What can you do to get better/quicker results?

Oh I see. Around how much milimeters is the ideal hair length for you?

The maximum length that hairs can reach. The goal is not only achieving high speed of work, but to achieve maximum hairs present to reduce clearances as much as possible.

By the way, this will only work if the electrologist can actually kill telogen hair. Like Josefa does.

Most electrologists will tell you to let the hair grow out as long as possible and they will seem to effectively remove every single one. But 3 months later you realize, only the anagen died, which is about 20%-30% at best during any given time. If you add insertion mistakes or wrong settings/needle, the percentage of effectiveness decreases even further.

That’s why you won’t see much of a change in hair growth during the first few clearances with “an anagen only electrologist.”

Which makes me wonder, if you’re planning to do bodywork with such an electrologist, wouldn’t you be better off letting all the hair grow out, then waxing the hair and getting a full clearance about, lets say, 8 weeks later? Like you’d do for laser?

While not all hair will be present a large percent should be in anagen and therefore the effectiveness ought to be better.

PS. Another I noticed about electrologists who kill only anagen hairs, they generally have a better kill rate with a non-insulated needle coupled with higher settings. Maybe their insertion is too deep then?

You have the wrong idea here.

The reason one sees what looks like a 20 to 30 percent drop 3 months later is the growth phases, and the fact that regardless if you are clearing anagens alone, or anagens and telogens both, the next phase of growth from follicles that have never been treated will be coming to life, and the only reduction that will be noticeable at that time will be the lack of the hairs that would have been in shedding phase. The only way to see the effectiveness of any ONE treatment, is to take a before picture, an after picture, and then WAIT A YEAR and take another after picture to show what is growing 365 days later, on the same day as that treatment was done.

Of course, you are correct in that some people are inserting too deep, but in my experience, the avearge practitioner is more likely to error on the side of a shallow insertion, not one so deep, that the treatment energy is into the fatty layer.

Ah ok good to know. I hate to keep asking the same thing and sorry but how short is too short to be treated? lol.

Btw Josefa just lettin you know I sent you an email few days ago did you receive it? thank you.

James, I completely understand and I’m glad I knew about this through Hairtell before I started my own treatment. It helped me judge properly the effectiveness.

There is nothing wrong with having a 20-30% kill rate but there is no denying that a rare few practitioners can do 70%-90% in one pass, so it’s only natural for us to speculate on why.

1 Like