Selectif Pro - Applisonix

Dee oz, You mention that you had 8 years of electrolysis, without success. Do you have any hormonal irregularity? Did you have all of yout treatments with the same practitioner? I am really pleased that you are sharing your experience of this new technology, but curious about your experience with electrolysis.

Yes i stuck with the same electologist for most of those 8 years… i changed once for a few months but the new lady left scarring on my chin so i went back to the original electrogist then… however i then changed to a different electrologist in the last 2 months and it was actually her who started talking about ultrasound hair removal… then i looked it up and found the applisonix selectif pro and saw that it was being used a lot in ireland, and then contacted people to find out more (im originally from ireland but living in melbourne)… to answer your other question, i have had blood tests done 3 times, seen a few doctors, deramtologist, endocrinologist and they all say my hormones levels (blood results) are normal and that its probably genetic… i have lots of blonde hairs (probably millions is more accurate) on my face and as i am getting older they are getting worse (longer and mroe plentiful)… but realistically it probably only noticeable in sunlight or when im due for electrolysis (approx every 2-3 weeks)… Also i would probably only have a max of 20 long hairs each 2/3 weeks etc… but as i said do have blonde hairs on sides of my face, chin, upper lip and slowly lately seem to be creeping up my face a little… anyway hope all this info helps… together hopefully we will find something that works for all if we keep sharing our experiences… i have done a lot of research on the selectif pro and am really hoping it will work… i have heard a lot of positive reports and promise to keep everybody updated. i noticed the people on this website (samanthajane and vell) who have tried it didnt keep up to date with their progress on it, i am hoping this is because it worked for them and they just didnt feel the need to go on this website again)… i remember when i found out about spironolactone on acne.org website i also never went back until recently ( 2years after starting it) to say how wonderful it worked - 100% clearance of acne… the only problem with the spironolactone is once i go off it it will probably all start up again… anyway hope this helps someone…

I am familiar with the heavy downiness you describe, and to get perfection here, is one of the most demanding situatins we encounter. There is hardly any regrowth at all with this type of hair, but the numbers involved make clearance take from 1 to 2 hours a a week, for up to a year.Not every electrologist likes treating this hairtype either,it takes more skill than dealing with coarse dark hair, and good lighting and manification are vital. My advise regarding applesonix, would be to proceed cautiously and only have the coarse hairs treated, until you can evaluate the regrowth. Regrowth from downy hairs can take 3 to 4 months,so if you have intensive treatments, it could be many months before awareness of negative effects may become apparent. My doubts regarding this technology are mainly to do with cost. By professional standards, this apparatus doesn’t cost much, requires no skill, so if it really is permanent ,painless hair removal,I doubt that it would be so cheaply available to all and sundry. I have been in this business for over 30 years nd have seen a lot of scams, so am naturally very cynical. Your posts are really valuable, so please keep us updated.

HI O’connell, Thank you for your post. In regard to your comment on negative effects - what negative effects would you be expecting (just so i’m aware)? Thanks

From experience of past scams, my main concern would be worsening of the growth. I am not basing my opinion on any scientific facts,and I truly don,t have a clue how this technology works. However, it is my firm belief that if a painless and unskilled method of hair removal is found,that the company who owns the technology, will not be selling it to someone like, me for a few thousand dollars. They would set up branches on every high street all over the world and have a complete monopoly of the hair removal industry. And why not?

i see what your saying… if anybody has used selectif pro or has heard of anyone using selectif pro - could you please let us know how it worked out… as i said before i contacted a number of beauticians in ireland who have this equipment in their salons and they have all recommended it (except one)saying it is much better than electrolylsis and definelty works… but maybe they feel they have to say that cos they have it in their salons - i dont know… anway if anyone has used it please post your opinion of it…
O’connell, if the salon dont pluck/remove the hair - do you believe ultrasound could make the hair growth get worse? Thanks

Hi IsabelCruz,I see from your post on 10/07/09 that you ahve been using the slectif pro in your salon… where are you based? if you are still using it, you would be using it for quite a while now. Can you please let us know what you think of it - i.e. is it permanent, can it casue mroe regrowth?, does it always work on every client? do you wax/pluck the hair or leave to fall out by itself?, generally how manu sessions - is it more than the recommended amount? do you need maintenance sessions etc? I would really appreciate if you could let us know some of these details - thank you

It may not worsen it at all (best case scenario), but it may not remove hair permanently either. That is why I recomend caution.

