no! no!

Has anyone seen or heard about this fairly new product called no! no! that supposedly “crystalizes” the hair and then, over time, reduces regrowth?

They showed this device on HSN and I read one review of some woman (I don’t know if she is truly impartial because she could work for the company) who documented her experiences with this product and she recommends it.

Here is the link to her review:

http://distressedderma.com/sephora-nono-review/

Just seeing “Sephora” name rings NO!NO! in my ears.

We have talked about this many times.

Save your money, or be sorry later.

run a search here. simple answer is - no!

One of the reasons the product is named “No! No!” or “No-No” or “No No” is that when putting that name in a search engine, one will usually get no results, as the word “no” is a word filtered out of search engines, and will thus turn up no results.

check out this post string:

I have been reading these comments from the beginning. I can not understand why there are so many contradictions from people who claim to be satisfied after trying anything offered. This is the most recent new entry and I viewed this contribution carefully. I wish all those who felt their results were fantastic would continue to read these entries and give us a follow up on their original report of success. I believe the manufacturer provided his own review of his product. There is no explanation as to how it works from him. The endorsement by a user seems to be a contrived story because of the explanation of “crystalized hair”.

I can understand why most contributors want to get rid of the hair. I was in practice for 27 years and heard it all. What I can’t understand is why readers continue to try anything when so many women report virtually all methods have failed. Even professional electrologists have trouble removing hair because we are not all EQUAL in the understanding of what we do. Different levels of competency, different training

Seems like everyone is having a difficult time finding out information for this product, so…being that I used to work for the manufacturer (emphasis on “used to work for”), I will go ahead and post a link to the white paper.

http://www.radiancy.com/PDF/nonowhitepaper.pdf

I found out about the deal between Radiancy and Sephora just last week from another former rep, and I was definitely shocked (I’m a bit behind on the laser/IPL scene since my focus has shifted). So I went ahead and did my google search on “sephora no! no!” and ended up at the “Can’t believe Sephora is marketing No!No! now” post on this website.

So what is my opinion? I suppose I haven’t really come up with one quite yet. However, I do think it’s silly to purchase this device if you want to remove hair on a larger area like your legs or arms. I know that if I purchased this device for myself, it would end up in the back of my closet after a month or so since I get really lazy about that kind of stuff…I even own a professional system and stopped using it after 2 treatments. Now I have what I would call little “islands” of no hair under my arms. Looks a bit goofy, but oh well. I’ll get back to it eventually.

By the way, I think it’s great that there is a website like this out there for those considering laser hair removal. However, I do think it also creates a bit of confusion since everyone has their own opinions and experience. Like lefty2g indicates, there has never been one method or one system that works for everyone. There will and always will be many people who never realize any type of success after undergoing a series of treatments.

The problem lies in the fact that we are all different. It’s just like prescription medication. Some people respond well and benefit, while others don’t. It also depends on who delivers the treatment. Sometimes they aren’t trained properly, do not use the correct power settings, do not space the treatments apart correctly, etc. It all just “depends”.

I suppose the best way to look at it is that you are taking a gamble if you decide to go ahead and move forward with trying it out.

As for me, I’ll just keep on shaving for now…

Interesting post.

Can I ask whether you believe this product actually has any merit, even on small areas, for PERMANENT reduction? How long has it been since you last used it?

Ahh, exactly were is this string of knock-down arguments proving this products defectiveness?

Isn’t it posted above?

Sorry, I meant a proof or a good reason of its non-effectiveness. There is no link to that.

There are no reports of its effectiveness either, which is much more telling. It is already known what it takes to kill a hair permanently, and this device doesn’t have enough power to do this.

Do you work for the company?

What makes you think I work for the company?

Please elaborate on the device not having enough power, as you say. Whats that information based that on?

I am a critical person interested in permanent hair removal who needs information other than anecdotal information on this device.

Understand.

There are dozens of threads here with detailed explanations. I don’t feel like retyping everything for you again. Run a search. Even the company itself doesn’t claim for it to be permanent on their site. It’s just expensive plucking.

I asked that because people who work for the company are the ones who post one liners like this here.

If you’re a critical consumer, shouldn’t your question be “why does it only cost that much if it actually does what it claims to do, and wouldn’t everyone be using it instead of spending a lot more on professional electrolysis and laser treatments if it did”?

The more you respond to me the more it is clear you have no idea about how this product works any better than I do. I do know that there is no plucking involved.

Ive already done searches and i cant find any information about on your site.

I am critical in that I didn’t immediately go out and buy this product. I’m not so critical as to totally disregard the product because its relatively cheap (250 is not cheap to me).

The product has been out only a couple of months, and it was shown on the “Today Show” this morning along with other products. Some lady is going to talk about it on “The View” tomorrow morning also.

lagirl, your getting on my nerves

Yet lagirl has helped literally hundreds, probabaly thousnads of people in terms of hair removal solutions (and not just on this site), but only a select few retort like you do.

Go for it, buy it, try it, hate it and then maybe think ‘hey, that stuff they’ve been talking about on the forum may have actually been right’.

I’ve tried stacks of different hair removal products before I found this site when I was between the ages of 15-16. From Kalo, which is still sitting in the dresser draw half used ,to some crappy hand held laser that targets each individual hair, which may I add does BUGGER ALL!

I’ll post you an explanation tomorow if you still haven’t worked out how to utilise the search button. However, at the moment I want to get some sleep.

Benji

The theory behind this gizmo is the same as the electronic tweezers, transdermal tweezers, etc., heat the hair from outside the follicle and the heat will travel down the hair shaft and destroy the follicle. The problem is that hair is not a conductor of heat. It is an insulator.

I suggest that you contact the maker of this device for proof that it works, rather than coming on here with an attitude from the get-go. Have you asked yourself why lagirl was the only one who bothered to even help you? And then you still have the audacity to insult her.

Form, you are getting on my nerves. Understand.

You know what? Please go ahead and buy this product. It sounds like you already know everything you need to know. Today Show and other paid marketing techniques are great sources for unbiased information. Enjoy.

I have high doubts that this device could destroy hair follicles like electrolysis. However, if it could destroy the roots without pain then it is probably worth the price. Does anyone know what no!no! does to hair roots?

It bathes the skin in LED and laser pointer light while the makers visit vacation spa’s in the island resorts of the world.

added note:
There have been many products produced by these makers under the name No-NO, No!No! and so on. The thing they all have in common is they are all something other than stable permanent hair removal.