Selectif Pro - Applisonix

@dee

No pain? That seems surprising.

How would you describe the sensation? Could you provide a comparison to a senation that I may be able to relate to (like tweezing)?

Was there a difference in the sensation between using level 1 and level 3?

Thanks for sharing your experience again. Does your skin get red and irrated after each treatment?

Hi all again, sorry havnt been checking this as regularly lately…
@korkskrew -no pain… for vast majority of my sessions, i did not get the hair removed after (left to fall out on its own, which sometimes happened, sometimes didn’t)… on the rare occasion i did get the hair removed, it depended on how many times u zapped that particular hair… if u zapped it 3/4 times in a row, it would come out v easily, if it was a stubborn hair and only zapped one - it felt more like a plucking sensation… To answer your other question, the apparatus gets hotter quicker on level 3, as long as the operator is good, u shouldn’t feel much difference to your skin (burning - this should not happen), i believe the hair would come out easier using level 3…

@roma18 - no red skin/irritation… this would only happen if you had a very inexperienced operator who was actually touching your skin and burning you…

Cool! I just learned something important.

I had assumed that the hair was plucked immediately after zapping.

So was there any sensation at all associated with the zapping such as warming?

Was there a little tugging sensation? I’ve alwasy assumed (there I go again) that the operator had to tug on the hair a little during the zapping. It was the basis of my explaination for how ultrasound could possibly work as a means of permanent hair removal.

HI Korkskrew, in most cases i think the operator does pluck after zapping, however i specifically asked for the hair not to be plucked… no i cant really say there is any tugging sensation just by the probe grabbing the hair and then releasing it again…
yes there would be a warming feeling but again i need to reiterate the operator should not touch the skin just the base of the hair…
my results of upper lip (where was waxed after zapping) has worked much better than the rest of the face (just leaving the hairs to fall out), hence why i am now tempted to wax my face after treatments…

Oh,Nelly.

Thanks for the clarification dee.

What are you reacting to dfahey?

The waxing after the treatment.

hi dfahey, can you clarify a little? you dont think the waxing is causing the hair reduction to be more effective??

I already have on pages of posts back. Waxing makes you think that the product is working. Why is waxing suggested when the person doing your treatments needs to see the hair to do a treatment? It has been two years since this thread has been started. Where are the posters like vell, samanthajane, et al, telling us they are permanently free of unwanted hair?

Dee of Ireland, how many sessions have you had so far? Refresh me on what area you are treating. Has anyone NOT had any treatment or any form of hair removal for at least 6 months? How much hair do you have? Are you satisfied?

This site is a mess, but I found this post that I thought was interesting. Only 8 people in the study, but the results were unanimously positive.
http://yourpainlesshairremoval.com/ultrasound-tweezers-for-hair-removal/

Here is another. It looks like the same study, but some of the details are different. It was posted around the same time.

Eight people. No indication that the subjects were being waxed at the time of treatments. Questions were asked at the the end of treatments. Over what span of time was that? When were the subjects surveyed? Six months after treatments ended? 12 months after treatments ended? Did the subjects use anything that pulled the hair out after they finished with the ultrasonic tweezers?

This is a mess and proves NOTHING about the efficacy of ultrasonic tweezers. Any researcher involved with this product should feel shame about the two links you found, korkskrew. Thanks for highlighting the absurd.

You bet’cha. :wink:

I can’t actually find the study itself, just bad reports of the study results. Your criticisms of the reported information are pretty reasonable dfahey.

Out of curiosity, what would be some of the details of a study that would make it meaningful to you? Is the six month point important? Would there be any need to check results after a year?

Just thinking on my own, it would be especially important for something like this to do a double blind study, but I hate doing that to half the participants. I wonder what would be the participant loss rate? I’m guessing it would be pretty high without some pretty enticing compensation. Even then, the control group would likely have a much higher loss rate than the experiment group (if the treatment is effective in any way). How many people would you like to see in each group at the end of the study? I’m thinking 25 or more in each group should produce some pretty compelling statistics (oof! This is sounding expensive!).

Both objective and subjective information is probably useful but the subjective information should be limited to perceptions of discomfort and things that can’t be objectively documented (like hair reduction) with photos and things. What kinds of data would you like to see collected?

What things might I not be thinking of? I’m familiar with the basics of a good scientific study, so I’m most interested in your perspective as a hair removal professional and someone who’s seen plenty of scams come and go.

Hi Korkskrew, ive been in contact with people in applisonix for further clarification of the case study. I can forward you on all the info if you liked. One big thing that came out of it is their clinical studies were undertaken on legs. Also it seems they will be coming out with something new soon (selectif violet)… there a fair bit of info in it so if you interested please forward me on your email address and i will send it on etc… also there some famous Dr (or something - cant exactly remember) - name Sean Lanihan (I think, something like that) will be providing a more composite case study and clinical studies. results in a few months time… take care…

Dee, thanks for posting.
I have sent you a private message.
Talk soon, BB

Hello,

This is my first time posting. I found this forum when I did a search for applisonix. I have recently enquired about laser hair removal on my upper lip and chin area but I was told that I have a mix of a few dark hairs on my lip and the rest blond hairs. Initially the therapist told me I would need to combine laser hair removal for the dark hairs and then applisonix for the blond hairs but then the lady who operates the applisonix machine said the applisonix would treat both the dark and the blond hairs.

The applisonix is far more expensive at £1000 compared to £400 for the laser removal. I was told my hair is too blond to treat with laser removal. The hair on my upper lip really bothers me and also on my chin. It is on my mind constantly and really gets me down. The hairs on my chin feel stiff and brisle like. I am in my late twenties and the hair gets worse as each year passes. I went to my G.P. as I thought I may have PCOS or a thyroid problem but blood tests all retured normal.

I have excessive hair elsewhere on my body too. I have excessive hair on my stomach which has got worse since my recent pregnancy. I dreaded the visits to the midwife as one particular midwife used to scrutinise my stomach and comment on the pink shaving rash I would get from trying to defuzz. It was so embarrasing as I would try to seem puzzled about how this came about. Excess hair is ruining my life. I race in the morning to put on socks before my husband spies my stubbly toes and feet which I have to wax. I can’t bare anyone touching my face for fear that they feel the hair (including my poor husband whom I love dearly but keep at a distant due to excess hair).

I was bullied in school by boys in my class who would tease and laugh saying I had a moustache. I was about 15 or sixteen. I ended up using nair cream(which is for removing hair on legs)on my upper lip. At first I was delighted as my lip was delightfully smooth and I only had to do this occasionally at first but then the cream became less effective and I would have to leave it on longer to work.

I don’t know whether to go ahead with the applisonix as I am worried about making the hair worse than it already is. The therapist said she would treat each individual hair and then pluck it out. I asked her if she could treat it and not pluck it out as I am worried the plucking hairs is not good. In my experience I plucked hairs around my jawline which grew back thicker and courser and more noticable so I try to steer clear of this method. She said she would need to pluck the hairs as she went along so that she would know which hairs were already treated. She said I would need 8 treatments every 6 weeks.

Anybody know if applisonix works well or any horror stories??

Look forward to hearing your views :slight_smile:

That’s what we would all like to know. I wish more users of this product would come forward. We are waiting to hear from people that did the every six weeks deal for 8 times and then waited one year without doing ANYTHING AT ALL. If it works, they should be free of all the bothersome hair that thye originally wanted off.

Personally, I would find a skilled electrologist and be done with this once and for all.

Hey Dfahey,

I don’t really know much about electrolysis or where to get it done in my area. You don’t happen to know any good electrologists in N.Ireland, lol? If I do go ahead with the applisonix (not likely at the moment from what I have read so far) I would be happy to let others know about my experience and results one year on without doing anything. Can’t understand why others haven’t done so already…good or bad experiences.