Selectif Pro - Applisonix

Hmmm - sounds strangely like something I used when I was about 16 (that would be 26 years ago!). It was called “Finally Free” - hahahaha… yea… finally free of that money that was burning a hole in my pocket, but certainly not the hair I was trying to permanently remove!

I guess if it is just as effective as tweezer, it would not receive The Frost and Sullivan Award. They claim efficacy to be “similar to top light-based systems”

Some people (like me) cannot use laser, because of skin and hair type and waxing because of side effects. If they will come with possibility treat larger areas, I will be happy, even if the regular treatment is required, as I like the result of the treatment done on my skin.

The price is very high now. You need to change tips every 3500 treated hair, and for set of 5 tips you pay around 150$, but take this numbers just for guidance. Anyway it is probably market skimming and after affecting less price sensitive people, they will discount the price. Of course, under condition it is not a scam, in that way, they will better disappear:)

“Veil”?:))) Funny, I will think about changing my nick:)

To Choice: Nobody is disputing your education and knowledge. I respect your opinion and I am thankful for that, but not in the way, you are giving it.

Thanks for everybody opinions, time will show what they are capable to bring into the hair removal industry…

Vell –

Did they treat each hair individually and pluck it out when you had your treatment?

S-Wave,

They treat each hair individually. I had a mixed sentiment of plucking, some hair went very easily, some not so easily, but it was different then with tweezer. Look at the video:

They say that:

"Ultrasound travels faster in dense materials and slower in compressible materials:

The speed in bone- 3400 m/s
The speed in hair - 1800 m/s
The speed in soft tissue - 1500 m/s
The speed in air - 330 m/s.

The most of the energy stays in the hair shaft and does not travel to the surrounding skin. The transducer’s applicator condenses the US wave into the hair shaft , which propagate along the hair to its root -> The Ultrasound waves absorbed by the hair, causes heating of the hair shaft and bulb to >65ºC -> The heat damages the hair follicle and it´s bulb.
The dead hair falls off. The bulb shrinks down 8-24 hours after the treatment, not immediately, making the plucking phase difficult."

I do not know if this can work. I did not study hair biology or ultrasound technology. And I am wondering; How they want to use it on larger areas??? Probably it is not effective if the transducer does not touch solely hair… Maybe they have no idea too, and just claim it to make selectif more interesting and to gain investment.

Anyway, people can be very innovative, if they can make money on that…

I don’t beleive that they are making any strong claims of permanent removal. They may have to get FDA approval to be sold in the US, so that may be why there are no current plans to market there. Who would not want to market in the US.? I also think that for a proffessional device, it is way too cheap. The original lasers sold here for $250000 and they were pretty ineffective. I truly beleive that when a painfree and troublefree solution to superfluous hair is found, that it will be franchised, and not even available to individuals, even in a commercial capacity. What do other electrologists / laser operaters think ?

Hi I was looking for other’s experience about the system but I see I will probably be the first.
I have had the Selectif Pro system used in my clinic for about 4 months and am very happy with it.
I saw your comments sayng it is like electric tweezers, and Im really do not agree with that. I am not sure how the physics works, but I tried the electric tweezers in the past, and there is not comparison. The electric tweezers do not work and the Selectif does. I have been using the system on clients in different areas with great results. The biggest advantage for me is the option to use on white/grey blond hair and on the face with no pain from my clients, and that is worth a lot :slight_smile:
As I wrote I do not understand the technical effect except for the hair being used as a wave guide for ultrasound as explained on the companies movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_52yyKkB6Y .
I had a few clients that this system really helped and could not stand the pain of electrolysis, so I personaly like it.
Is there anyone else that has the same experience ?

It has been around 3 months since I had my treatment done and I want to point out, it is really not a pernament solution… It is an interesting technology though, and could be really usefull, if it became capable to quickly treat large areas.

Can someone lend me their eyebrow? Allow me to perform electrolysis on the right eyebrow for one year or 12-20 treatments, or for at least as many times that IsabelCruz would be using this scam product (if it is intended to be permanent hair removal) and then we will prove something very important. Next, don’t do anything for at least three months. The Applisonix side will be hairy and the electrolysis side will be considerably hair-free, permanently of all properly treated hairs.

