topical hair inhibitor gel

hi does anyone know what this is?

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=WO2001080816&DISPLAY=STATUS

there is a product called Vaniqa which works for what it claims to do (your link just points to the ingredient), but it is in no way permanent. it’s something you apply twice a day and it makes you shave a bit less often because it slows the hair growth. it will get pretty expensive after a while.

on a personal note, i see you keep looking and looking for some type of a miracle treatment that we haven’t noticed somehow. there isn’t much you will find out there that we haven’t discussed in the past several years. remember, this is what we do every day. if there was something amazing, we would all be using and talking about it. unfortunately, there is currently no miracle treatment. sorry.

what do you think of the product quest pharamatech are working on?

Keep your fingers crossed.

Dee

I wrote to them and they said there product is at least a year from being marketed.

This may be your lucky break, andre. Stay patient until you can try it out, but please share your experience with us,okay?

do you think this will get released earlier in asia, cause they said that KHM company have already registered this as a cosmetic in asia or something???

Yeah, I do. Why don’t you e-mail the company, though.

Hello,

I already emailed them and received the below response last Friday:

Thank you very much for your interest in our hair removal product. Being a publicly traded Company, I restricted in disclosing many information unless accompanied by a news release. I will try to answer your question as much as possible.

1. Our fifty patient clinical trial results are not expected before September 2007.
  2. Based on the mechanism of action of our product, we anticipate the product to be useful of all hair/skin types.
  3. We are hoping this method to remove hair permanently; we need to get the clinical data to further confirm it.
  4. In the current clinical trial we shave the hair before applying the gel.
  5. The market launch date for this product for Canada and Asia will be determined upon completing the current clinical trial. Our strategic partner, Paramount Biosciences will soon be initiating development for US and Europe.
  6. So far we have not noticed any side effects.
  7. Prices are yet to be determined

Once again, I thank you for your interest and wish you all the best.

Regards,
Madi

Madi R. Madiyalakan, Ph.D
Chief Executive Officer
Quest PharmaTech Inc.
9407-20 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
T6N 1E5, Canada
Phone: 780 448 1400. Ext.204
Fax: 780 416 0324
e-mail: madi@questpharmatech.com
web: www.questpharmatech.com

These are forwarding looking statements. Words like “anticipate”,“hoping”, “so far”, “yet to be determined” are clues.

It would be wonderful “if” this product works “as intended”.

I think it is impressive that you received a response. It is something surely to watch.

Dee

They seem like a respectable company but what are the chances of this product turning out to be scam products like kalo,hair no more etc???

There is a chance that it could be a scam. That’s why websites like this exist to help people like you.

I think it is great that you have a questioning mind, but some questions can’t be answered with accuracy or truth. We don’t know about some of the brand new products, but, with that said, we rely on certain scientific principles related to methods that have shown proven permanent results. We can then make assumptions about other products or devices, as to whether they will work or won’t work. The devil is in the details. Specifications or ingredients help us sort through a new product efficacy.

So you can choose to be wise or otherwise. Or you can be the first to dive in and try something new and keep a diary with us here at hairtell about your experience over a year or two.

Dee

Hi all,

I saw a product in the store today here in Belgium called ‘bioxet’, which is known as ‘bioder’ (www.bioder.com)I was looking around the net and found this forum.

This product sounds similar to the WIPO link that was mentioned earlier.

They seem to quote successful clinical trials. Seems interesting… wondering if I should try it.

Done more research and I have to say, it seems pretty suspicious. It’s ‘herbal’ and has been around for quite a few years in Europe. Seems to me if it was effective it’d be widespread…

Most products like this one just produce an effect that changes your perception of the hair, not the hairs themselves. Most have an acidic action that makes sure that you go a longer time without FEELING the hairs, but they don’t actually stop the hairs from growing, nor do they actually slow the hair’s growth.

Question for all Please Help , I been doing some Looking & Found this Forum : ) & Some Interesting Stuff -> What About http://www.prskincare.com/Kalo-Hair-Inhibitor-Spray & DermaNude Advanced Hair Retardant Spray-> http://www.folica.com/DermaNude_Advan_d27.html and Such Products
anyone have any luck W anything like this ???

Kalo: keeps unwanted hair from growing back. LIE.

Dermanude: Of course, no advertisement would be complete without describing electrolysis as painful and expensive. And LASER isn’t!!! Their claims will have to be evaluated by you.

I personally would not waste my money on these products, but I’m secretly wishing that you waste yours. Then, I’m hoping you come back to hairtell and truthfully report your outcome.

Beware of ‘too good to be true’ claims. Temporary methods are for those that are not willing to bare the committment it takes to permanetly remove hair via electrolysis or laser hair reduction. It takes a special personality or mindset to get true permanent hair removal. However, it may take a tougher personality to chase your tail with temporary means only to be back where you started after many years of use, now that I think of it.

Dee

Hi,

I am new to this forum but I have occassionally read the topics.
I can with all assurance tell you within the next year to year and a half excessive hair will be a thing of the past. PERMANENTLY. When I mean permanently I mean gone for good!

Quest pharmatech are not the only one working on this sort of technology and the answer to the long awaited problem is in that realm. Why do I have this assurance? due the fact through all of the things I have tried in all the years I have a test patch with barely any hair regrowth from this new innovation on my chest after one removal and it has been 3 months.

What a tease. Are you a clinical trial subject or is that a secret, too?

I am kind of a trial user I guess. This man near where I live is offering a product similar to what this Pharmatech has. Except he is using it in a salon. I had a test patch with laser and then one patch with his product and laser and it blew laser out of the water. Once all the tests are done for safety he stated he will be working out of the salon with his product.