Which to buy

You’re unclear on the concept. You might not want to attempt to lecture me on technology. I simply don’t believe your statement:

My other half uses it too and she loves it as much as I do, I have several friends now using it

It simply isn’t true. I seriously doubt you have several friends that use it. It sounds like a bandstanding populist statement. Even the new epilators people dump on Craigslist for cheap just to get rid of them:

Braun new epilator for cheap $15 or less, just anyone take from me.

There is a tidal wave of people that hate those things. They produce nothing but ingrowns and horrible skin.

You are parading your device. A good solution sells itself, it doesn’t need to be forced on people with glittering generalities and false populist statements, “Everybody’s using it! Jump on the bandwagon!” please… “Nuff said”? I guess not.

My “bubble” isn’t burst. I live in reality, I see people come here year after year complaining about rotary epilators.

And no, the technology hasn’t changed. You say that over and over, but wouldn’t it be easier just to explain how the technology has changed? Would it be that difficult -if it were true?

See, it’s a barrel, it spins, it has little tweezing snappers on it that open and close with the spinning of the barrel, they rip the air out, they damage the follicle. So what’s changed? Nothing.

Speaking of technology moving on, why don’t you get with the times? Why don’t you go with high frequency computer pulsed electrolysis or laser LHR? See, that’s the newer technology. See, I’ve embraced that and “moved on.”

December the 14th, still using my Braun, not going to mention the model number for fear of “ADVERTISING” but it is still doing a great job! It was over 4 weeks ago I epilated and only needed to glide it over a few areas of my legs to clear the whispy hairs that have regrown in the last 3 weeks, remember that this is a PERSONAL ACCOUNT of what this product does for MY MALE legs, which I prefer to be hair free. This is my own choice and I seem to have found a cheap product that does the job for me. I would love to see others finding they get the same results that I have gained on leg hair removal. I truly accept that electrolysis is the true permanent method of hair removal, but until I find the money for that, this method has been truly spectacular in its results, finer hair regrowth, and fewer needs to epilate what was daily then weekly then every 2 weeks, and now every 3 weeks. I do use a hair retardant moisturiser daily on my legs so maybe it is a combination of all factors that works for my legs keeping them hair free.
And Mantaray, move on yourself, I hate you self puffed up pushiness trying to promote newer products that we all know work better BUT cost a fortune!!!

I have my solution that cost me £80 and for months and months has worked for ME, I am just passing on my personal experiences.

OK???

JoHose.

Happy Xmas To All!!!

When the time comes, I will update in the new year, good or bad, I promise to tell all with my “rotary epilator” so far it is all good, but if it goes bad, you will know. First here!

Have a great new year!

JoHose.

Well, it is the 4th of this new year, my purchase has only needed 10 minutes to clear the few sprouting hairs on my now very smooth legs and the hair minimising moisturiser (nair) seems to do what it says on the tube, it retards hair growth. Sure it does pong of Veet hair dissolver but I only use it after epilating and do not seem to need it for two weeks until a few new hairs get to 1mm and then I use my product of choice all over my legs, I have to say that it is STILL doing a great job and my legs are silky smooth. I have moved onto my chest area using the same hair retardant cream and the results there are looking good too, except around my nipples, there seem to be a few hardy tree stumps to deal with atm. I am more than delighted with the results on my legs over the last few months and will keep updating the good or bad that I experience.
Hands up! I accept that electrolysis is the one true permanent hair removal method,but I cannot afford it, and this epilator method is working for ME, if others find it does or does not, please share your findings here…

Kind regards to all, and Happy New Year!!!

JoHose.

That stuff is TOXIC . When you put it on your body you are literally drinking it and when you shower you are spreading that toxic crap into our water supply. Do yourself ( and us) a favor and do not buy/use the chemical hair inhibitor crap. Our egos are ruining the watershed and in 2013 its time we start taking personal responsibility for our choices.

JoHose,

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you have a good system going for you…

Happy New Year to you and keep this thread updated.

Hi all!!!
Moved onto Jergens hair minimising moisturiser as the Nair version WAS a little too strong and after months of epilating and using the Nair product I was getting a few red spots that lasted a day after epilating. Now using the Jergens product (still niffs (smells) a bit) BUT! The results are more than satisfactory, it really takes 2 weeks for there to be enough growth for me to use the epilator of MY CHOICE (I am NOT PROMOTING ANY DEVICE FOR REWARD!) And the smooth results are fantastic. I personally have not had one ingrown or problem hair on my legs, I still accept that electrolysis it the true method of permanent hair removal but I simply love my semi “permanent” method, it lasts way longer than shaving and when I do have to “wand over” my legs the sensation is one of tickling my legs, rather than the initial (Many months ago) plucking. The smoothness seems to be getting even better over the months. And regrowth is getting finer as I use the hair minimising moisturiser, and to Danika, I DO NOT SHOWER MY PRODUCT INTO YOUR WATER SUPPLY! I use a product that states that it is not tested on animals nor humans and that all the ingredients are totally natural to the environment!

Wait for my next post, good or bad, I will tell you the truth about MY PERSONAL use of my epilator on my MALE legs…

Till next time…

JoHose xxx

Forgot to mention, chest hair is a no-no for me with the epilator, tried for many weeks and the results are back to the razor (sob) Also PLEASE for your own health, leave the pubic region an area for Mr Gillette only!!! (and or a professional electrologist!!!)

I was going to say that after you get off the retardant cream and stop using the rotary epilator, which by the way I’m sure is EXTREMELY painful on the male body… What next? But the question is answered it’s a semi-permanent method.

I always thought those things were dangerous, you can have hairs that can grow full length underneath your skin. Not to mention the scar tissue that forms from the hair being ripped out of the follicle.

Glad you found something that fits your lifestyle!

Danika the water that goes into the drain goes through a filtration process that removes everything and then is dumped back into the water supply. No traces of anything toxic are left in the water after its treated.

As a response to the part where our skin drinks it, the FDA was established for a reason. Those people who allow products that go onto the market are smart than me or even you :slight_smile:

Eeeek! only three days and I have experienced a sudden hair growth cycle on my legs, lots of wispy hairs have sprouted on my lower legs, well when I say lots, it is about 6 per square cm, but as I have never been really hairy it seems a lot to me, washed my legs and got out the device of my choosing, they all whisked away, with virtually no sensation at all and I am all smooth again. :slight_smile: I also got out my magnifying glass and inspected the results once shaken/brushed of my personal electronic product for hair removal of choice, and found most if not all had the roots at the base of the hairs removed, so my personal conclusion is that these new finer hairs that grew are truly easier to “pluck” after months of hair retardant creams once their growth cycle kicks in. (I still wish I had the money to do this job permanently!) but till then I will epilate and moisturise… Till next time…

JoHose. (trying to stay hair free 24/7)

Another 4 days and some, 7 or 8 hairs that were broken the last time have sprouted again, these ARE much thicker or “original” hairs and when I used my weapon of choice, nothing removed, this got me thinking, the last time I had thick 1.2 to 2mm hairs, I had just bought my new toy, it was new and clean.
Isopropile alcohol and a toothbrush cleans the rotary head and tweezers, soap and water used on my slightly hairy legs = no skin wax/grease to prevent grip between epilator and sprouting hairs! WOO HOO!!! It works!!! Smooth legs again and no 2mm sprouters on my legs that refuse to budge! Legs are still getting smoother, with no sign of any ingrowns, and if I do get any I will tell you!!! Just going off now to Jergens moisturise the results.

Stay hair free, with whatever method you prefer.

Hugzzz

JoHose

re:

“Eeeek! only three days and I have experienced a sudden hair growth cycle on my legs, lots of wispy hairs have sprouted on my lower legs, well when I say lots, it is about 6 per square cm, but as I have never been really hairy it seems a lot to me, washed my legs and got out the device of my choosing, they all whisked away, with virtually no sensation at all and I am all smooth again. :slight_smile: I also got out my magnifying glass and inspected the results once shaken/brushed of my personal electronic product for hair removal of choice, and found most if not all had the roots at the base of the hairs removed, so my personal conclusion is that these new finer hairs that grew are truly easier to “pluck” after months of hair retardant creams once their growth cycle kicks in. (I still wish I had the money to do this job permanently!) but till then I will epilate and moisturise… Till next time…”

JoHose, Have you ever considered a home IPL machine, like Silk’n Sensepil, for flash/pulse light epilating? (or removal, not sure what desciption of what this thing would be, lol) If you’re the right skin tone and your hair is dark, it’s pretty awesome for hair management.