It is cheaper and more private to tweeze. This is a scam tweezing product with a professional looking video on youtube that makes one think they are going to be hair free with little effort, pain or skin reaction.

Hair cannot conduct anything.

I believe this is supposed to be an objective forum. I have been reading through the comments and there seems to be 2 people on here i.e. Choice and dfahey that are too sure of their own selves to be anything but objective.
I have been in the hair removal, laser industry since the 90’s I attend the ASLMS not local laser events and listen to what all the doctors have to say and have personally spoken with Rox Anderson regarding technologies that you probably haven’t even heard of. But despite that I would never be as presumptuous as you two, to so comprehensively write off a technology that you have not seen, used or understand.
It would seem that the one person on here using it actually likes her machine and one the person who has tried it actually had a decent result, because if you do ONE treatment with any other technology and wait 3 months 9 times out of 10 it will grow back again.
Now we come to the technology, you may have done biology, and studied electrolysis and then even lasers Choice, and I am sure you are quite a good practitioner. But have you ever studied Ultrasound and how it works???
dfahey you are right, hairs do not conduct electricity hence electronic tweezers do not work. Ultrasound on the other hand is not using current or ions or any other form of conductivity. Ultrasound in simple terms vibrate the hair follicles at certain frequencies that will create heat down the shaft. Hopefully that will be enough heat to kill the follicle, but again if you know anything about ultrasound this is highly possible.
Now I am simply talking about what is theoretically possible, I am not saying that this machine particularly works as I would have to try it for that. I just don’t like it when people loose sight of the value of a forum like this and no longer make objective comments. particularly in the face of users who seem to like it.
I for one think the technology is quite promising and look forward to giving it a go.

Well, speaking of objectivity, if you “give it a go”, how do we know you will be objective with your observations? We can’t get excited about promising technology and the emotion that goes with that theory stuff. If we saw solid patterns and critical mass where consumers were getting fantastic PERMANENT results based on sound scientific principles of tissue destruction, for any color or structure of hair on any color of skin, then I for one, would be thrilled for the world’s hairy people and then pursue a career change.

We have ONE CENTURY AND A HALF of proof that electrolysis works on any color or structure of hair. Electrolysis works on people with no color and for people of color. Laser has been going strong since 1996 or so and we know what laser can do. Where are all those posters exclaiming in practical terms that Applisonix is fantastic? A testimonial from ONE user does not back up your argument. Can you direct us to any papers that Rox Anderson wrote about this product?

Theories do little to remove hair. Just try it, read up on hair growth cycles and then let us know how much hair you have left one year after you have stopped treatment with the Select Pro. It’s just that simple. Kind of like, “Where’s the beef?”.

Thank you for your post.

Dee

“We can’t get excited about promising technology and the emotion that goes with that theory stuff.”
I cant believe you just said that, without that “theory stuff” you wouldn’t have your one century and a half of electrolysis experience or any lasers to play with either. The fact is you and your friend Choice have been completely disregarding this product based on your own theories that it wont work. Your theory according to what you wrote is the fact that hairs don’t conduct anything. Whilst that is correct as far as any sort of current is concerned it does not apply to ultrasound technology.

You are also misquoting me with Rox Anderson as I said I had personally spoken to him to highlight that I have some credibility in this area, much the same as you and choice sighted your experience.
I am not saying this particular machine is the be all end all, I am simply saying STOP categorically knocking something you haven’t tried based on wrong ideas. The theory is sound unlike electric tweezers. You should listen to those actually using it and see what they have to say!

May I ask a seemingly dumb question?

What would be the benefit of this device over electrolysis if one still has to remove one hair at a time?

I understand the ultrasound wave stuff enough to see some potential for sending a small narrowly focused ultrasound energy from the right treatment piece, but if one were limited to single hair treatments, the only thing this would delete from the hair remover’s required skill set would be the insertion skills. (yes, I know that is sort of like saying, the only thing this would delete from the contortionist’s skills would be flexibility) Maybe what I should say is that if this were to work, it would make it possible for a person with lesser skills to do the job, but the cost of the equipment would be many times more than even the most expensive electrolysis machine currently on the market.

