Recurring Questions

I’ve seen you dance, Michael…you don’t have a wrong foot!

smooch!

One of the questions most repeated in this forum is:

What is better, Blend or Flash (Thermolysis)?

Someone knows if some rigorous study exists with regard to the results (% regrowth) comparatively from these two Electrology’s methods?

Has Dectro maybe carried out some similar study? If it is like that, I would like to know those conclusions.

According to my observations there is no difference as for the results, but certainly, my observations can be erroneous.
Does someone of my colleagues expert in Blend want to take part in a new challenge?

Blend versus Flash?

I’m ready … Sock it to me!

I had thermolysis and microflash for the majority of my hair, but had to switch to blend for deep curly hairs on the nipple area.

Since flash enables us to work so much more quickly, I do the initial clearances with thermolysis. I continue to use various techniques of thermolysis for most of the body however the two regions that I sometimes finish off with the blend modality are breasts and genital area.

Blend was the modality that turned out to be best for me as my follicles were buried deep and strong in the dermis and I needed high intensity or long timing in thermolysis which irritated my skin too much; insulated needle or not.

Blend always left my skin in great shape.

What is better? They are all good but one modality or a modality technique might be better in a certain situation. A versatile electrologist is most likely a good choice for the consumer.

Certainly, this must be proven. Here, in Malaga, in California, or in any part of the world.

You can choose the area, the type of hair, man or woman, Blend machine.

I only demand a thing, that my Flash must be that of a Platinum (or similar machine working to 27Mhz). It is all the same to me if the Blend is of another machine.

I agree that the thermolysis part should be done with an Apilus Platinum or Pure and any Blend epilator.

I clear with Synchro, PicoFlash or MultiPlex and I finish with Synchro, PicoFlash or MultiPlex. Depends on hair structure.

I don’t think there will be any news breaking conclusions here because all modalities work. I just like the speediness of treating hair with the different thermolysis modes and clients like to see bare skin as soon as possible.

Yes, of course, all modalities work. Nobody questions this.

The question is: they work both equally?

Or we get less regrowth with one than with another?

There is more risk for skin with Flash than with Blend?

These aspects deserve our attention and in my opinion, should be studied. It is the best way forward towards excellence.

I did blend for several years, now I am doing the different types of thermolysis with special techniques. I will say that the skin is flawless when all is finished. My favorite client is a trans woman and I worked on her face this afternoon for a little over an hour for a clean up. All work was done in PicoFlash and some Synchro. Not a flaw any where. Beautiful skin! I could crow on and on about similar cases. So there is my two cents about risk with Flash and Blend. If there are no believers, then I can’t make them believe and that’s okay with me.

I believe you Dee, because I check it daily.

But as Michael said, the Electrolysis is not a matter of faith. It’s science, and as such everything must be proved.

Arbitrators must be independent people with an objective view. And the certification of an independent dermatologist would be appropriate too.

This could be this way:
Underarm of a person made with Blend, and the other underarm of the same person made with Flash. Except the professional, of course, no one must know which side has been done with a method or the other.

The myth that a system works better than another would be knocked down. And the myth that Flash is more harmful to the skin, too.

Dee, the more I am using Synchro, the less I am using Blend. Thank you for inspiring me.

So far, I am only using Synchro with insulated probes on my regular clients however when working on friends and family, I am starting to use Synchro with gold.

Afterall, if it is good enough for James, then I will get a handle on it too and then it shall become good enough to add to my arsenal of techniques.

Hairtell is the place to be to find out info. about hair removal but it has become more and more, the place to be, for hair removal professionals who aspire to be the best they can be.

Thank you for the feedback, Arlene. I’m grateful to Dectro and I am grateful to all my colleagues that share their observations freely about what works for them. Maybe we should be putting this information on the AEA discussion board, so as not to bore hair consumers.

You’re not boring those of us consumers who are interested in learning some of the more practical aspects of electrolysis. :wink:

The AEA discussion board has deleted more how to info from its board than we have ever written here on HairTell. Since we never delete posts, reboot the board, or “refresh” the forum, what ever is here, will stay here. The only problem anyone would have would be finding this info, as people seem to be loathe to use the search feature, and some things are harder than others to find even when you do use the search feature.

I will admit that when I do a post that I believe will be useful in the future, I insert an unusual word that will allow me to find it again in the future. If you want a smile, put “Superman” in the search box, and see what comes up listed with the title LIFETIME GUARANTEES OFFERED.

James, I wonder why you bring this up, when you are not an AEA member? …and the discussion board is for members only.

There was a very long period of time when I was not involved with the AEA’s discussion board. During that time someone deleted older posts - and I have no idea who or why. Unfortunate, but ancient history.

I must disagree with you about the amount of information that was on that board compared to this one. The number of participants and the various topics here (for electrolysis) far exceeds what the AEA’s discussion board contained.

I replied to the idea that working to put the practitioner info we have here on the AEA discussion board would be worth the trouble. Any AEA member who wants to find the info here, can find it, while any one looking for electrolysis practical information can not access the AEA member board.

As for the idea that it is ancient history that the AEA board has treated the good information it contained on its practitioners only site with something other than reverence has been a historically reoccurring theme. Very detailed explanations to practitioner questions and point and counter point between some of the giants of the profession were treated like old newspapers. The new administrations has not restored these,probably doesn’t even know that the possibility exists, or is no more interested in restoring these resources than the past administrations who deleted them.

As for your point about my status as a FORMER AEA member, should I take it to mean that unless I rejoin the organization, I have no right to discuss the organization that I left?

The AEA has its place and purpose but not for one minute would I expect it to be the place for progressive thinking.

This is the organization that had a seminar that included a CEU lecture about how understanding Eugenics could enhance your business. I sat through a lecture where the speaker showed photos of various noses. She showed a photo of a cute button nose and said that the person with this nose would be likely to spend more money. She then showed a photo of a nose that was big and said that the person with that type of nose would probably spend less money. The speaker then sold and signed her books to members.

I spoke up and told members that the lecture was an insult and if clients had any idea that we were being encouraged to view their bone structure to get an idea how much money they would spend, clients would be mortified.

Not a single electrologist, a room filled with hundreds of women, backed me up. Members pretty much just shrugged their shoulders and stated looking at themselves in their compact mirrors and asking the electrologists sitting nearby what they thought of their bone structure and then started comparing it to the Eugenics expert’s findings.

At the end of that conference day, I went to my room and grieved.
At that time, I lost respect for some of those electrologist’s who I had thought so highly of.

Well!
I hope that they do discourage those clients with “inappropriate” physical features. Then the consumer is free to work with someone who values and respects them and willing to work towards their goals.
As an individual with the “wrong” nose I would be grateful to them for declining my hard earnt money.
People are full of surprises.

P.S Plastic surgery! It would confound that hypothesis.

Haha. I guess everyone who’s had a nose job should be forced to come in for their consultation with an old pre-op photo :wink: