xemos laser for at home use.

OK - I’m probably going to get blasted for asking about this machine… but I’m asking anyway!
Has anyone purchased this or is it brand new to market?
Claims to be a diode laser using a 808nm wavelength… similar to the Rio I think?
Would this wavelength of diode laser have any chance of permanently reducing hair in ideal circumstances (light skin, dark coarse hair)?
Just asking…

The problem with your question is that effectiveness is not determined simply by the wavelength. Diodes have 810nm wavelength, but they’re not all the same. Tria is a home diode and LightSheer is a professional diode. Tria won’t give you permanent results due to the high pulse width of 600ms vs LightSheer pulse of 10-50ms (used on average).

They won’t make a home machine as powerful as a professional machine. It’s not safe.

Just curious: Why is it that longer pulse would be less efficient that shorter one? I guess Tria has lower energy output and thus has to use longer pulse to be able to deliver enough energy to the target. But how does it make it less effective?

I got this for my boyfriend, who is extremely hairy and would’t go to a salon for that kind of laser removal. He’s Italian so he has an olive type skin tone (not dark) and dark brown hair. We’ve had xemos for 3 months and its worked out really well. Because hes so hairy each treatment took a while. Now the hair is almost gone and im just going over bits that we missed on previous treatments. - weve done a total of 7 treatment so far…And the hair that was removed has not come back, or not that i can tell, i havent been counting lol.–I dont think it hurts him much but the laser does burn the hair. its really cool to watch it. it seriously works. I would recommend it. and i would use it but im virtually hairless and the hair that i do have it very light blonde. have fun removing your hair!!

Why is it hard to find a phone number to contact the maker of this Xemos? Why is there No Company Address listed either? Why do they seem to expect you to request service or returns via email?

Why does michaelrip have only one post and is her post so blatantly positive? Nice try though.

Yes, that’s a blatant self-promotion.

Pertti, please read the FAQs at the link below. To answer your question, there are 3 variables that matter when setting the settings - joules, pulse, and spot size. All of these have to align just perfectly to kill the hair permanently. So even on professional machines, it can be hard to achieve these results if this is not done right.

Pulse width is VERY important. It’s been obvious now through 10+ years of treatments. A certain amount of energy with a certain speed needs to be delivered to kill the hair permanently. And high pulse doesn’t allow for that.

My friend picked one up a few weeks ago. She just started, but thinks it’s working pretty good. I’ll keep you posted of her results :slight_smile:

You can’t know whether it’s working if you just started. You need to give it 9-12 months of use and then stop for at least 4-6 months. If you don’t do that, shaving would seem permanent too.

I guess I’ll let you know in a year then. hehe :slight_smile:

Interesting how this thing looks like a new modernized Epila! Looks like it is basically the same device. Just shaped a little differently. And the Epila is now pretty much known across the industry to be junk. If not it should be. It is a total scam.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same company that used to make Epila, just marketing a new peice of junk with a diffrent name. Since the Epila received so many negative reviews.

Am the only one who cares about health as well? I recall one of the other products, i think it may have been Epil. My internet searches said it could cause a whole series of health issues

I came across this thread because I am trying to find out more information about the device I have bought and been using for the last two months. I’d just like to say that Xemos is working for me. So far the hair regrowth is much less with longer time between as well… I used to wax and within the next two days new hair is back and they aren’t just short ones - you can actually pluck it with your fingers if you want! So Xemos is really saving me a lot of time and trouble.

It uses the same technology as the Epila, which was a total scam! And I would bet my hard earned money the Xemo is as well.

I just think it is disgusting to see people preying on consumers trust, and pocket books with products that do not deliver what they are advertised to do.

If the Xemo manufacture really believed this product would do what it claims to, then they would have applied for an FDA approval before marketing it. Either they didn’t apply for it, OR applied and didn’t receive it.

Either way speaks volumes about its validity!

I find it interesting that both users, Joyce245 and Suesala are both using the same computer. Oh, but then again, they did say they were friends, didn’t they? :wink:

I just want to correct myself. i was referring to the Igia Finally Gone Permanent Hair Removal System; and not Epila. Igia was removed from shelves even and i have failed to find it. Xemos sounds promising and i want it to work. i tried researching how is works using melanin etcetera. I didn’t find anything shady yet.

You just said a mouthful! “it sounds promising, and I want it to work”. Well…unfortunately that’s why it sounds SO promising to you, because you want it to work so badly that it makes it easy to ignore product specifications and the advice of others who have been posting on this forum for an extensive amount of time.

I can tell you for a fact it doesn’t work. Have I used it? Nope!

But I, and most other people on here have seen this pieces of junk come and go. Leaving innocent consumers with nothing but a broken promise, less money in their accounts, and all of the same hair that they so wished to have removed the day they ordered it.

All these posts just scream self-promotion. They’re not even trying.

Hey everyone! I’m so glad I found this forum, been looking for a good one on hair removal for awhile and I was JUST about to buy this Xemos thing after seeing an ad on facebook. I’m a 26 year old white male, and fairly typical I guess, hairy legs, under arms, some on my arms, then on my tummy but smooth chest so nothing too crazy. I got into laser removal a few months ago since my friend works at a very good clinic here in Toronto so I went and did it on my stomach. I’ve gone for 3 sessions and I’m hooked. For the most part most of the hair is gone, and the hair that does grow back takes forever, so can’t wait to do more.

Because I got so into it I went out and bought the Silk’n awhile ago to do more private areas, and just to have. So far I’m getting mixed results with that but for the most part it seems to be working. I won’t hijack this forum going on about Silk’n but after seeing the ad for Xemos, plus it’s $199cad price tag I thought I’d maybe give it a shot just to see since that’s the price of 3 Silk’n cartridges right there. Glad I found this forum though.

Just out of curiosity, above I hear a lot of the older systems like Igia and Epila and so on and people saying they’re all junk. What about Silk’n is this different?

Run a search. Silk’n has been discussed before. First, it’s not a laser, it’s an IPL. It’s very lower-powered since it’s for home use, so it won’t give you permanent results like professional machines that cost $50K+ will. It’s fine for temporary removal.