question for the pros

Wow, two “misunderstandings” in two posts. Yes, this is what happens with the written word and the internet.

1. No! The improper English is not about you.

2. “The internet isn’t ALL bad.” I was not saying that the internet is “all bad!” Madonna Mia, Pizzeria!

(You know, Hegel WAS right after all!) Misunderstandings are replete on these types of forums. Feelings get hurt for no reason and “enemies” are created based on misinterpretations.

I’m sorry, Michael. i misunderstood you. :slight_smile:

No problem.

My critique was about the English language itself. It’s constantly changing, adding new words and changing its grammar. For example the word “hopefully” is now commonly used completely incorrectly. Folks will say: “Hopefully, I will be better in the morning.” Now, this incorrect use of the word sounds correct! (“Hopefully” is an adverb.)

The latest, here in America is this one: “How are you today?” Answer: “I’m GOOD!” Damn it, I’m now saying it too! And, if you avoid the sentence ending in a preposition all the time, it now sounds preposterous. Just for the fun of it, read some of, say, Jefferson’s or Adam’s writings. You will see just how far the language has gone in a short time. And, Chaucer? Is that really English?

I know the British lament the “Americanization” of their language, but really they have screwed it up too. I suppose it IS a “living language.” Whose language is it, anyway?

I would like to add that I looked throught the glasses they used and the magnification seemed a little poor, but Im not sure how much magnification is required to get proper insertions. they resembled reading glasses not surgical loops

I am a big fan of high powered lighting and magnification and having a way to vary the intensity of both.

At this point, I would feel uncomfortable working on legs using a simple circle lamp, as I have just gotten too spoiled with my super magnificent lighting and big time magnification.

Going from the Opmi-1 to the Opmi-99 to a Circle Lamp is like going from a Mercedes, to a Passat, to a Yugo. I avoid driving 3 cylinder Yugo’s.

I’ve just stumbled on this very interesting information. Is it true that computerized epilator nowadays is so good? It sounds like a fantastic! Is it really true?

“With the introduction of computerized epilator the electrologist is actually able to measure the moisture inside the follicle. Being able to do this provides you with a simple understanding that the computerized epilator discharges the current only when it senses the correct moisture level from the interior at the base of the follicle. Having electrologists who are frustrated and fearful of the computerized epilator because of one known fact it will not discharge or fire the current to treat the hair unless the needle is inserted without the patients sensing it dead center at the base of the follicle.”

Does this mean that electrologist has to use autosensor mode as well?

“One of the best attributes of the computerized epilator is that it will not fire the current unless the insertion is perfect.” – is it a true statement?

As stated elsewhere, this is a cunnard spread by some who misunderstand how these machines work.

While the computerized machines DO have a moisture measuring mode, the only way the ability to detect moisture changes how treatment current is delivered is that the auto-abort feature would interrupt the treatment current when the amount of moisture in the follicle is exhausted or continuous contact within the skin is not maintained, and thus many over treatments would be avoided because the temporary loss of a completed circuit would halt the energy.

Thank you very much for your clarification!