Selectif Pro - Applisonix

I’m in Dublin, Ireland.

We can’t get this product in the United States yet. Correct? How can anyone try this technology for comparison purposes? This device is out of Rehovot, Israel and they are starting their sales phase. So this it is a little to early to start discussions about efficacy.

http://www.applisonix.com/overview.asp?id=-435802050

How many weeks / months since you commenced treatment? Do they promise permanent hair removal at the salon? I distinctly remember that in the promo video, they didn’t. It is very interesting and thanks for posting back.

dfahey, when you say you cant get this product in america yet what exacetly do you mean? I find it hard to believe that I can have this done in Ireland and it’s not available to you yet. I wouldn’t of thought Ireland would be the best place to try out a new technology, were so small.

It’s only just coming up to a month that i’ve started having it done. The programm i saw that it was advertised on did say it was pernament but i find a lot of places use the word permanent when they shouldn’t. I’m a hair dresser and permanent hair colour is not permanent, it will fade, hense why i need to have an all over colour done every now and then not just get my roots done. I remember when i first starting getting the laser done and i was told it was “permanent” for 2 years, always did find that funny.

But since on the t.v it did say it was fully permanent, i did ask at the salon, and they told me there was a chance it would grow back, i.e hormone changes, if i started to take drugs such as steriods over a long period of time.

I suppose only time will tell really how good this is going to be. For all i know they will grow back and it will be a waste of time and money. I look at this as being a step up from the laser treatment, i had good results from the laser but it was unable to do anything with the lighter hairs that i have. So far i can notice a big difference, a lot of the lighter have have fallen out and as of yet they are still gone. Because each session is only 20 mins long they cant treat all the hairs at once so it will take a while for them to do every single last one, and of course unless i’m wrong about this since i dont know a huge amount about the scientific part of this technology, you would still need to catch the hair in the anagen phase for it to work, and for the hair to be destroyed.

But i’ll keep you all updates on how i get on. I have another treatment booked for next tuesday.

LAgirl… well I don’t know about anyone else but this is the first time I have ever come across this website… hence first time posting.

The machine isn’t FDA approved yet which is why they can’t sell it in the states.

SamanthaJane: Waiting for your update about your latest treatment with ultrasound. Does the treatment hurt?

I know for a fact that it doesn’t hurt, i had a person trying to sell me that show me. But what i don’t know is whether it works or not.

well on their website it says that it’s been submitted for FDA approval! Wonder how long it will take for FDA approval.
here’s a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiFBWZUjCH4

FDA only means that they can market it in the USA, doesn’t mean that it works.

Odi, If it’s being submitted for permanent hair reduction or possibly permanent hair removal it has to work and be safe.
On their website it says “Following treatment, no additional hair appears in the same follicle proving that this is long-term treatment.”

Problem with technology, it takes a very long time to prove to the general public that something does what it should.

EPIL-PRO

I went to the salon today and asked about hair removal. They use epil-pro and I have been scouring the net trying to find information and there really doesn’t seem to be very much (which I guess should tell me something) however there are LOADS of salons offering it… it seems to have been previously dismissed on here in one other post however it sounds like it is a bit like the product in this post so I just wondered if there were any further updates?..

I have already booked an epil-pro appointment for tomorrow and to be honest even if it just does a temporary job on facial hair for my holiday I’m not too bothered but it would be interesting to see whether the ‘sound’ removal option has actually worked for anyone as I might continue with it at a later date… the lady seemed to think I would go back every 6 weeks and it is £15 a session (I am in the UK)…

user reviews much appreciated!

cheers
xoxo

HI Oconnell, do you know have they got the applisonix selectif pro in australia anywhere - i am located in melbourne. i would like to give it a go. Thanks

I haven,t heard of any yet, but it would be interesting to know if there is an application to the TGA for permission to market here.

Mckinley Medical Centre, which is on Police Rd, mulgrave (melbourne) have the applisonix selectif pro… Just thought some people might want to know…

Hi Vell, In your post you said it really is not permanent… how much came back? how many treatments did you initially have? did it reduce any of it permanently? (if so what percentage roughlty?)- would greatly appreciate your help… it has come in in Melbourne but the other side of the city (over an hours drive away and it is very expensive - so just wondering if it is worth it) - think there only one other one in all of australia so far (South australia)…

HI All,
I am living in melbourne - have just tried applisonix selectif pro for the first time this evening… think there only one place in melbourne who actually currently does it - took me a while to track it down… it is ultrasound (not laser)… meant to have 38% hair reduction in first treatment… apparently it takes a few days for the hairs to fall out, so i will keep u all updated… if u want any info check this video out… http://www.applisonix.com/page.aspx?id=331 … it is very common in ireland and i have researched on the net a lot of peoples review which all seem to be positive, so i will let u know… i got one side of my face done only so i can compare with the other side in a few days…

hi samanthajane, how are you getting on with your applisonix sessions? are you leaving the hairs to fall out by themselves or are they plucked at time of treatment? Thanks

No worries, i will… i was actually really surprised that nobody seemed interested in it… I heard about it from ireland… Selectif Pro is getting huge there - a lot of the beauticians have it… i contacted 11 different beautician salons in ireland (explaining i live in australia) asking if they believed it worked… approximately 5 got back to me… 1 salon said to use alkaline wash instead but didnt explain why. when i asked why - did she have clients it did not work for, she just said to use alkaline wash again and did not explain… the other 4 salons could not praise it enough and said it is much better than electrolysis… however 2 of the salons said that you do need to get more treatments than the recommended amount said on the applisonix website…
Now with regard to my treatments, i have had a treatment each week for the last 3 weeks… I am one of the centres first few clients so they are not familar with the ins and out of it all. They are the only place in melbourne to have it (so it is not well know at all in australia). i have since found out that i should not have been getting it done each week, as it should be every 3-4 weeks. Im hoping i didnt waste my money (i.e. it not been in anagen phase etc)… i have had 2 treatments on the left hand side of my face and one treatment on the right… the funny thing i have noticed is that the right side does not seem to have any of the long hairs which i usually have by now (usually i have approx 5/6 long ones on my chin or beside lip etc)… on the left side (which i had more sessions on - i have my usual long ones…)
with the selctif pro, i think you are meant to get waxed and then let the hairs grow back (so they are in anagen phase), but the centre i have been going to have not been removing the hairs etc, until this week they removed (plucked) the long 4/5 on the left hand side of my face, which seemed to come out and have the white bulb/root like structure at the end (i am hoping this is a good sign but do not know)… i have been trying to find out more info on this but nobody seems to know much… generally i am quite a skeptical person (especially after doing electroylsis for 8 years) but becasue i have done so much research and contacted various place in ireland, i feel kind of confident in it (more so than electrolysis)… i have a science background (not that it really helps me figure out what is the best approach but the theory of the ultrasound sounds logical to me, but as i said i dont know really) i guess i will just have to wait and see if it really does work… does anyone know how long generally the hair cycle is for facial hair eg. once it falls out how long does it take to grow again and then fall out again… when is it in anagen phase again? as far as i know, it is gone for FDA approval now in the states… my next appointment is not for another 2 weeks, i decided to extend it a little this time so hopefully a few hairs might have fallen out by then or the 4/5 plucked out might have began to grow again… if anybody else has tried this, i would love to hear ure feedback… facial hair is so frustrating so i wish everybody good luck in their mission…:slight_smile: