Newbie Questions/advice

Hello,

So I have hair all over my face but the texture is soft and length is longer than peach fuzz and I’m Indian.

I was wondering if electrolysis process stimulates hair growth by any chance, I know its a dumb question but the thing I might move countries(to the states for education) so I can handle my self esteem being at the low level it is right now but if electrolysis does stimulate hair growth make my soft long peach fuzzy hair - more coarse short hairs I really wouldn’t know how to handle myself. I’m really sorry if I’m offending anyone.

And if its alright to continue electrolysis session at different electrologists? or is it better at only one electrologist?

And also does usage of benzoyl peroxide for acne make skin more sensitive or unsuitable for electrolysis?

Thank you

I’ve treated 4 clients today with very similar ( if not worse) hair, and acne, and the same genetic ( all of indian/pakistani descent) . In every case I have started of these cases, the removal has been 100% successful. so yes, electrolyss can help, not it does not cause the hair to become worse. What does cause it to worsen is genetics, and often, PCOS. The symptoms of which tend to be in addition to irregualr periods, but also hirsuitism and acne( often cystic acne). . The acne itself can cause pitting, and I do tend to recommend draining cystic acne, but also to address the problem hormonally through the use of an antiandrogen .
It does not matter if you start with one electrologist and then fnish with another, people move all the time. Just make sure you get good competent electrologists in both locations, watch out for plucking or difficult releasing hairs. The sideburn area is very commonly affected in this area and I am able to make very fast progress and good withdrawls of the hair with very little energy on these shallow hairs.

3 Likes

Visit our website www.lilielectrolysis.com
We have Electrolysis clinics at Delhi and Kerala.
Call us at 919961613806, or 1800 425 8656.

Firstly, No question is dumb, and while you are asking it, many out there, are thinking it. So thank you for asking.
Your situation with facial hair has become very common, and not unusual for low self esteem to set in. In our clinics, how we treat your facial hair problem, is with Galvanic multi probe. If you go to our website, under client stories, you will see Sylvia, Indian skin. We completely stripped her face in 18 months, due to a massive problem, and the photo was taken 20 years after we completed. I think this should answer your question on stimulation. I can only advise you on galvanic because that is what we do best, however others using different modalities, will be able to guide you in what they do best.
Choice of operator and modality is personal, however, if you discover an operator you are comfortable with and need to relocate, that clinic may have a referral. If not, then start the process again.
With the use of products on your skin, check in with your pharmacist.

2 Likes

Yes, the galvanic technique works wonders in the Indian skin type. The hair stimulation does not occur with electrolysis but with laser hair reduction, which is known to cause rebound hair growth.
and infact laser treatment is known to cause flare up of acne. I would suggest electrolysis with galvanic technique would be best.
Benzyl peroxide is an irritant of the skin and any irritant ointment should not be used during electrolysis treatment.
you can learn more about our peach fuzz or fine hair removal from face by galvanic technique on our website: http://www.electrolysis.net.in
[edited by Andrea]

Dee, Seana,
I would like to see this misleading video removed.
Dimi

1 Like

I’ve pointed it out to Andrea, going to let her make the caall on whether it should be removed.

Hi Dimi-- Why do you want this video removed? It seems to illustrate Reyuva’s point about treating fine hairs with electrolysis. What do you consider misleading about it?

I think it’s thereferences to Thermolysis and blend. Pawanlal took credit for the original video, which had many more derogatory statements presented on thermolysis energy thanthis one does, and I asked her to remove the thermolysis comparisons, which she has mostly it appears done exactly that, I found only 2 brief reference to phantom “damage” caused by blend or thermolysis energy. The original video was pretty much that and only that, essentially negative marketing .I asked her to remove the references to other modalities and comparisons to, as they werent factual and amounted to negative marketing against other modalities. Which, she seems to have done the challenge having been presented that it was genuinely counterproductive to negatively market other modalities in order to improve the percetion of your own, and I asked Padewan to please remove the references to other modalities she doesnt work in. This is th same video, it makes no mention of however completely clearing a area in a scant few months permanently ( an impossibilitie with cycles of growth) nor blunt comparisons that " others are “burning” the follicle" and we arent…

The reality is,all modalities have the potential for damage, not the same type of damage , but we are in fact “damaging the follicle” regardless of modality.It’s what we do! We are preventing it from making another hair and that requires damaging the stem cells in the bulge.

Although not a perfect edit, it does now in my opinion not create the “modality war” that was sure to stem from the original.I’m of the opinion it should be allowed.

I would still urge Padewann however, to clean their equipment. There’s enough debris and lye crust on that chuck to contaminate any needle put into it.

Seana

1 Like

Dimi is absolutely right. The information provided in the text of the video is false and seems created with the purpose of discrediting other modalities whose efficacy has been demonstrated for a century. I would not trust a professional who needs to attack other modalities in order to sell his/her own.

1 Like

Hi Andrea,
If you look at the video, all statements are false and misleading for the user, which does not have our knowledge (from 30 sec up to 3 min).The video is made in such way to show that the galvanic method is the superior and the thermolysis is very bad.
Method is just that-method to remove permanently the hair.
How the method is used from the electrologist is what matter.
The electrologist skill is what we can compare not the methods.

1 Like

I have updated the Reyuva post to link to their website instead of the video because the video contains misinformation about other electrology modalities. Galvanic has important differences, but some of the statements in the titles were not accurate.

