The one that laughs last, laughs the most!

I almost fainted when I looked at this idiot! I actually could not watch the whole thing. 100% NUT JOB!

(To Dee Dee), the thing is that you had a negative experience in a medical office. And, (although you didn’t say this), one should not therefore conclude categorically that this is a bad idea (again, I know you didn’t say this). There are MANY ways to “skin a cat.”

Jossie,

This lady may end up with a scarred chin and then WE will get the negative feedback here on HairTell, saying that electrolysis scars people, when it should be properly noted that the “electrologist” did not perform a low risk procedure, like electrolysis, with superb skill.

What’s going on in France? This man has no shame to put this on YouTube ? I’m embarrassed for him and very sorry for his client.

In the French guy’s video, am I seeing classic signs of over-treatment(as described in Bono’s Treatment Strategy p112 figure 29) “first alert”–epidermis lightning and lifting around the needle? It’s a good educational video for electrolysis students. You wouldn’t intentionally over-treat in a classroom to teach what signs to look for, so this helps. :wink:

Maybe the new name should be: “Centre Electrolyse Marquis de Sade?”

I have sent an email to this “clinic.” THIS email they will never forget. I was in my rare “not very pleasant” mode!

I may not sleep very well tonight. This video was just too painful to watch. Seriously, the guy was a full 45 degrees off on insertions. Plus overtreatment from hell! Then too shallow and then too deep … what the … ?

I’m going to “hit them” with another email in the morning; I will get my nephew Eric to translate it into French (he’s fluent).

I’ve been thinking about this video all evening. It really sickens me. I ate some hummus and feel a little better now. Honestly, this is the kind of stuff that falls back on all of us and we have to keep running fast to explain to the public that it is not electrolysis that causes scarring, it is the inept person doing electrolysis with total disregard.

My medical office experience was very good actually, as I was getting established in my early days, but as my workload increased, so did the amount of money I was paying “the man”. That exceeded what I would normally pay for rent if I were on my own. Re- negotiating was not an option. The big thing, Mike, I could only offer certain hours, so that cut me out of Saturday afternoons, Sundays and any evening past 6 pm. I’m not liking Sunday appointments any more, but occasionally I do this, like I did today for about an hours worth on a special little client. I work most evenings, something I couldn’t do at the doctor’s office and Saturdays after 12 noon is a must. I like the concept of working in a medical office, but I need more freedom and flexibility than what was offered. They are very protective of medical records and safety issues, which I certainly understand!

Anyway, I’m better off being a lone wolf.

OMG, CIA time! I just tortured myself and watched this video again. It’s even worse the third time around. The denting in of skin with each insertions makes me grind my teeth. This place should stick to laser. It looks painful, but the woman being tortured, is not flinching. Is she drugged or numbed?

That is brilliant! An email! Tell Eric to throw in the “S” word, the “D” word, the “F” word while he is at it.

Good suggestion. I downloaded these videos to show in my workshops what you should never do. Thanks for inspiring me, if the director of this center is fairly intelligent (which I doubt), will eliminate them from Youtube on receiving the email from Michael.

Jossie,

This lady may end up with a scarred chin and then WE will get the negative feedback here on HairTell, saying that electrolysis scars people, when it should be properly noted that the “electrologist” did not perform a low risk procedure, like electrolysis, with superb skill.

What’s going on in France? This man has no shame to put this on YouTube ? I’m embarrassed for him and very sorry for his client. [/quote]

I completely agree, but what can we do? as an individual, using the Internet to denounce these practices. Maybe if powerful associations like AEA, BIAE, DVEE, send an email to the French Minister of Education, perhaps this would serve to pressure. If in other countries, it is difficult to find a good electrologist, even a mediocre one, in France, things are much worse. The paradox here is that I have read in some French forums people feel more secure if the Electrolysis is made by a dermatologist… and this is the result.

A very appropriate name for what they do there. SADISM!

I would love to see the email you sent.

I doubt these people are even using any vision equipment.
You think that video was bad, you should see the sequel:

May I just clarify that when we talk here on HairTell about “popping” a hair out, this is NOT what we are talking about.

By the way, the client is not flinching because the system they are using numbs the skin via freezing.
http://www.mediatronic.ch/en/Epilscan.htm

Ha ha, James, yes, a blind man would do better. The best part is this where they say “Les poils détruits s’arrachent sans resistance”. I wonder what they call “SANS resistance”?. Here is all destroyed, except the hair follicle. :frowning:

By the way, the client is not flinching because the system they are using numbs the skin via freezing.

Out of sheer curiosity, do you know why that system isn’t used in the US? Seems like it would be a great thing to be able to numb a client like that.

Dear God in Heaven!

James, where did you find that video … I cannot believe what I was looking at … it’s a total horror story! Yeah Jossie, “sans resistance” … he almost pulled the woman’s face off to get the hair to release.

Guy should be arrested. The video ruined my day.

And that other “thing” from China (?) FREEZING? WWWWWWHAT?

"Centre Electrolyse Marquis de Sade’ - THAT made me laugh hard.

Maybe all of us who have had treatments with idiots just like this can get our yayas out with a group phone call to "de sade "! Or book a years worth of appointments and dont show up !
If only i had a hidden video camera for every creepy , lousy zap session ive experinced ! there are ALOT of de sades out there believe me! At least this guys posts their videos so you can have a look at his ignorance becuz when you are having your face done you really cant see and have little idea what may be going on, especially when numbed !

OH PLEASE PLEASE post your letter Michael. I could really use some more laughs today!

So, it has come to my attention that only doctors are allowed to do electrolysis in France. From what I have seen here, looks like they better loosen that onerous, illogical regulation or all their beautiful women with chin hair are going look like Mrs. Scarface and they may have to rename their country, Italy.

James, are you joking about that freeze stuff from China. Did they use this on the poor women in these video’s? If she was totally numb, then there was no way she could sound the alarm that her skin was being bombed.

the tube you see them aiming at the woman’s skin is the cold tube. all she feels is frost bite.

Oh, indeed, James!

Vive l’électrolyse, mais pas en France !

That latest video is scary. Though treatments from some of the electrologists I’ve tried haven’t been efficient enough, nobody did THAT to my skin, thank God.

I think an organised AEA/BIAE response is required don’t you? Duty of candour/public protection etc. Not to mention protection of electrolysis per se.