JoHose seems to be aiming for a permanent reduction. Those IPL machines only offer temporary results, contrary to what they claim.

I mean in the interim, in lieu of or in addition to the rotary epilator. He’s not getting perm just yet if i understand correctly.

edited to say: although, i guess if someone’s saving up for electrolysis, it makes no sense to buy an expensive temporary machine. Esp. b/c the machine does take about 12+ months for the results to be best, aka, getting to the point where you only use the machine once every 3 months. so, nix the question! :smiley:

Hi all,
Well it is almost March of this wonderfull 2013 year!

Latest update for a tranny keeping his legs hair free.

I keep finding new hairs I had never noticed sprouting here and there, but I am sure I got them many months ago (at some time)with the rotary device of my choice.

Honestly the hair regrowth is constant if sparce between treatments, I never expected total hair loss as I know I will never kill the hair follicles just by plucking using my epilator of choice.
So far I have not had any ingrown hairs, I now need to only use it every 3 weeks, and for a man I am personaly amazed! Maybe the hair retardant moisturiser is helping more than I expected, but my legs are so much smoother for so much longer! I am now thinking that for the few persistent tree roots that pop out every three weeks, only to be plucked when they do, I should save to get them properly electicuted, the total count of persistent hairs is about 300 over both legs, the rest of what used to grow is either so thin I do not see them or they realy have stopped growing, maybe another 6 months of rotary epilation together with hair retardent moisturiser will give me the answer, but so far I LOVE the results of my method.
It works for me and this is just a journal covering my personal journey of hair removal, NOT an endorsment of any device available for removal of hair.

I will update my results, good or bad, as they happen.

Stay hair free by what ever method works for YOU!

This is just my personal journal of hair removal.
(groin chest and armpits are still “Mr” Gillett’s domain)

Regards to all!

JoHose.

Quick update,

Still using the electrical weapon of choice, Still no ingrowns for the moment and it has been over 8 months when I started using this device, VERY hair free on my legs, still loveing my device of choice, seriously, IT WORKS!

For me anyway!

So that is over 8 months and my device of choice is still keeping my legs smoother than a razor. One day electrolisis… till then 8+ months of smooth legs with my choice of device, roll on the options available, I love mine!!!

Stay hair free and hugzzz to all!!!

Last update was over two months ago

Still using the rotary epilator ov choice.

Need to wash the head tweesers more often now (but just run the rotating heads over a bar of soap for a few seconds, then rinse under running water) Legs are as smooth as I could ever wish, with less regrowth than ever before, hair minimizing cream seems to be working!

Hugzzz,

JoHose xxxx

Well it is almost a year now, still using my device of choice, legs almost completely hair free, and still loving the results of my epilator of choice… !!!

Still zero in grown hairs and any that pluck up above 0.5mm get whisked away on the first swipe.

Still say it takes dedication to use my method of choice … BUT it WORKS for me <big smiley>

I’m using the Philip’s Satin Perfect for chest and everywhere below waist. It seems to work well but I’ve never tried any of the other ones that have been posted. See a lot about the Men’s Braun and then Emoji… Has anyone ever used the Philip’s that I’m using that make a comparison post?

It is rechargeable and works with cord. Has a nice light on it and does not really beat up my skin. Seems to grab really small hairs but if there’s something better I’d be intrigued.

Still love my rotary epilator!!!

It has been ages since my last post, all I can say is that my legs are still smooth and I only have to use “my machine” of choice every 4 weeks,

Hugzzz

To all…

JoHose xxx

JoHose nice to see a man who loves his epilator, keep it up! take care :slight_smile: