Which to buy

Rosehip oil sounds amazing, I’ll definitely look into that.

The main reason I’ve shyed away from waxing so far is the mess. I’ll take a look at the waxing threads here and see.

It is! I have given it to my sister to fade her acne scars. Used it myself for a surgery scar and some hyperpigmentation on my chest from an electrolysis test patch.

Once you get the hang of it, it’s not messy at all. The only thing that gets messy is the spatula and strips. You shouldn’t be dropping any here and there if you are careful and should not get much residue on your skin.

I switched from epilating to professional standard home waxing. Then to Laser when I had the money. When I had the time, I waxed my sister’s legs once and she said I was better than what she has done at the salon!

I would start with a water dispersible warm wax then. It’s not so effective on shorter hairs but if you make a mess, water and baby oil will easily clean it up.

You just need to get the heater to heat it to the right consistency and away you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styfWM1pIzc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUnJ3wRK40o

I guess some words of warning though. Don’t burn yourself with wax that’s too hot. Don’t do anything unhygienic. Don’t try to keep doing the same area again and again if you don’t get it right first time - try another day.

Personally, I started shaving my pubic area and legs about 2 years ago becuase I just disliked hair. I was doing some outside landscaping, it was hot and dirty and in the shower off it came on the legs. In the other area I just like skin on skin. I use the Braun Epil 7 everywhere, and to be honest it’s not painful and it gives a great shave

Hi.
it was my first experence in using epilator,it hurts a lot.
Thanks for good information,i learned lots of things here.
Im from Iran and here gov blocks many web sites ,i could not even find a web for unwanted hair in my language,all was blocked!!
Im a male but just want to say that in Iran people (especially women)pay alot on Laser and …even more than Europe and USA but im so broke now and cant do it right now.
Want to buy a new epilator,the brands which are available here are Philips and Braun but i wish i could find one which works better than this old one(4years old Braun).

So the Iranian governement doesn’t block HairTell. How magnanimous of them.

How are the other epilators different than your four year old epilator? Do you get ingrowns? What is the condition of your skin after four years of epilating?

Hi.Yes thats very nice of them to let me visit this web site!!lol.
I did it on a small part of my body,the red dots are always show up and that is common but the pain will be get better as you continue doing it.ingrowns most appear on body especially legs and stomatch but in area like neck it appers less.
I decide to epilate more parts as i heard about new epilators.
Could you please help me to find a good one?
The brands which are available here are Philips and Braun.
Thanks.

Well, before I buy something I start with consumer-based reviews like this one.

http://www.epilator-review.com/

I check out other sites and see if I can detect patterns where several sources seem to like one or two particular brands.

Good luck with yours search!

Thanks alot for helping.
The link was very useful!

I have to add my tuppence worth, the new Braun epilator (2012 model) with face and “other bits” hair removal screens, it is great on my MALE legs with just the standard head that comes with it, anyone saying it is painful is a wuss, works great for me and my legs are smooth for 2 weeks. Used to shave them for the last 15 years, wanted a change and the latest Braun 2*** series works for me, dunno the model number but it is about £90 in Argos and works a treat with no pain at all. Tried an old model from about 10 years ago and it was a Dinosaur, chomping bits out of my legs all the time, new one, nothing, just hair removal at the root, quickly and pain free, sure there is a pinch but nothing in comparison to the old epilator, going to move onto chest hair soon…

forgot to mention, I have had zero ingrown hairs since I bought and used this particular epilator, I joined the forum at the beginning of August but waited to check my results after reading other members posts.

Regards to all,

Just a guy that hates body hair,

JoHose.

[color:#990000]Maybe I should keep quiet in that I don’t use rotary epilators anymore, but I feel i have a duty to say something.

I used rotary epilators for about, what, a year? Year and a half? I have three still, in a box somewhere. Braun and Emjoi.

The ingrowns don’t appear immediately, they get worse over months. You’ll also notice regrowth looks more disarray. The more you use rotary epilators, the more the hair grows out without it’s natural ‘grain’ direction. So, you’re basically stuck with hair that won’t be too aesthetic if you ever decide to let it grow out for whatever reason. I think i used to call it ‘Sasquatch Hair’.

I don’t know why. And, I’ve given it alot of thought, but waxing is just way better on your follicles. I asked the pro waxer that used to wax my back, she didn’t know either, but agreed. I think it has to do with the angle of pull. Epilators essentially pull at sharp right angles at fast speeds.

Anyway, for everybody here, take it from me, a person that messed with those for awhile, learn to wax. Try not to use rotary epilators. Read my old threads on them. I really did a lot to make them work out, but they never did.

To this day I can spot a woman that rotary epilates her legs. I recognize the skin appearance right off the bat.
[/color]

Well it is well into October now and the Braun Silk-épile 7 still has not produced any in-grown hairs on my legs, chest, butt-crack, etc, I love it! Maybe my hair growth is different from some… but the results I am having are simply fantastic, only have to use it once a week now and I am silky smooth for the next week! Also the few hairs that do decide to re-grow ARE smoother and finer than the tree trunks I used to shave off my legs, so much better than shaving every morning! This new 47 tweezer epilator is the best I have EVER found! It may cost £90 to £120 but it is going to make Gillette quake in it’s boots! One one off payment for a product that really does what it says (inc 0.5mm hairs!) is worth every penny in my humble opinion, I always hated the high price of premium razors and waxing products, Braun have invented a true winner in my experience of hair removal. Been doing it for 30 years and for me, this is the best ever! (never had the money for electrolysis and if I did I WOULD use it, but I can’t afford it) This new Braun Silk-épil 7 is the best next alternative in my personal opinion! Love it!