You’re saying if it was working then someone would dominate the hair removal market, ill tell you why it’s not the case. This machine is almost as slow as electrolysis, which is why i didn’t buy it when offered. They do claim however to be coming with a faster solution, i assume it will be something that catches more than 1 hair same time but who knows.
Right now, IF it works it’s only good to complement laser machines.

Re: odi, its not near as slow as electrolysis, in a half hour period they manage to do a lot on my face, i seem to get a lot more done through the applisonix than electrolysis…
I didnt want to post anything up yet cos i wanted to see how the left hand side of my face would go first… but all the long hairs on the right hand side of my face have not grown back… they usually would have by now, i hope im not jinking this by writing this - known my luck ill see one poking through in the morning (lol), i have to admit i find it difficult to understand why the right hand side did not grow back (as i have had more treatments on the LHS)… i am by no means saying i do not have hairs on the RHS of my face, i still have millions but the long ones have not grown back… i still have loads so i cant say i agree with the 38% reduction that they state on their website, but to fully explain i have not been doing it the way they recommended either. They recommend that you wax first so the hairs growing back are in anagen phase, i have been reluctant to do this so far, incase it would grow back worse… I have had 3 sessions to date - 2 on the LHS and one on the RHS… in between all these weeks i had 2 electroysis sessions also… last week I had another electrolysis session and when i went to it, i had just the long hairs on the LHS, so now I’m going to wait to see if they grow back… (which normally would take < 2weeks)… my dilemna now is - is it possible that the applisonix is only working on the hairs if they are removed (the ones i am continually getting electrolysis on), the ones at the side of my face which i dont have electrolysis on have not fallen out even though they have also been zapped by the applisonix… do i really need to wax them to get them in to anagen phase so they can be treated effectively with the applisonix?? i wish there were more people on this forum who had used the applisonix… in my last applisonix session they plucked a few hairs out after zapping them (LFS) and i got the other long ones treated with electrolysis, so i am waiting eagerly to see if they grow back… if they dont ill be tempted to wax i think and then treat with the applisonix… anybody know how long does it take for the hair cycle at the sides of your face (downy type hair)… in one of the previous posts someone said 2-3mths, would everybody agree with that? i would appreciate any advice anyone has…

oops I forgot I had posted on here and I have a few messages asking how I’ve gotten so.

Well first of all I started using a different salon after a while, the girl I was using seemed to be going as slow as possible, and although it was working since I’m paying for the time the quicker the better in my book :slight_smile:

The new girl I’m using is brilliant, she does it slightly different to the other girl, she use to treat then remove each hair as she went along. The new place does all of the area and then just waxes it.

And onto the results…oh I’m a very very very happy bunny. After 7 treatments of my lip and chin I am 100% hair free :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Now a few hairs did grow back but i’ve being going back in to have my underarms done and the few hairs ( and I really mean 1 or 2 ) that did grow back she zapped again and so far I’ve had no regrowth at all. Underarms are well on there way to being that way as well. Probably only another 2 maybe 3 treatments are I’ll be done with that as well. Then onto the rest of my body!!!

Weather this will last forever who knows, I myself doubt that it will, but if it means me going in every now and then to have a few hairs zapped to stay this way then I’m fully prepared to do that.

Samanthajane, thank you so much for your update… i was dying to hear how u were getting on with it… i was having some treatments sessions close together but am now going to start spreading it out a little (to give the hairs more time to be in anagen phase etc and to ensure i am not just wasting money on getting hairs that are not in anagen phase)… i have to admit i was a bit worried about them plucking the hairs out/waxing (incase this was a scam product and the hairs would grow back worse)… however i heard from a very reputable beautician that waxing is the way to go so majority of the hairs will be in anagen phase… now that i have heard you are also waxing and getting good results, i think i will do this also… i have only had 3 sessions and already i am seeing results (mind u only on the ones that grow back long every 2/3 weeks (the ones im getting done over and over with electroysis - since they have been done with the applisonix, it seems to have done the trick, the hairs i have never done anything with on side of cheeks - nothing much seems ot be happening with)… for the RHS of my lower face/chin, all long hairs gone, now am waiting to see if the LHS will be the same (please god it will)… if that will be the case, then i think this applisonix is amazing especially since ive only had 3 treatments to date (and all within a v short time span) and also i have not been even doing it correctly (i.e. having the treatments too often and not removing the hairs after the treatment session via waxing/plucking (except last session about 5 of the long chin hairs were plucked out)…
how often are you getting it done? I have noticed through my research it is getting very common in ireland and some other european countries… wonder why it has not caught on in some other countries (like australia, america etc)… a lot of people seem to think this has to be a scm product becasue the machine actually costs so little to purchase (which i have to admit, if i designed this product and it works as well as it seems to be, i would charge a higher sale price - as far as i know it only costs a couple of thousand dollars)… U never know if im hair free in a few months, i might even set up my own little business with applisonix (lol!!), i do reckon that it will really take off though… why do you think it is so cheap? i noticed ont he applisonix website that they have joined with some other company to make another version of it which can be used at home (direct to public) - wonder if that will be any good and when would be ready… obviously if they selling direct to the public (for home use), then it couldnt be that expensive… anyway thank you so much for your updates and please dont forget to keep updating when u get a chance… it was threads like yours that made me research the selectif pro and track down where is doing it and for that i thank you dearly… Good luck in becoming hair free and happier and more confident…

The sales guy explained to me that they pluck the hair after they zap is because this way you know which hair you have left to treat. Waxing after zapping all of them kinda kills that theory.

Another thing, it is relatively cheap machine but it still costs about 20 grand and not a couple of thousand like you said. I would say that the reason is it has high cost of consumables and also it doesn’t try to compete with laser machine, it tries to compete with electrolysis which is a little bit cheaper than laser machines.

re:odi, i was told that it is best to wax to get the hairs back in to anagen phase for the next time (they reckon the hairs in anagen phase when undertaking treatment will already be destroyed), is it possible that you could have dormant hairs that dont go in to anagen phase unless they are waxed/removed and then grow back? can anyone explain the 2 different options odi and i have been told? are they both correct or is waxing incorrect? Thanks

hey dee.

With my lip and chin area she did pluck them but that was because i wanted it to be that way. There’s kind of 2 different ways you can go about it. For me because the hairs were on my face i didn’t really want to wait for all of them to grow and then do the treatments, which is what i think you were told is the best way to go about it. I dont think it’s best in that it will work better, just that you can do the treatment area all at once. With the lip and chin I just got started straight away, i did wax myself and if a few hairs appeared i would pluck them myself so the were growing all over the place. So when she started even though she treated all the possible hairs the follwing week more had regrown that hadn’t been treated before. But it didn’t bother me going into them every week or so getting those hairs done, I’d prefer that to waiting for all the hairs that either didn’t get treated or that wern’t killed by the treatment to regrown to the stage where the whole area could be treated.

None with my underarm I didn’t really care having hairy pits for a few weeks lol ( your from ireland it’s not like we really get much of a summer so i just wore long sleeved tops ) So i went about 4-5 weeks without shaving or anything to have as many hairs as possible available for the treatment. So when my underarms got treated thats why she waxed afterwards instead of plucked the hairs out. Now in the beginning of course there were a good few hairs that hadn’t been treated even after 5 weeks of not shaving so even after getting waxed i still had regrowth the following week. I just waited 3-4 weeks and then got those the area done again. You do quickly notice how much less regrowth you have. But it’s all about getting the hair in the anagen phase, and there’s no way of really knowing when the hair is ( well unless you treat and it doesn’t grow back ) but before hand you dont. I’d love it if they could then wouldn’t have to waste the time/money getting the hairs done that arnt :slight_smile: maybe in a few years they will be able to tell haha

I pay by time so it didn’t cost me more to go back each week and get the hairs done on my face, it was just my time. I suppose if you didn’t have the time then leaving them to grow and getting it done every 4 weeks would be better. It really depends on you to be honest what suits your life style.