How many should I listen to who have actually used this? One person? Again, I’m unemotional about this because I’m not hearing anything about it and consumers are certainly not coming here or anywhere else that I am aware of declaring victory over their unwanted hair because of this new technology. Do more teaching and showing if you want to win me or anyone else over. If this gizmo is so great, then I’m out of a job and it’s onto my fourth career pursuit with hospice nursing.

You can’t convince people by begging them to believe you. Presenting something scientific would be helpful. That’s how things usually work. Since you have personally talked to Rox Anderson about this, can you convince him to make a comment or two on hairtell? Is it unreasonable to ask him to present some data or lead us to some recent sources?

I respect your passion, but can you work with me here?

Thanks,

Dee

I’ve used the ultrasound hair removal system and I think it’s brilliant. Don’t know the in’s and out’s of all the scientific stuff or how it works, but it’s working for me so I’m happy.

Much better than the laser because you can treat lighter hairs as well. I have a few light hairs on my lip and chin, and even though you couldn’t really notice them I knew they were there and it annoyed me.

I would get this done everywhere if I could, underarms, legs, arms if I had the money, that how I found this site I was trying to find out how much they cost to buy instead of me going to the salon all the time.

Anyway since only 1 other person had said they used it I thought i would share my experiences of it.

How long have you been having this treatment for, and which areas are you having done. Please keep us all updated.

Hi Dee,

I can understand skeptisism, I am a huge skeptic myself. As I have said previously my comments are not to promote this product in particular as to do that I would have had to have experience with it. I am simply saying the theory of using Ultrasound is sound…(no Pun Intended):slight_smile:
You speak about being unemotional, but making strong statements such as this product is a scam product belies the fact that there is no emotion involved and the fact that you feel your career would be over certainly does to… and I sincerely hope it isn’t, but that is only something for you to decide. Again I will say lets see how it goes with the Selectif, but you must understand your comments effect other peoples lives and decisions they will make. So please don’t be so strong in condemning something you have never used.

As far as Rox Anderson is concerned I never said I spoke to him about this product I said I had spoken to him about other technologies that you probably haven’t heard of yet. Believe me if I get the chance to speak with him again in the near future i will ask him…

Let’s try this approach. Where is this technology being used? I have people that would be willing to try it. I have no hair to remove thanks to electrolysis, but I could observe through others experience. How long has Select-Pro been in use? Cost of treatements?

By the way, trust me, I have no emotion when I talk about career change. I like to do many things. I am flexible and non-terratorial. I take what is and if a new technology proves to be better than electrolysis, I’m happily onto other pursuits. I’m serious.

So where can I send some perspective hair removal clients so I can be convinced in real time that Select Pro - Applisonix works?

2 brand new posters pushing the same product within a day?

Whats that meant to mean LAgirl? I am by no means pushing a product i am telling you my experiences about it, since one person posted that only 1 person has used it.

I’ve had it done and i like it and it’s working for me.

@ C O’Connell- so far i’ve only had my lip and chin area done, i’ve had 4 treatments so far. Like i said i have a few light hairs that I could notice and i didn’t like them, and i wanted them removed. It was only in the last few months that i started to notice them so much. I purchased a little hand held mirror that had 12x magnification for when i was doing my eyebrows and just one day i noticed all the little hairs on my chin…totally freaked out lol

I had laser done before that worked on the darker hairs on my lip. I purchased a machine for that since it was expensive to get done at the salon. I still use the machine on other parts of my body i.e legs, underarms but it’s a very slow process.

The salon where i go to it’s costs 40 euro for a 20 mins session to get it done, so it’s not really cheap. There’s onlt the 1 salon that i know of that is offering this so it’s not like i can shop around at the moment.

It’s only been 4 sessions so who knows whats going to happen, my hairs could grow back green for all i know haha but for the moment i’m loving the results, my light hairs are gone, i can notice a difference and for me thats all that matters.

DO you mind saying where you are located?