Share feelings here (not questions)

I know how you feel; my mother never understood my insecurity about my body hair and because of it I have taken matters in my own hand a bit late since I was always told that it wasn’t a big deal or something not worth worrying about.I suffered alone for many years, well I have finally had it…

Welcome! You’re not alone, I too am in a relationship and even though I try to hide my hairy problem I know my boyfriend knows and even though he doesn’t mention it I know it bothers him because why wouldn’t it when his lower back is smooth and mine isn’t? I too tell him I wax even though I can’t anymore since I’m starting electrolysis. I will tell you to save a bit of money now, whatever you can, if you can save $5 do it. Good luck!

My body hair has decreased my self-esteem drastically; I believe that I won’t be able to fully enjoy my life until I’m hair free. I don’t think anyone would want to walk down the aisle with someone who isn’t confident in their own skin like I am. Overall, my body and facial hair has imprisoned me in my own body.

Just a couple of comments/observations and "words from an old-timer.’

If you are desperate about this, you might easily fall victim to either worthless "miracle products’ or practitioners that are all to eager to separate you from your money … by promising more than they know they can deliver. Desperation leads to lack of careful planning and believing the impossible.

Furthermore, in my decades of doing hair removal, I have only had a couple men worry about "walking down the aisle.’ Sure they hate being "hair balls’ and it interferes with their life. But in almost every case, a man does not base his "self-worth’ on the opinion of women. Sorry, but we just don’t (mostly)!

Women still have a lot to learn … from men! Research this hair removal subject with no emotion, and be careful and demand real answers. If a man won’t "go down the aisle’ with you … that’s no man you should consider.

Just make arrangements to “get out of prison” … we have all done it; I DID and so did many others. Get to work on it!

Well I said I wasn’t comfortable enough with myself which could keep me from being happy with someone else, that’s what I tried to say when I meant someone wouldn’t want to walk down the aisle with me. You can’t expect someone to love you when you can’t even love yourself.

It’s not easy to “get out of prison” when you’re a 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 year old with low self-esteem; it takes time, lots of time, experience in life, and wisdom to overcome something that is keeping you down; try to tell that to a teenager living in today’s world. It’s easy to tell someone to do something once you have walked down that road, the difficulty is to find the answers yourself and find what works for you.

I am no longer a teenager, I have overcome a lot of this; have I imprisoned myself? Yes I have. Have I conquered my fears? No I have not but I do value myself a whole lot more because I know that a couple of hundreds of hair doesn’t define whom I am.

Talk about feelings. Um . Ok. It’s not going to be pretty.Bad language warning ahead.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuCK.

That’s all I’m allowed to say.

Seana

I got myself a 10x magnifying mirror recently, Omg, I’m seeing so many more unwanted hairs that I didn’t know I had! … Another thing I worry about is being in prison (not that I’d ever be) or paralysed in hospital and people coming to visit me and seen me beard growing, God, I can hear them now, ‘pull the plug, put her down’… Ha!

yes, my problem exactly. My parents don’t understand how insecure i feel about facial hair and just accuse me of simply looking for more problem, saying that I have nothing better to do with my life-worrying over the hair on my face.

Very itchy my hair has always felt, minus the hair on my head. I often wonder if there are other men out there with this same issue. I also hate the looks of it. There is no uniform color to matching the same color on my head. Simple bug bites had me itching for days which led to sores and scars, so you bet I hate it!

My chin was constantly itchy, I could feel every last hair on my face and in recent years, started feeling like sandpaper. Putting on a pair of jeans would pull hairs out, sometimes same with underwear. What a terrible feeling, I wish on no one out there!

my upperlip is a priority to remove.
i was teased a lot when i was little.
i started waxing a few years ago, totally oblivious that it would imprison me into waxing every other two-three weeks, to every other week, to once a few days . till i have to worry about it constantly. i started plucking my eyebrows as well. it seemed harmless at the time but after a few years , they grew noticeably thicker. same story with my parts of my legs, calves. luckily i found out about vaniqa . the situation with my upperlip has been better but i feel like its holding me back from really enjoying my life.
i remember when i never had to worry about my facial hair. i feel like that was the last time i was really happy but now i feel like time is passing & its further in the past .

im consulting an electrologist so that’s something to look forward to.(:
i hope one day ill feel as free as i did 3 years ago. (:

