Pimple on lips won't go away

Hey guys, me again. This is a single pimple issue. Maybe you guys have some advice.

I have this pimple on my lip that’s only visible if I open my mouth. I’ve had this pimple for a few years.

I’ve squeezed it in the past, and when I did a thin layer of this white stuff came out, and the pimple was “gone”. But then after a few weeks it fills up again.

The pimple never really gets inflamed or causes any problems, other than filling up again if I squeeze it empty. And it bothers me to know that it’s there. I want it Permanently gone.

Here is a photo with my mouth closed, and with my mouth open:

It’s not visible unless I really open my mouth. Still, not good enough. I want it gone for good.

I don’t even mind paying an aesthetician or a dermatologist to do something. Laser, needles, some sort of chemical. But of course it would be preferable if I could deal with this myself.

In terms of dealing with it myself, I could squeeze it empty. And then maybe I could apply something (apple cider vinegar, honey, ???) to kill whatever is causing this to get refilled over and over again.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I talked to my electrologist about it, and she said we can try to zap it with electricity. I assume she meant her electrolysis machine needle.

She said she doesn’t guarantee it will go away permanently, but we can try.

I think it’s worth a shot. Electrolysis worked well for me for mole hair. Maybe it can work for this too. I also read some articles about electrolysis working on cystic acne. And this pimple I have, it’s like a pimple that always gets refilled. Whatever is causing it to get refilled, if we kill that, then maybe it stops.

You guys let me know if you have any ideas please?

Thanks

After I shave today, I’ll take a photo of my little “pimple” that is exactly like yours and in the exact location. It’s most likely a sebaceous hyperplasia (or I have a couple other guesses; maybe a milia?) … You can’t squeeze it out, because it’s the gland itself; not the contents. Best is a surgical removal by a dermatologist … Just zapping with electrolysis might cause the thing to grow bigger. Doughnuts on the skin? Sebaceous Hyperplasia - YouTube

1 Like

The stuff in the video looks a bit different than what I have. What I have can be squeezed out. And it doesn’t hurt to squeeze out. And after I’ve squeezed it out, it’s invisible. There’s no more “pimple”.

Granted, I can squeeze out the white stuff. I guess I can’t squeeze out the root of the problem, whatever that is.

Here, I just squeezed some of the stuff out (sorry, my camera sucks):

The photo is taken after i squeezed some of it out, but before I wiped away the white stuff that came out.

In fact, if I squeeze more/harder, there is more under there that would come out. But I promised my electrologist I’ll leave it filled until I go there next time. And frankly, I have to leave it filled, otherwise, if I empty it out completely, I can’t find it anymore until it fills up again :stuck_out_tongue:

I also may have a tiny blonde hair growing out of it. But I can’t be entirely sure. I managed to grab a little hair there with the tweezers, and I pull on it, and it looks like it’s coming out of the pimple. But I don’t want to pull the hair out, again, because I want it there for when I go to my electrologist again.

And now that I squeezed a little bit of that white stuff, here is how it looks:

If I squeeze it even more, and then give it a few hours, I won’t be able to find it anymore until it fills up again.

That’s why it tricked me for years. Because I’d notice it once in a while, I’d squeeze it out nice and good, and then I’d consider the case closed. But then some time would pass, and I’d see it again. What? Didn’t I deal with you already a few months ago? You’re back in the same spot? What’s your problem?! :smiley:

So it took a while for me to figure out that there’s something here that keeps refilling this thing.

I agree. Most likely it’s some form of a “trapped” oil gland. Our mouths are ringed by these sebaceous glands and that’s probably what you’ve got going.

1 Like

Ok. I think now we’re getting somewhere. Probably that’s what I have. I love how you can diagnose these things :slight_smile:

Assuming I have some form of a “trapped” oil gland. Would/could electrolysis shut it down for good? Is it worth a shot?

Or maybe you would suggest some other form of treatment?

Do you think it’s worth doing an electrolysis on this spot? Or do you recommend something else?

I can tell you in all honesty … I don’t know; your call.

1 Like

I was hoping you’d have a suggestion.

