Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II

I did electrolysis there. No shaving required. I would recommend electrolysis on that area regardless to avoid inducing more growth in nearby areas. There is usually too little coarse hair on that area to treat with laser.

How noticeable is the treatment on your chestbone? Also, how ‘bad’ was your stomach area to begin with? What was the hair like there? Lastly, and sorry if you’ve mentioned this before as I cannot remember, but did you initially start out doing pay-per-treatment before moving onto packages?

• I never treated chestbone area with laser. The hair was never coarse enough. I did electrolysis there from the start. When I talk about stomach, I’m only talking about area surrounding the belly button starting a couple inches above it and going down.

• I never bought any packages. All my treatments were on a per-treatment paying basis.

LAgirl did they use lower settings on the more sensitive areas like perianal area?? on my last visit the derm lowered the settings once she reached the more sensitive areas.

No. Settings are adjusted according to skin coloring, not sensitivity.

What is the maximum number of overlapping treatments (on different areas) you’ve had? It looks like there’s a lot of overlapping. I’m amazed at how you found the time for them and kept a check on the progress of each area!

I’m not sure I understand your question…

Hi LA girl, first of all bless u for all the posts! I have had multiple laser sessions on my stomach, nipple area and bikini but so far I’ve only seen minimal results on the bikini area - most probably because the hair is a bit finer there. I will now try out electrolysis on the other areas and hopefully see better results.

Ok now for my question… I’m concerned my unsatisfactory results may be due to my pcos symptoms. Do u suffer from any medical reason for your hair?

Thicker I mean!!* where’s my head?!

Thicker hair means BETTER results for a laser treatment. A little counter intuitive, but the coarser and darker the hair, the more heat it can conduct to the surrounding follicle/cells (which are the areas that need to be disrupted to kill the hair).

If all your areas are responding well to laser, but your bikini area isn’t, then something sounds really funky to me.

AS MagicalPrincessKitty said, laser works BEST on COARSE hair. So you should be getting the best results on your bikini line. If you’re not, the problem is the settings, machine, or a combination of both. If treatments are going well, you should be seeing full shedding of all treated hair each time. You don’t mention any details about your treatments, which makes me think you’re not aware of what they use. Once we know more information, we can help you figure out why exactly you’re not getting results and what changes you need to make to do it.

PCOS doesn’t impact treatments. It only matters in the long run, i.e. laser can remove hair that’s currently growing, but it can’t prevent NEW hair from developing due to your condition later in life. So you’ll need touchups once in a while after you’re done with initial treatments.

Please read the FAQs at the link below. All this is explained there.

Also, you shouldn’t be treating nipple area and stomach with laser unless you have very coarse dense hair there. Most women don’t.

Start your own thread when you have a second and can read the FAqs and gather information we need to help you.

sorry my bad… i was typing the previous post up on my phone lol.

I meant: the laser did not work well on the stomach/ nipple area at all even though ive had atleast 10 sittings… I guess due to the finer hair there. From what I’ve read on this forum, it seems that electrolysis is the best option for this, and I’m currently looking into practitioners.

Laser does seem to be working on the bikini area, even though I don’t get full shedding each time. I don’t know what settings she has been using, but I will make it a point to find out now. What would you recommend?

Thanks so much, this place is amazing! Its so good to find a place to share with people going through the same troubles!! My family and all my friends are practically hair-less lol.

Settings depend on your skin type and the specific Yag laser being used. Please provide this information in a new thread you start so we can help more.

You should be asking for a free touchup at 3 weeks after treatment if more than 10% or so hasn’t shed by then. That means that hair was missed.

LAgirl I wanted to ask, because I also have fine hairs but loooads on my stomach, they are black on my somewhat light skin, so will laser work on there? I have been considering bleaching it and it seems most likely but if laser can get rid of it all at once over a few treatments, as electrolysis will take too long, I might want to look into this. The same with my back, the upper is fine like my stomach but as you go down it starts to feel rough and fuzzy, but it’s not thick or anything, there are justa lot of fine hairs which probably get affected by my clothes and make them move from being straight.

No, fine hair won’t get affected. That’s why I got electrolysis done. For laser to work, hair needs to be coarse like your underarm or bikini hair. If you can bleach it and it becomes almost unnoticeable, it’s likely too fine. I u sed to bleach this area, but very happy I did electrolysis on it.

Yea I’m going to bleach it but I have a problem with my lower back, that’s where it starts to get rough to the touch and I’m not sure my electrologist would want to tackle that area as there are alot of hairs, but I’d only want a reduction.

An electrologist can tackle any area. If they’re using thermolysis or flash thermolysis, it removes 5-10 hairs per minute.

Either way, laser won’t do it if it’s not coarse. It doesn’t matter that there are a lot of hairs. Laser only cares whether it’s coarse.

I haven’t been able to find information, but just wanted a comparison to the provider I’m looking at. How much did you pay for LHR on both lower legs per session?

Prices vary between clinics. Plus, you can negotiate. I paid $250 for both lower legs, per treatment, but you can find both cheaper and more expensive options than that. Price should be a secondary factor since it’s often negotiable. Look for laser type, experience, etc first. Plus, you’re in the UK where prices are more expensive anyway. Run a search for London on the forum and read that feedback instead.

LAgirl I have read your thread before but no time to go through it again. Just a couple of questions:

1. You recommend on the forum to have laser done on coarse areas but your stomach had fine hair, what made you go for that?

2. Did you get your legs treated, and if so, was it on the thigh as well?