Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II

hi there ive read most of the posts and i have tried to retain all the info i can haha but theres alot from different sources… i want to get electrolysis done for my genital area… you said you got perianal? i read you wrtoe it was the anal area… different from the buttocks correct? how many sessions did that take? i read u did 2-3 sessions is it completely cleared now? cuz i have hair there but not alot …oh and do u have referrals for LA/OC/SD area for electrologist? and how much did yyou spend totally for that area?

oh and how long does each session usually take? i know it varies depending on several factors, but lets say for a moderate amounts of pubic hair, lightskinned (at least that area), dark somewhat coarse hair, how long would u think that would take?

I did not get electrolysis there. This area is great for laser because the hair is coarse. You should find someone with a good laser for your skin type. You will need 6-8 treatments or so for almost complete removal spaced 8-12 weeks apart. Each session takes around 10 minutes. Laser is quick.

Please read the FAQs on this forum for detailed information on how to figure out what you need to get good results.

okk. gotcha. sorry to seem so redundant. ive read ALOTTT including FAQs, some even several times. i dont know if its just me but im not fully registering everythign im readin. sorry please bare wit me.

to my understanding, laser removal is referred to as “permanent reduction” opposed to electrolysis being “permanent removal”. according to everything i have read, those terms seem to be used with parallel meaning, so im kind of baffled as to how they are different (besides the procedures in which each is performed).

it just seems kind of contradicting because on responses and postings ive encountered ‘permanent reduction’ is practically the same as ‘permanent removal’ so why would FDA dissapprove of laser removal to be classified as ‘permanent removal’? am i missing something? =[ this confusion is making it confusing for me to decide which is my better option. i want permanent removal, so would electrolysis be better? cuz lord knows i dont wnat hair growing back in couple of years and repeating this whole process. please help!

i am actually goin to consult with both laser technicians and electrologist, but i would also like to hear from peoples personal story and/or opinions (based on experience!)

thanks thanks thanks soo much!

sorry that was kind of long.

ok i just re read the FAQs and i THINK i got it.

do laser removal until hair is too fine then finish up with electrolysis. right?

any suggestions on any laser tech and electrologist? i believe im type IV skin. im Asian. and i dont burn easily but i dont tan that easily either. im not that dark (well i dont think) so any suggestions??

laser is great, but only works well on dark coarse hair. electrolysis is best for fine hair and also on smaller areas with any type of hair. electrolysis is ALSO good to finish on the other areas after laser gets most of it. I’m guesing you read this in the FAQs where it’s explained.

Can you please start a new thread with your specific areas you want treated, skin type, etc so we can answer there. It’s better to keep this thread with just my story so that others don’t get confused. thanks.

I am a female and asian and I want to do full pubic area (Vagina region) and perianal. according to the scale, i am most likely skin type IV. My hair is dark and coarse. I want complete removal, i’m still researching on all of this for HOURS now… literally… I’m also a college student saving up money for this procedure, so if you guys have any suggestions as to which is more efficient and money saving, please let me know!

im not trying to just pay pocketchange for a horrible job but im also not trying to pay a grip for no results. i want my moneys AND times worth.

any suggestions?

Im from the LA/OC/SD area. i have came across a few suggestions (IE. sabrena smith, mary’s, etc) but are there any more? i want to check out a few places before i committ.

i dont kno where the link to search for electrologist/laser techs in my area is , so sorry for asking but if u can please answer! thanks thanks tahnks! youre helping a bunch!

you can check out my doctor who is in beverly hills, which is where i got this area done (dr babapour). He has an alexandrite laser, GentleLASE. You might be light enough for it, or you might need a diode or a YAG. Your skin type is in between, so you need test spots.

like I said above, for this area, you do NOT need to start with electrolysis. you should start with laser. the people you are naming are electrologists, not laser operators.

check out this forum as well and search for “los angeles”. you will find several threads where we discuss various laser clinics in LA.

http://cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6947

p.s. PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTION IN A NEW THREAD. It will be a lot more helpful to others. Let’s keep this thread with just MY experience please so it’s easier for others to track. Thanks.

Hi!

My name is JamyLovesong.

I left a post about laser hair removal, and dfahey told me you would have something to say to me about laser hair removal. Is this true?

Thanx!

Just a quick update. I went in for my second lower leg treatment with GentleLASE yesterday. I’m kind of trying out the longer spacing to see what happens. My last treatment was on March 7th and this one was on July 17th, so it’s been about 20 weeks. This time we raised the settings to 16 joules at 18mm. The reaction is good so far. Red dots at the follicles. Will update once shedding starts though I tend to have pepperspots on this area.

Just wanted to update the thread. I haven’t had any laser treatments since my second lower leg treatment back in July. I have noticed an interesting phenomenon that certainly follows the conclusions on this forum.

I had a hairfree period for a number of weeks after my treatment. Afterwards, I saw more hair come in, from the next growth phase. However, at this point, I’m back to not having almost any hair grow in after shaving for at least 4-5 days. I believe since I skipped the 12-16 week treatment period due to my vacation, I’m back in the growth phase that I attacked at my first treatment, and there isn’t much there. Just to compare, I used to have to shave daily if I didn’t want stubble.

I am aware that the next phase of growth will come in again in several weeks, so this will change a bit. But this is a great way to tell that it’s working, even after just 2 treatments. I’m planning to go for my third treatment sometime in January when that hair comes in and the tan from my vacation goes away. So far, this experiment of longer spacing has been interesting and enlightening.

Coool,
You experienced the benefits of permanentr hair removal & U R trying to see the long term results, ar just like I did in 1998 with my legs (I would post pictures but Idon’t know how about my results)just like me, in 1998 & thereaftr… that is good & concrete evidence about the technology working and how it works…thank GOD peole care to look deeper…
Ildiko

Thanks. I already have long term results on my bikini and underarms, which have been clear after laser and some electrolysis for almost two years now I think. legs were never a huge concern, so I’m now just testing things out with them at this point by trying various treatment spacing and paying attention to what happens at various intervals. :slight_smile:

Btw, my underarm picture from a while back is on the forum, which you can see by clicking my profile I think. You can upload your picture to www.photobucket.com and post the HTML tag within the post on the forum if you’d like.

Just an update. I finally went in for a third treatment on my lower legs. It’s been about 8 months since my second treatment. I’m being pretty lax because removing hair from my legs is not as important for me, because I want to see how spacing things out longer affects the process, and because the hair was growing in very slowing until now anyway.

My treatment was yesterday, March 11 on GentleLASE again at 16J, 18mm spot size. Will update later as things progress. Right now, the skin has red dots as usual after an effective treatment.

Hi Lagirl. :slight_smile:

How has the aftermath of your last treatment worked out? Still having the good results?

I also wanted to take the time to thank you for sharing your story. It is so hard to find a good informed story from a feminine perspective on the internet and I truly appreciate you sharing with us.

Take Care and Continued success!

It’s been almost 3 weeks since my third treatment on my lower legs. There is no hair growing, but I still have a bunch of pepperspots left. I’m exfoliating and they’re slowly coming out. It usually takes a few more weeks for that.

You must have the willpower of a god for not picking at them!

Haha. Not really. I’m picking though I know that I shouldn’t :slight_smile:

Lagirl,

question… how bad was the pain for you when you had your laser on the bikini area, underarms, perianal area and legs? Which hurt most? Do they suggest putting anything like EMLA on prior to laser like electrolysis. How was the pain to your eyebrows for electrolysis? Less pain than upper lip (though you said you didn’t have much on your upper lip).