I tried looking at the spot really closely under good light, but I can’t see if there’s a hair growing out of it. Maybe there is one tiny blonde one, maybe there is one dark (beard) one, or maybe there’s none. I can’t tell. But it doesn’t matter, because I don’t think electrolysis requires a hair to be growing out of a spot in order to zap it.

This is what I think I’m dealing with:

See that white stuff there? I think that’s what I have. And when I squeeze the spot empty, that pocket of oil or whatever remains, and refills the spot after a few weeks.

So I’m thinking electrolysis may zap that pocket closed. Then again, what if it does close it up, and then that excess oil doesn’t have where to exit, and I get a massive zit or pimple or tumor or inflammation.

Anyway, I have an appointment for a scar reduction thing, probably with microneedling. It’s just a consultation. So when I go for that, I’ll sneak in a question about this spot too, and see if I get anything out of it.

So I went for an appointment for another issue, to an aesthetician, or physical therapist. Anyway she deals with lasers and stuff like that.

I asked about this spot. And she basically told me that it can’t be permanently removed.

At best I can hit it with electrolysis, and this may slow down how quickly the spot refills. But there’s no way to permanently remove it.

This is ridiculous. One little spot. All the medicine and technology in the world. We can’t do anything about it.

I really thought that there is some chemical they can inject the spot with, and the chemical will go in there and shut everything down, and that will be the end of it.

I guess I’m down to electrolysis on this one. And no guarantees it will help…

What about this?

Okay, so:

Sebaceous Gland Ablation (SGA) uses a an electric current of energy (the same kind used in electrolysis) to gradually shrink those rogue sebaceous glands and stop them from malfunctioning. Once the sebaceous gland is “ablated” (a medical term used to describe tissue destruction through the use of heat), it can no longer break out. Only active acne can be treated as we use the inflamed breakout as a guide to finding the affected sebaceous glands.

Okay, fine. So I’ll do electrolysis on this. I can’t see any other solution. And electrolysis may actually help.

Here a person asked if sebaceous glands in follicles commonly get damaged during electrolysis - Sebaceous glands

And he got an answer - They do, and no I dont believe they rebuild themselves.Without the hair to lubricate, they serve no purpose.

So assuming what I’m dealing with here is a sebaceous gland. If we damage it, it will stop (or reduce) its production of oil, and the problem will be solved

It’s worth a shot.

In the end, I could always go medieval on it. Take a needle, heat it up, and poke all up in there. That’s bound to damage a thing or two, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m reminded many years ago when I had a little white spot in the corner of my eye. It was the kind of spot I couldn’t squeeze anything out of. I believe it was a milia, not sure.

So I went to get it removed with a laser. I paid $130 for the procedure. The spot went away, and a month later it was back again :frowning:

And then I went with my ex girlfriend to a village in France, where she was from. And I went to a dermatologist there about something, and I also asked him about that little spot in the corner of my eye. Well, I told my girlfriend to ask him, because I don’t speak no French.

So the guy pulls out this metallic instrument. Quite large actually. Just a primitive looking thing. And since we’re talking about the corner of my eye here, I got jumpy. One wrong move with that gadget and you’ll poke my eye out man :open_mouth:

But anyway I went with it. He didn’t put any anesthetic or nothing. I closed my eye, he came close, and he just removed the spot. I don’t know what word to use, but it’s like he poked it out. Like you would take a needle and poke under the skin, and then move the needle up in order to take something out. That kind of movement. Like a tractor picking up dirt. He did that a few times. It stung.

And that was it. Whatever spot I had on my eye never returned. And I have no scar either. It’s been 10+ years. I paid only $15 bucks for that.

So there is something to be said about going medieval on things :stuck_out_tongue:

I know I’ve been posting a lot. I probably won’t post more in this thread until I go get electrolysis done on the spot.

I do wonder, assuming I want to destroy/affect the sebaceous gland, would it be smart to have the electrologist turn up the volume on her machine? Or maybe zap it a couple of times, not just one insertion?

You guys let me know if you have any ideas. If not, I’ll just let the electrologist do it how she decides, and we’ll take it from there.