquire and put in the work to both find a partner, and learn how to use the equipment wisely.

There are no home laser or IPL machines that are powerful enough to produce permanent results. Electrolysis can do that at home, but you would basically have to train yourself to become almost a professional level electrologist to do it without causing negative side effects and potential scarring.

Btw, you can’t tell anything 2 days after a treatment. You can pluck a hair and it would seem like permanent removal for 2 months since it’ll take that long for it to appear again, at least. You would need at LEAST 3-4 treatments spaced 8-12 weeks apart, and then would have to wait for 6 months after that to judge permanency.

You’re just spamming all the forums today, aren’t you? And not even trying hard to sound like a real consumer.

LOL @ LAgirl

Okay so let me get this straight!
This Xemos laser product is not permenent!
okay fair enough.

1. Is it painful?
  2. Does it last 2 weeks before the hair grows back?
  3. Will it last a year or 2 before it breaks or needs repairs/replacing?
  4. Is it user friendly?

I have read a lot of posts on this site, not just about this product but about others and the professional treatments.

It does seem that poeple are very quick to jump down each others throats on these forums. I guess this hair removal is a touchy subject!

I will be buying one of these Xemos Lasers next month and will give a review of mine and my husbands experiences with it.

Yes I know it will most likely be non-permenent but at the cost of 200 bucks its less than a year of waxing! and a year of shaving products!! and a full electrolosis/laser treatment (although not as long lasting!)

Cheers

We hope you don’t misunderstand. The seeming “jumping down throats” is more about the point of products like this being temporary, while they claim to be permanent, and/or being overpriced based on the real costs of the product.

We don’t mind if someone wants to use, say, a “Super Phaser Gold TransDermal Device” as long as that person is doing so with the understanding that used as directed, that product is only good for being an equivalent to waxing, while being less painful when the hairs are pulled out. If a person said that, we would not “jump down their throats.” It is when someone comes on here saying that The Super Phaser Gold is a breakthrough in PERMANENT hair removal that allows one to do better than professional treatments at home and with no pain at all and for the price of a few hours treatments… well, that’s when we “Rip 'Em A New One!”

Understood?

If you’re looking for temporary results, I would go with a Tria, which is a home diode. It’s not powerful enough for permanent removal, but it will give you decently long lasting reduction. This thing you’re considering is a piece of junk. You’d be better off sticking with waxing, which also gives 3 weeks of hairlessness.

I purchased a XEMOS through Vital Solutions 4 wks ago, and it has still not arrived. I’ve sent 7 emails, no response! Worst customer service ever, I feel like I’ve been robbed!!Wish I could post a positive review about my experiences with the product, if only it would arrive!

Avoid Vital Solutions!

Wow, people on this forum are mean! Particularly those who are “more advanced”. While it normally would have put me off because forums should be a safe place to find reviews and support from fellow consumers, I haven’t ever been so close to buying a product that I was attracted to at first look and am hoping someone kind would help…

I have never tried laser hair removal before but am curious about it and would like to give it a try. I’m very close to buying Xemos because it is not too expensive and something about it just attracted me to it when I first came across it. I am wondering if someone who has ACTUALLY tried it themselves can tell me if it works or if it doesn’t. If you haven’t tried it, please reserve your bias to yourself. Thanks.

I hope you realize that you’re not helping yourself by sounding like you’re trying to start discussions on this product to promote it on several forums at once. It doesn’t make your product any more effective.

The Xemo’s uses the exact same technology as the Epila. It has just been redesigned to look a little different.

I have used the Epila, and it does NOT work. So I assure you that the Xemo’s won’t either.

The only success storys you will hear on this forum in regards to using this product will be posted by people who have some financial interest in it. Not from anyone who has actually used it.

Although Xemo’s website gives a convincing account of their technologies ability to reduce hair, I am sceptical about its true abilities for a number of reasons.

Firstly lasers, diode lasers included, are dangerous equipment and require an operator with training and experience to be safely and effectively operated. Thus I find it extremely unlike that the FDA would aprove such an item for unsupervised home use.

Secondly Effective diode lasers with sufficient Fluence (laser strength/energy) to effectively remove hair, are extremely expensive to produce.
Most reputable laser companies market their diode lasers to doctors and trained laser techs in the region of $20,000-$30,000, so again its unlikely to provide such a product to the end user for $150-200.

Thirdly, Xemos doesnt allow you to post your review directly on to their website, I have tried a number of times to post comments on their website but to date none have appeared.

These considerations leaves me sceptical and would therefor advise people to be wary.

What may I ask are you trying to promote? - bashing every other product on the market!

You’re making everyone’s research on laser hair removal a NEGATIVE experience. I’m trying to find something to use at home after trying professional treatments and hairtell.com looks like a popular site. What do you sell or are you just putting your “heart” into this?

Who are you???

I would agree with everything the Dr. just said. There are no home use LASER’s. The closest one can get to that is the Tria and it is far from perfect.

I believe the good doctor. His words hold weight. It has all been said here before in so many ways, by so many people. Science trumps emotion.

I apologize if I have offended anyone.

My post is referring to “LAgirl”