Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II

Pain with laser depends on how coarse the hair is. So bikini and underarms hurt most. However, I never found the need to use a numbing cream. I just didn’t think I needed it considering the treatments were barely 10 minutes long.

Upper lip is generally a sensitive area when it comes to electrolysis for most people. That hurt the most. However, I also didn’t find a numbing cream necessary there since that area can’t be treated for longer than 15 mins. Eyebrows barely hurt. With electrolysis, certain areas where the skin is sensitive and thin hurts most like toes, inner thighs, and sides of stomach.

But like I said, I didn’t find the need to use a numbing cream for any of those treatments and I got a lot of areas done.

Hi,

your diary is the most helpful advice on the internet, and i’ve spent ages looking, so thanks!
i just want to get rid of some hairs on my breasts. i have pale skin and red hair, but they are pretty coarse and dark. i have been plucking them up til now, but want rid permanently. i’m leaning towards electrolysis rather than laser or IPL since it seems a safer bet it will actually be permanent, and it’s a small area. But since they are quite coarse and dark, what do you think? Also, for how long after a session is your skin affected? and is it ok to shave in between treatments, i know u can’t pluck, but i don’t want to have hairs growing back in between.
Thanks! oh, and was it more painful on the breast area?

Electrolysis is awesome for hairs around the areola’s. This is area is actually not that hard to treat. The nipple area can be cleared of all present, offending hairs in one session and then maintained for the next several months with shorter visits. It hardly takes any effort on the electrologist’s part or the clients and is not particulary painful for most, but pain is subjective. I like to clear with microflash and maintain with blend, but there are many avenues to success. If you find a good electrologist, with good equipment, you will be most pleased and will probably hit yourself for not starting this a long time ago.

Laser may or may not work for every hair that bothers you, but most likely, you will get partial results and then need electrolysis to finish this task anyway, so why not go for the sure bet?

Trust me, electrolysis is awesome for many areas, but this area, especially so. Electrolysis can handle any size hair, any color of hair on any color of skin. The trick is to find a skilled electrologist with good equipment and a hygenic office. They are out there. Get those consultations and check her or him out.

Dee

When you say dark is the colour red, brown or black?

Laser has very little success on red pgimented hair, brown it has more success and black is the ideal colour.

Regards,
Benji

For such a small area with sparse hairs (compared to the entire area covered in dense hair), electrolysis is best. This is what I did on this area and I had a similar situation.

Given a good electrologist and proper aftercare, the skin looks as if nothing happened most of the time.

You can shave in between, but you shouldn’t need to as you’re supposed to go in for treatment to clear the area every time new hairs pop up. Hairs need to be treated when they’re still young and weak in anagen phase, which is normally within 3-4 weeks after they come out. The sooner the better.

So La Girl, how are your legs now? Is there any hair growing back?

My lower legs look good. The pepperspots are gone right now and I have about 15-20% of what I used to have before I started treatments. This is after 3 leg treatments at very long intervals. I don’t have to shave as often right now and there is almost no shadow and dots that I used to get on my very pale legs. So I’m happy with the results right now and am not planning to get any more treatments for now.

I am, however, going back in for a few more hours of electrolysis on the remaining sparse hairs on the bikini area. I kind of want all of them gone even though there are only a few left. We’re going to try blend next time as it seems some hairs are not being affected by microflash there (even though they slide out easily after being zapped).

There seems to have been some confusion on what areas I have treated with either laser or electrolysis and for how long, so I’m including a timeline below:

Laser on underarms only, 1 treatment
Laser on underarms and basic bikini and stomach together starting with underarm treatment #2 when I saw how well it was working
Stopped stomach after 4 laser treatments because I felt the hair was too fine (got about 40% reduction there) and started electrolysis there
Finished 5 treatments on underarms and 6 on bikini with laser (extended the bikini area after treatment 3)
Added nipple area to electrolysis treatments
Added finishing sparse hairs on underarms to electrolysis treatments (there was about 5% left)
Added upper lip to electrolysis treatments
Added some electrolysis treatments on chestbone area
Finished upper lip in 8-10 ten minute treatments
Finished nipple area
Added eyebrows to electrolysis treatments
Added 3 laser treatments on lower legs
Added bikini area to electrolysis to finish some sparse hairs
Finished eyebrows
Finished stomach
Right now, only doing 20-30 minute treatments on bikini to get sparse hairs every 4 weeks; expecting to finish my treatment package of 2.5 more hours and stop

Hope this helps!

how much have you paid tria?and where have you bought it?i live in azerbaijan and i also want to buy it

I had all treatments done with a professional machine at a clinic.

Lagirl I had laser done on my stomach with some reduction, and now I’m getting electrolysis done on this area , My electrologist has good equipments, she has an Apilus. What type of electrolysis would be effective on this area?

All methods are effective. Thermolysis is faster. Microflash or Picoflash with an Apilus can do it fastest. That’s what I used on this area.

I’m interested to get my legs lasered again,I’m looking for a clinc with GentleLase right now. Can you tell me how long has it been since your last treatment ? and how many treatments so far? Did you have significant reduction? how thick was the hair?

My hair was average coarseness on my lower legs. I got 3 treatments spaced 12-20 weeks apart. I’m very happy with the reduction as that’s all I was going for. I would estimate I got about 60-70% reduction though sometimes it’s hard to tell exactly because I think I have more reduction in some of the hair cycles, i.e. sometimes there is a bit more hair and sometimes there is a lot less. In general, the hair used to be obvious the next day after I shaved. Now I can go a week without shaving and it’s only noticeable very up close. Not much stubble basically because there is so much less hair and it’s finer.

Its amazing how much reduction you’ve had with only 3 treatments .

So around how much have you spent total on laser treatments and electrolysis?
And are you satisfied with it, glad you’ve done it?

I haven’t really added it all up, but the ballpark is around $1500 on laser and $2000 on electrolysis, give or take $3500 total over the course of 2 years or so doing ALL of those different areas outlined above (since I added on areas as I went).

Yes, I’m ecstatic with the results of all the treatments. How could I not be? I don’t even think about hair anymore and I don’t do any waxing or plucking (no shaving underarms or plucking eyebrows or bleaching upper lip or abdomen etc).

lagirl can you give us an update on your stomach area? any hair regrowth after stopping electrolysis? are ypu 100% hair free on that area? can you post pictures? it would be very helpful.

I haven’t touched that area in over 10 months now and I haven’t had any regrowth. I don’t even think about it anymore. I can post a picture, but not sure it would be very helpful without a “before” picture. It’s just a stomach with no hair now :slight_smile:

On your nipple area did they shave it first? or what?