Silkn Reviews !

Hi to all members in here,
I was wondering if anyone could help me? The past 2 weeks I have done a research about “Silkn Laser Hair Removal” and I didnt really found any costumer review (only advertising’s everywhere). I want to find some real tested results, so can anyone help me please, because I really need to use something for this stupid hair…anything would be great. ( I searched the forum but didnt find any match)

What areas are you looking to have defuzzed?

??? what do you mean???

What parts of your body do you want to remove hair from?

ah, well from my chest stomach and back right now…i really want to…

Okay. Next question: what color is your hair? Is it thick hair? Can you submit a picture?

I would not mess around with do-it-yourself at home “lasers”, but would get professional laser treatments. When the professional treatments have done all they can for your situation, you may have reduced the hair enough to please you. If that is not enough, then you will need electrolysis once the hair gets too light and too thin. The other option is the easiest option. You can simply work little by little to accept yourself as you are, knowing that those who love you with all their heart, will not give one little hoot about the hair on your body.

I really think you would be wasting your money on this product. In fact, I’m sure it would disappoint you greatly and you would be back here posting an angry post or a crying, depressive post.

Dee

I see that you know many things about these laser hair removals. your post made me feel so depresed (even if it was maybe 100% true), i see here that someone tried tria but i dont see anyone using silkn, for a year time. how come I dont find even a person tried this thing in the net to truely remove this obsession from my head…and i cant afford professional hair treatments…godddddddddd

Did you see this thread from 2008?

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/52478/1.html

Dee

I have used both the Silk’n and the Tria. I purchased the Tria and used it for 3 months, but then decided to return it before my 90 day money back quarantine ended. I too wanted my chest and stomach hair removed. As well as a few sparse hairs I have on my shoulders (yuck!). I found that the Tria was impractical for this. The spot size was way too small and the battery life was too short. I was always missing spots, even though I thought I was overlapping as they suggest you do. But it is difficult to know when you are missing places because my skin would become so red and swollen, not only from where I had actually zapped, but the surrounding area as well. Which brings me to my biggest dissatisfaction with the Tria……the PAIN! It was absolutely awful! I tried using ice packs, which seems to help most of all, but it was still really bad. Which led me to believe that if I had decided to keep it, that it would just probably lay in the case and be rarely used. Because I cringed at the thought of using it every time.
I have used my Silk’n twice now and so far I LOVE IT! Two weeks after the first initial use I was almost totally smooth. Other than a few hairs (enough to count on both hands). I’m sure this is due to the much larger spot size, the fact that has a power cord so I can use it has long as needed. And most importantly for me, the pain is only a fraction of what I had with the Tria! It may be just me, but the feeling is actually pretty different.
Honestly, I think if you are looking for permanence, your chances will probably be better for the Tria. But it my opinion, neither of them have the strength to make hair vanish forever. But they have the ability to give the same effects you get from professional laser. Such as long periods of time with no hair, and your skin has the appearance that there was never hair there.
So taking all the things I mentioned into consideration, the Silk’n was the more practical choice for me.

Tommy, i just recently decided to purchase the silk’n and i am waiting for its arrival. What areas have you used the silk’n on and how long did it take you to complete each session?

It takes me about 15-20 minutes to do my chest and stomach.

excellent…how have your results been so far? would you recommed using it on your neck if the hair is not course, becuase my chest hair is actually courser then my neck hair

My results have been great so far. I have only had it almost 4 weeks and done 2 sessions. I am wondering if I should have waited a little longer to do my 2 round. Waited until it started to grow back in, but I did it exacltly 2 weeks after the 1st time like the manual suggested.
Are you talking about the back of your neck? Or near you face? I have seriously been considering doing my face because I have very course dark hair, and it is even more noticable now that my chest as smooth. But I am afraid of doing damage to my eyes. Because the light is designed to penetrate thru your skin and damage the hair follicle, which leads me to beleive it could possible reach nerves around my eyes as well. But trust me, it is very tempting. But I wouldnt recommend it.

