Starting Electrolosys in medford

this is called nerve synapse. there is so much going on your nerves get confused so you don’t register the pain. Okay medical people don’t critize my lame explaination. Maybe you can kindly clarify.

Bottom line having two people doesn’t increase sensation it eases it.

okay, just got back from my 5th apt. i went for 1 hour with 1 lady this time. she had me trim my back hair becuase it was getting long enough to make them go slow when they worked on me, so that is why the hair looks much thiner on the parts that there is hair… but here is the picture!!!

5th apt… 1 hour… 1 person

Looking really nice. Just keep as consistent a schedule as you possibly can so that as the next cycle of growth comes around your electrologist(s) can keep on top of it. You are going to like having that hair off your back, down the road. Keep up the good work!

Your going “down”! Your back is clearing nicely and the skin reaction still looks good. Eddy is telling you true, stay consistent and keep on top of any new growth that surfaces in the already treated areas.

Thanks so much for sharing this. Your pictures are great, Tom.

Dee

yeah, im getting pretty excited! here is a possible situation i was curious for your guy’s input on…
at the clinic i go to there are two women, they are sisters and they are willing to work on me at the same time, and i have done that 2 times, and it was pretty cool. i was exciting to get so much done all at once, but it was expensive and i dont have unlimited funds… this last treatment i asked 1 of the ladies (i only had one of them working on me this time) how long she thought it would take if she and her sister both worked on me untill all the hair was fully cleared off… she said that if both her and her sister were working on me at the same time, that it would take probably 3 hours to fully clear the rest of the hair off my back. my question is, would it be a good idea, to pay for the 3 hours of both of them working on me to fully get it cleared, and then just have to keep going in to treat the re-growth? does that make sense?
i would greatly appreciate any experianced input

I like that idea. Getting to that precious first clearance is always the first hurdle, because thereafter you look and feel finished (even though you are not just yet) and any hair that surfaces after all is cleared off will be new hair most likely in the growing stage AND we all know by now that’s prime hair to kill - PERMANENTLY. You just have to stay on top of the situation when hair pops up, but by then, most likely one of the sisters can grab those hairs and keep you cleared.

You really are spending your money wisely when you are aggressive up front. The time between your appointments will eventually space out and be farther apart and the sessions won’t last as long as you get to the end.

You are young and I’ll just bet that you want to enjoy a hair-free back as soon as possible.

How many hours do have into this so far?

Dee

so far i have 7 hours on me… im thinking about doing that full clearance all at once idea.

Will the sisters give you a price break package deal if you proceed to get it all off quickley? It wouldn’t hurt to try to negotiate even though their $50 /hour (or is it $55 per hour)rate is really good. Sort of like when you buy in bulk at Sam’s Club or Cosco, you get a better price.

My electrologist years ago did this for me when I went full throttle on my legs. It worked out great.

Dee

Mine gives a discount if your appointment is longer than an hour. That seems fair–there’s preparation and cleanup time that they can’t and don’t bill for, and that work is reduced if they have a single client for a long stretch compared to a bunch of half-hour appointments.

My suggestion on such a large area is make every insertion a kill… If they work on your back now, two thirds of the hairs will need to be retreated in the future… What the sisters need to do is to target the actively growing hairs… How?

Get your back waxed, and schedule an appointment in 4-6 weeks time… every hair growing through that the sisters can get will be in the active growth phase… then, keep up regular appointments for the next year or so, and voila, in an ideal world, you will be permanently free of hair…

Regards,

David

David has a good idea with the waxing.

If you don’t want to wax, then you can shave 3 days before any treatment and the growing hairs will just pop out at you, while the non-growing hairs will hide just above the surface. Your electrologists will be able to see the difference and treat the ones that matter.

Good thought David.

Dee

Isn’t that routine to shave 3-4 days before treatment? That way they will see mostly growing hairs rather than dormant ones.

I would jump at the chance to have two electrologists work on me at once. That is so rare. Only barrester has been able to arrange that.

That’s a great rate too BTW!