Forgot to mention. Mantaray, can you tell a guy that has rotary epilated? <big grin>

probably given time!
I encountered same problems after using for quite a few months massive ingrown problem i could understand this happening if the hair was curly but it was straight also the hair texture changed and became more coarse when left to grow out naturally hair stands out at 90 degree angles from the skin think cactus ! instead of lying flat against it

I used a BRAUN glad you seem to be getting good results

do not follow the link to the old epilator site from a few posts ago! It is over 2 years old and the new technology, now, is like 10 years improved on those old skin munching machines! I know! I used them in the past, but the new ones are SO MUCH BETTER!!! Maybe there should be a new Thread for 2012 devices… I love mine, now it really works!

Well it is well into November and my Silk Épile from braun with it’s 47 tweezers (or so) are still giving me a sterling on my legs, not one in grown so far, and no indications that I may get one, This bit of kit is truly working for me! I only need to use it now once a week! Brilliant!
I so love new tech, especially when it really works! My legs are truly smooth and I have now ventured onto chest and pubis regions. I must point out I am not a hairy bear to start with but the Braun has removed so many irritant hairs that I used to shave daily, that I feel I have to say it is the greatest invention this side of 2011!!! A week of not needing to shave, and then only a few recurring hair tips that are quickly plucked and I am smooth again! Love the feeling!! Don’t knock it till you have tried it, good luck to all you friends!!!

Originally Posted By: JoHose

Forgot to mention. Mantaray, can you tell a guy that has rotary epilated? <big grin>

Okay, if you want me back in this discussion, I have no problem with that.

You state not to look at old posts because the technology is so advanced now. That’s incorrect. It’s the same exact technology: A spinning barrel that opens and closes little mechanical tweezers. What’s so different about the Braun Silk Epil 7 that you seem to push it on others here? Nothing. Same technology, so maybe the head pivots and it’s wet/dry, big deal, -oh they put a flashlight on it, doesn’t matter. You’re still ripping out hairs, breaking shafts, and damaging follicles. It’s all the same.

Okay, you have been questioned as advertising before, and yes, I do think there’s winds of that. And with that, you responded to a very respected member in a vulgar manner who pointed that out. But, no matter how you respond, I, too, call your bluff. No, none, hair removal method is completely devoid of ingrowns. None. Period. So, with you making all these claims repeatedly, pretty much going against all science, you come off as detached from reality and unrealistic.

See that little banner under my name on the left that says “Hair Facts”? That means I appreciate facts, because there are enough people on the net spreading lies and trying to push off little $75 dollar devices as the “Great New Thing”. Doesn’t work. People on this forum are too smart for that. I’m gonna stand up for the truth: Rotary epilators have not greatly changed, people who use them will get ingrowns and damaged follicles, and the time one spends in their bathroom going over areas repeatedly to yank out little broken shafts would be better spent just shaving and keeping their skin healthy.

Now, you claim to have such “sterling” legs after using this. Well, there’s about 4 Billion women on earth, most shaving their legs about twice a week, so why isn’t Braun swimming in money? Why is this such a secret that’s only revealed to us? Seems maybe Braun just doesn’t want to be bothered with selling 4 Billion units? Maybe it’s because people try this little Braun device, and see it really just doesn’t work well, that they really just lead to ingrowns and funny looking hair and skin after a few months.

Maybe every single last person that has thrown these things in the trash over the years was totally incorrect.

Hardly likely.

The summary is that the Braun Silk Epil 7 is no different than the Braun Silk Epil, which is no different than the Braun Satin Touch, which was hardly better than the Lady Remington, that was just another version of the Mepro Epilady.

It’s a variation on a theme. Repackaged, with new gullible consumers buying it. They get thrown in the garage box that also has their [color:#CC0000]“Set It, And Forget It!” Ronco Showtime chicken cooker.
[/color]
Now, can I recognize a guy that has rotary epilated? No. They all wear pants to hide the damage.

OK Manta,

Mid November, still using “the product of my choice”, re-growth is thinner, and way less irritating the more I use “the product of my choice” My other half uses it too and she loves it as much as I do, I have several friends now using it, all condoning same said product, so before you try to flame me, try using it, it works for me, my girlfriend and others I personally know.

It has been months since I got it and the results are getting better and better, sorry if my personal experience of using this “product” burst your bubble and you have to have a rant, I would rather leave this forum forever than make you upset, but I want to just tell others of my personal experience of using “my product”, in all, for ME, (and others I know) IT JUST WORKS!!!

NUFF SAID…OK?

and not one ingrown hair on either of my legs!!!

Maybe my legs were never meant to be hairy???

Or maybe a 486 processor is still better than an Ivybridge processor???

Technology moves on mate! at an alarming speed! Keep up with it or lose out!!!