If you’re looking for a permanent solution and you have dark coarse dense hair on this area, you should really consider professional treatments, especially if you just want a permanent reduction. It’s not going to cost you much more than this machine to get 4 proper treatments. And those should give you permanent reduction. This machine would give you at most removal that will last a few months at most. You might as well wax in my opinion. It’s cheaper. Both Tria and Silk’n don’t have enough power to kill the hair permanently. They’re more than 100 times less powerful than a professional machine - that’s why they’re approved for home use.

I recently purchased a Silkn and I’ve been getting great results so far.
I’ve been testing my left hand and fingers. I shave both hands and only treat the left with the Silkn. It seems to take a week and a half to notice any results. But the regrowth on the left hand is dramatically less than the right which i’m very pleased about.
So we’ll see how it progresses in coming months.

I wish other posters would leave off the depressing “you just need to accept yourself” speeches. We’re here to talk about hair removal, specifically the Silkn system which only 2 of us on this thread so far have actually used, both with positive results.

I’ve learnt to live a rewarding life regardless of my excessive hair problem. But it’s still a problem and if i can find a reasonable solution, i’ll use it and encourage others to as well. So far Silkn has delivered good results.

If you want a permanent solution (and your definition is NOT buy this and use it forever, while buying more of them when the one you have burns out, or breaks) then you want to put your time and money into PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL. The Gold Standard of Permanent Hair Removal is still humble old electrolysis.

Hate to be Dee Dee Downer here, but it will not deliver positive results, as in permanent hair removal, if that is what you are seeking. After you tire of using this, the hair will regrow as before and all that early in the game euphoria will be exstinguished. We always encourage posters to choose a product or process that has delivered observable long term results. Electrolysis has and will always fit that expectation - Silkn’ will not.

By the way, check out several video’s on www.youtube.com about the SilkN’. There is an unending stream of OMG! statements. The OMG! statement I heard is 2.5 months in relation to hair growth returning?? I’m not hearing about what the lased areas look like after one has not used the SilkN’ for one year. I am hearing about “750 shots” and then one has to purchase an $80 replacement bulb to keep the unit going. Quite expensive. Also, hearing that the SIlkN’ is better than the Tria. Uh, oh, a turf war is stewing.

If one is not looking for permanent hair removal and wants to stun hair and replace an $80 bulb after they have done 750 shots, then this is perfect for you.

I have read this board before but never felt the urge to post so I only joined last night.
My excessive hair problem is extremely personal to me as I’m sure it is to many of us who post or read in this forum.
I find your accusation shocking and hurtful.

My understanding of this forum was that it’s a place for anyone, professional or non-professional, to post their experiences of hair-removal procedures.

I am non-professional. My point of view is still a valid one even if it contradicts what you understand to be effective. I have no financial investment in sharing my perspective so I’m more likely to be unbiased in fact.

I have actually used Silkn. Have you?

The original poster of this thread was/is asking to hear from those of us who have personally used the system. I am one of those people. Are you?

I have only recently started using Silkn (about 2 months). My treatments have been sometimes spaced longer than the recommended 2 weeks. But even so the hair has grown back more minimally and finer.

Personally, I’m happy with that result. And the fact it could be done at home, in only a few minutes and with NO pain, is fantastic to me. Can electrolysis or waxing offer the same?

I hope the results are long-lasting and/or permanent. But I’m yet to see that on myself. Even if they aren’t permanent I’m happy to find a method that removes the hair for at least as long as waxing without any of the pain or mess.

But I WILL continue to post my experiences and let the SINCERELY interested people know how it is going.

Sheesh. I just read the homepage guidelines. And you really are way out of line -

"HairTell is about consumer experiences with hair removal, which are often not possible to verify and are not scientific." (from HairTell Homepage)

I was doing just that ,sharing my consumer experience with hair removal, specifically Silkn as the thread states. Where in your posts are you sharing about YOUR consumer experience with Silkn?

HairTell is about CONSUMER experience.

On HairTell you are not supposed to purport yourself as being a “stream of more reliable hair removal information”.

That is the purpose of HairFacts, “verifiable hair removal facts you can go check yourself.” The site creator clearly states this on the hompage under “Why a separate site?”.

And here I see you are a moderator of this site.

This is a worry.

I shall need to keep records of this thread and perhaps others.

And, yes, I have some time on my hands. And, yes, I am offended about a matter of long-standing personal importance to me.