I’m going back in next week but this time i’m working on my bikini line, so i’ll be going every 2 weeks ish now one time to finish off my underarms ( really only takes her about 15 mins to do both now cause there’s not a huge amount of hair left ) and then the next fornight to do the bikini area. Once my underarms are fully done i’ll move on to other areas. I’m so tempted to get my legs done haha but that would really cost a fortune :slight_smile:

oh forgot to add there was one part of my body that i didn’t get waxed or plucked and that was the hairs at the very side of my face. Sort of like side burns haha there wasn’t very many of them it was really my hair line but I just wanted them gone. I dont actually know why you dont wax.pluck them i’ll ask her next week when i’m back why the reason is ) she treated them and then said for me to just exfoliate the area. They didn’t all fall out at once but since there were only a few i could tell that some had just fallen out. And the ones that were still there got treated again and so on and so on until there was none left.

The way i see it, the problem with not plucking the hair right away, is that the technician wouldn’t be able to tell if he did the same hair already.
If you said you’re paying by time and they do the same hair twice, you lose money.

After the hair is treated you can clearly see a difference to the untreated hairs, so that wouldn’t really be a problem.

They say it will take between 6-8 treatments and mine took 7. The first place i went to did used to do it that way treat and then pluck each hair, but for the 20 min session she would be lucky to get half the area done. Treating all the hairs and then just plucking them all out afterwards which is the way they did it in the second place I went to, she was able to do the whole area.

How do you see a difference in the treated hair?
The test i saw looks like the hair is normal before and after the zap.

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and am delighted to have found it. The thing is I have been so worried about something that I did 3.5 months ago. I was removing hair from my upper lip using Nair cream - I do this about once every 1-2 months. I stuppidly applied the cream to the sides of my face. I had seen one or two dark hairs but there really wasn’t anything to talk about. I had never done this before and wasn’t thinking at all.It removed all of the hair from the side of my face and spread down and removed hair from my jaw-line. The next few weeks were awful as the hair grew back and was sticking out from the side of my face. Make-up wouldn’t keep it down. I was so embarrassed and upset. As the normal blonde downy hair was growing back I started to notice lots of very fine dark hairs also growing back with a few more coarse dark hairs. I totally freaked out and used bleach. At this point I was a mess. I couldn’t believe what 3 mins of not thinking had done to me. I soon stated to see an electrologist and she started to remove the hairs that she could. I had so many really fine dark hairs that gave me some serious shadowing around my jawline and up to my sideburns. I had some success with electrolysis and the longer hairs have not returned. I went to see three different beauticians and they said that they wouldn’t be able to remove the fine hairs because they couldn’t see them? I defo could and it really upset me. I lost my appetite and was nearly having panic attacks over it. I eventually contacted a beautician who had the Appilsonix and she said that she could help me. I have had two treatments in the last three weeks. It’s way to early to tell if it works. The hair that was treated was also removed with a tweezers so I don’t know if they are just gone because of the tweezing or if they Appilsonix actually works. At this moment in time things look good but think I’ll get very stressed once the hair starts to grow back in.

Please keep updating this site with your progress. I have another session on Thursday. I hope that this treatment is long term. I hate the way my life has become consumed with me constantly monitoring the hairgrowth on my face. My sisters weren’t very sympathetic or supportive which was quite upsetting. They tell me that I’ll have to live with the hair and said that it’s not that noticable. But believe me with no make-up (not allowed at work) and the bright lights of the lab I work in it is visible.