RJC2001

i dont think i will wax, i was waxing for about 3 or 4 months and they told me to never do that again because it can cause more hair growth than i already do, so i dont want to take the risk. i hope they give me a discount if i do decide to have both of them work on me for 3 hours each at a time… that would make me much more motivated to do it. i see them on wednesday and hopefully by then they will have discussed it… ill talk to them about the shaving idea and see what they suggest that is best for them and in their experiance to get just the activly growing hairs… thanks for the input all!

Sorry RJC, I must have missed your question a couple days back.

I prefer shaving. I’m overcome with joy when my clients shave, but waxing is another idea that I would never dismiss, for the body, if it was in the context of starting electrolysis as soon as new growth pops through the skin. I wouldn’t want them to wax of course once I started treatment on an area.

I personally would not like one to wax their face, but rather shave prior to electrolysis.

Dee

You are too far into it to start waxing. Its okay for starters but don’t wax after starting electrolysis this can cause skin pulling and scarring. stick with the shaving, sister treatment-- you aren’t really paying more because you are getting twice as much done and more likely to stay on top of it. They sound like a bargain and efficient workers at that.

In my personal opinion I feel that you have made the correct decision to not wax. Yes there is the possibility that this process (waxing) could encourage more hair growth. Remember, when you wax, you are not only removing the point hairs that you are after, you are also removing all the vellus hairs, et al, during this procedure. In other words your are removing all the hairs that the wax covers. Not a good plan from my point of view. I tell my clients to shave 3 or 4 days before treatments because then I am dessicating the anagen hairs. These are the hairs that must be destroyed. This is what makes the process of electrolysis permanent and successful. The catagen and telogen hairs are a waste of my time and a waste of a clients money. Their turn will come as they become anagen hairs. This occurs through what we call the “growth cycle”. Good electrolysis does not come cheap, having said that, I feel you are getting a good rate. I don’t know the skill of your electrologists but I assume they are good. Stay focused on what you are doing. It will take time to clear your back, indeed. But once it is cleared you won’t have to research any further on hair removal processes for your situation. Keep a positive attitude and follow your own nose. You want your back cleared, so keep with the program. I only speak from experience and sometimes you have to train yourself to tune out and concentrate on your project. If you have skilled and experienced electrologists working on you then you should be in qualified hands. Keep posting your pics if you would like. The experienced electrologists on this board will have a trained eye and will be able to guage your progress. This is a “work in progress” right now for you. Perhaps you will get some professional feedback as to how this project is working out for you, going forward.
Good luck.

just got back from my 6th apt for 1 hour. things are going well id say. they agreed to work on me at the same for 2 hours (4 hours of work total) for the price of 3 1/2 hours for a total of $156
4 hours for $156!!! thats amazing!!! im pretty pumped!!! ill tell you how it goes.

here is a picture of todays 1 hour treatment for (6 hours thus far) 6th appointment - 1 hour

Sounds like you have negotiated as reasonable rate with your electrologists. By chance, what modality is being used on your back ? Straight thermolysis or flash thermolysis?
Looking nice, just remember to do your post-treatment care.

I’m really happy for you, Tom. Paying about $44.50 per hour, in my mind, sounds fair for all involved for such a large area.

What did the sisters advise about pre-shaving?

Dee

I asked them about the shaving, and they told me that they just advise clipping the area because they have already treated the upper shoulder area, and they can already see that the hairs are coming back much slower than normal, and they said that if i shaved the area 3-4 days before, that i risked that the hair that was showing would be shaved and would be growing back so slow that it might not be long enough for them to treat by the time i get there. so they told me to just keep using my clippers on my back every few weeks to keep the hair at the easiest legnth for them to work with.
i told them about what you guys said about shaving to make sure only the anagen hairs were the ones that showed, but she again she said that they might be growing so much slower due to my 9 hours of total work done on me now, and that they might not grow long enough for them to treat…
so yeah

what post op care should i do? i ususally just wash my back and try to use a loofa on the area the next day and every day after… it seems to be working okay. is there something else i should do?

Nanci, i will be back in portland from MArch 25th to April 2nd - Id like to set up some time with you, if you are still interested.