I hate myself.
I have all the reason to hate body hair more than anyone else in the world. More than the females/transgendered people. I have read a lot of stories here on these forums and seen pictures, none of them come close to what I had to live with for a good portion of my life.
I was the first person among my peers at school who developed body hair YEARS before anyone else did. And I kid you not it was no different than the hair on your head. All my hair follicles got activated and turned me into a hairy beast. And living in a third world country was the icing on it all, got pushed around and mocked by the others on a daily basis. As a male. I was the first to develop a beard and it was up to my cheeks. My forehead was hairy too, however… There were a lot of tiny strands of… I don’t know how to define it… fur? hiding alongside it as well. the hair in question was so thin that even I wasn’t able to locate them and they were white and longer than the hair on my scalp. And I had around 5 of them on my forehead.
Once I had to work at a place with very strict rules and since I was growing my beard faster than anyone else in the world, I got fired. I was berated on how elite the place I was working at was and I should act within the rules by shaving every day. the problem was I had a shave on that day but before the end of the day I had a little more than your regular old 5 o’clock shadow.
Fast forward to now, and I am almost hairless on my upper body. My beard line has been reduced by a great margin, but still needs work. The amount of hair I have on my legs are miniscule thanks to the laser treatments I had received, but since each individual hair is around 4 cms in length, it makes my legs look hairier than they actually are, but I can live with that… I have to. Why?
Because every single spot I received electrolysis gave me permanent skin damage. I had to deal with the hairiness, now the focus will shift onto the scarring.
But first I have to wait for my next appointment to get the remaining hair on my torso eliminated. Been waiting for a long time.
That is all. I practically have no life left at this point. All my youth is gone dealing with the excessive hair.

Damn … that’s a sad story Hairy Man …

I really hope your skin will clear and you win the battle with hair removal even more than myself. My problem seems minuscule compared to yours, hairy man. I keep hoping technology will improve so what has happened to you never happens to anyone else. Is awesome you have shared this all with us. People need to be more aware of these situations so whatever bigotry is left will disappear forever!

I firmly believe no one has the right to tell anyone how they should feel within their body. Also no right to make fun of how they want to appear. Only the owner of that body deserves those choices. Even though my spouse is pretty hairy, I respect her wishes to be that way. In the past I gave her an epilator since she wondered what I used for hair removal at that time. She tried it, then was upset with it and put it away in a drawer somewhere since she said it hurt to much. I told her it takes time to get used to it, but she said no more and I respected that.

Well, that same respect came back to me when I started using this Flash N Go. So as they say about getting back what you put out is very true. She respects my wishes to be finally done with facial and body hair for good. So I am positive should I get the money to finish off with Electrolysis she will also accept that. Still, the main point is you have to be comfortable in your own body and whatever it takes to get to that point is well worth it!

Hmm aaa wish I was like my father or brother or close relatives. I’ve become Wolverine in recent years. Not too much hair but it still bothers the hell out of me. I went to clinic for 5th laser session today. I’m trying to get rid off hairs on my upper cheek and belly

1 Like

I’m new to this forum but after found this forum I’m feeling good. It is a very helpful forum for me and those who struggle with hair problems.

1 Like

I really can’t stand the shadow on my face, I’m hoping I can resume electrolysis appointments soon

1 Like

What bothers me most is not having enough money right now to get rid of all the hair. I wish I had started when I was a teenager and then I could have been done by now probably. If I ever have a daughter I hope to have enough money to start her treatments early or at least I would encourage her to start working as soon as possible to get this done.

And it sucks to have new hairs pop out just a few days after my last treatment. I really have made a lot of progress in keeping my face clear, but my chin never lets up. However, it was around this time last year that I started to think to myself that I couldn’t keep going through life plucking 30 minutes every morning, and 3 months later I read this forum and stopped plucking completely. So I told myself this morning that I may have a bunch of hair until this March, but after that I will see the results of treatment and hopefully they’ll be good. It sucks though to have so much growth so near the end.

It can be frustrating that only about a third of your hairs are actively growing at any given time, which means you’re going to see new ones for a while until you have had a chance to treat through the entire cycle. Chin hairs are notoriously coarse, so some may need more than one treatment, but stick with the program and it will all be gone in time! I had way more hair than you did and I have not had electrolysis in over 20 years. Hang in there!

1 Like