topical hair inhibitor gel

Okay. Thanks for responding. This sounds so very wonderful. Is all this taking place in the United States?

I checked out Quest Pharmatech product. this is a promising method. basically, if I understand it correctly, this is a topical drug that enters hair folicals and acts as a dye at the laser wavelength, allowing the laser to kill all the folicles.

does this mean it could kill blonde hairs too? Could you explain what it means to “act as a dye at the laser wavelenght”? So would it only be helpful in conjunction with laser?

Well not much information is available. All I could find was in summaries for the clinical trials. Basically this is one of about three companies that are working an a method like this. And yes, thi goal is that it will work in blond hair.

what laser was used both times? were this done on the same areas? what settings? were settings the same? what exact difference did you see? what happened in these 3 months on each patch?

I think so. They claim that they have “evidence to indicate that photodynamic therapy using SL017 [code name of the topical formula] could be a potential simple and rapid method for permanent hair removal…Use of SL017 with a light based hair removal device is likely to overcome some of the limitations (low efficacy on blond, red or white hair) associated with light treatment alone.”

They also claim that it “can work with both laser and broad spectrum light,” perhaps only “a single treatment” is needed, and it can treat all hairs and hair/skin combinations. http://www.questpharmatech.com/sl017.htm

Seems too good to be true, and so did laser at one point, and well laser has proven to be counteractive in my case.

I believe I read somewhere the trials were done using an IPL device. However the specific device was not given in anything I read.

Dear LA girl, both test areas were done on my beard area. (Male very coarse dark black beard. It has now been close to 5 months and yet still no hair growth on the area treated with the product and laser. However the other just laser treated area is now fully grown back to its normal growth. It has been like that for 4 mths now I’d say. As for settings and what not I do not have a clue. I will try and contact the inventor but he seems to be busy as I have emailed him a few times already with no reply.

[color:#6600CC]I’m confused, ironman. Is the test area on your chest or on your beard? In your first post, you said it was on your chest. Now you are saying it is on your beard.[/color]

Sorry for taking so long to reply . I apologize for the mix up but I have been tested several different methods from this inventor and have had various lasers/IPL’s and settings for each. I will detail all so it is better understood. I so far have had tests done on my legs, arms. chest and face. The chest spot I told you about was used with the lightsheer at 20 joules. it was tested Dec 27th/2007. It has been 6 mths and Id say 70 percent of the hair has come back.

My legs were tested with a new formula and it did not work well at all. He claimed that the new ingredients he figured would help it were too much and offset the old ones. Also it was used with an IPL and lightsheer and no difference using either. He claims it does not matter what is used as long as the heat is enough to activate the formula.

The best results I have came from the one he claims shouldn't be the best formula but apparently is. It is much safer and great for your skin as well. He did a   test patch on my beard Dec. 14th 2007. In early March with no regrowth he then did another on my face and on my arms with this particular formula. It has now been close to 7 months and I have only maybe 2 or 3 hairs that came back and the other two test patches on my face and arms have yet to come back so that is going on 3 months.

I also had it tested on other areas with hair still in the follicle and his formula applied. It worked much better then just laser alone. The best part with this if it comes to the market is that it is practicially pain free due to the fact the hair is removed firstly then his formula applied then the laser light. I hoep this sheds light on my experience.

Hair grows in several cycles. So the hair hasn’t “come back”. You’re seeing hair from the other phases of growth, which is normal. The fact that 30% is gone shows that that treatment was effective.

true but opposed to his one formula where only I’d say 2-5 percent came back is much better then 70 lol

any updates?

No, not here, at least. Did you try googling this?

Maybe this was all BS then?

I use bioder n personally think it’s the best hair removel ever! It’s just a cream tht u put on n ur hair starts getting thiner n if u buy the cream one ur hair decreases by 50%, depending the area takes longer… It doesn’t grow back afterwards… It is a very famous product in turkey, n mine came from there… I totally recomend it! It works for me… It is not cheap, but the results pay off! The product comes from turkey n it’s quite hard to find it in other countries… It has been published in the Brazilian newspapers as well… I have been using them for a long time …

Tati, your only two posts are advertising this bioder cream. I think that’s awfully suspicious that you registered just for that.

These people always think that “promotion via social media” means you can just sign up for forums and post promotional messages under the pretense of being a consumer and no one will be able to tell. Haha.

Like that spammer said, this stuff is being advertised in Brazil as a miraculous formula for hair removal. They have their own oh-so-professionally-looking site with links to turkish university “research”.

The research is, obviously, lacking in pictures, explanations and descriptions. This is not my area of expertise, but the way they draw conclusions from flawed experiments is particularly sad.

Hi, its a product called Vaniqa which works for what it claims to do (your link just points to the ingredient), but it is in no way permanent. it’s something you apply twice a day and it makes you shave a bit less often because it slows the hair growth. it will get pretty expensive after a while.