1 Like

Ms. Seana Richmond, I am Dr. Pawan Lal, Professor of Surgery. I am He and not she. I got my training in electrolysis in London, specially the blend technique. While I made the video in context of Indian skin in mind, which has nothing to do with the Fitzpatrick scale type I to III skin. The Indian Skin is Fitzpatrick scale type IV and more. My intention was never to attack or show other modalities in lower esteem. I did try thermolysis initially which was way faster and did not require any type of anesthesia but it did not work well in the Indian skin types. I just noted my observations in the video. You have been working with Fitzpatrick type I and II skin which does not pigment easily. I am doing a study with the skin biopsies of the treated skin in the patients who undergo skin excision due to other diseases and study the impact of the both the modalities. That should settle the debate on this. My intention was never to show any technique in bad light. I am sorry if it inadvertently offended any one. I am a great fan of Ms. Josefa M. Reina and Mr. Micheal Bono they are both the legends in electrolysis. After I finish the study on damage by different modalities on the in vivo skin then I plan to go for study on the skin to see the healing process. Since the position I hold I can do these studies. However, the comments made were my observations only. They are no authority till I publish the study in the peer reviewed journal. As I see even with such a huge volume of work done by such experienced electrologists I still do not see many (infact very few) peer reviewed articles published in scientific journals. It would be a great benefit to the electrologists community both the veterans and the new students if your experience and results are published. As per the observation of the needle, the foam that forms with the galvanic technique is too much which smears the needle with every insertion. This type of effect is not seen in the thermolysis in which only coagulation takes place. It will take me two or three months to finish the study. I will send you the preliminarily results on this forum to keep to upto to date on the study and to take your valuable feedback. I am open to any comments and do not mind anyone criticizing the videos, because criticism is necessary for research. When the last month another of my video was criticized, it led me to do the study of the effects of different modalities of the electrolysis. I am attaching another video in which I tried to demonstrate the effect of different modalities to best of my capability. Please do not feel offended by it and let me know which parts are not true so that I can modify them. We are all professionals and study of medicine is always an evolving science and it is never a perfect science.

Ms. Andrea James, thanks for having such a wonderful forum for discussing electrolysis of hairs. I have learnt a lot about it from the comments of the other people experience and their complications.

My main website for the electrolysis is www.electrolysis.net.in.

while the other website www.hairelectrolysis.co.in is the secondary website which I want to devote entirely for the scientific and evidence based study of the electrolysis of the hairs. I am soon going to upload all the published scientific work there is on the electrolysis in the scientific peer reviewed journals. I was also thinking of making a forum like this on my websites for the Indian electrologists. It was really a wonderful idea, for you to not having made but also maintaining and actively participating in discussion. I really appreciate your effort, I know how much effort it takes to make and maintain a website and on it a discussion forum.

No offense taken here, and you’ll note that I did point out you had largely complied with the request to take the video down and remove the derogatory comments about other modalities. That said however, please stop making assumptions on my practise and clientele, they will not be tolerated any more than the pokes at other modalities. I DO NOT work on fitzpatrick 1 and II only, in fact nearly 40% of my clientele are of indian , pakistani, or asian descent and it is a consderable specialty of my practise. You’ll find that Canada is a most multicultural country, most especially here in our nations capital, and I treat clients of all races and nationality. OF particular note, I have treated through to completion no less than 40 cases where the client was of in fact, Indian descent in the last 3 years alone , and of those they were ALL treated in thermolysis and none, not a single one , experienced hyperpigmentation as a result of the treatment.

As explained to you in message, all modalities have an element of risk, and galvanic CAN caause hyperpigmentation to occur, as it is the result of post-inflamatory response, not of the energy. Are you saying that galvanic provides no inflamation whatsoever? Certainly not factual.Hypo-pigmentation, and pitting, are both very common to galvanic treatments, but you’ll notice I never speak of it here, can you guess why? Becasue ALL MODALITIES have complications that occur. Every single one. And you wont find me or any other electrologist on this board marketing against galvanic, or blend, or thermolysis in order to lift the perception of the particular modality they work in.
I have no problem whatsoever with you conducting your studies, but the moment you start marketing against other modalities in an effort to promote your own, and present as fact that which is not factual and deliBerately biased against the work of other practitioners here, you’ll find your post has been edited and said videos removed, as this one has been

Thanks for your advise. Good to have experienced people like you to guide the further research in the field of the electrolysis. I will keep you in loop about the results of the study specially histopathology of the skin as and when the results come in.
As per the video, I was hoping to receive some useful criticism if anywhere I had gone wrong with the demonstration or the analysis of the results, which I tried to demonstrate as scientifically as possible. Though the video was only of academic value, It would be good to see the body response to the electrolysis. Do let me know if any where in the video there are factual or scientific inaccuracies?

And yes you have a point there as well, all the modalities have the potential to damage if not done correctly. I had just given my observations, I had no intention of marketing any technique over the other. Do keep giving your critical reviews, it does help me improving and guiding my further research. And yes I would definitively like to know your results on the Indian skin types. I have seen your wonderful website but there are very few images and none of the Indian skin types images is present that is why I assumed that, sorry for my mistake again. I would love to know more about your results specially about the number of sittings and the amount of regrowth, if any.
And again I agree with you the inflammatory response is a necessity for healing.I am more concerned about pigmentation. The thing is all the websites I have seen everyone is talking about results no one is talking about complications which I am interested in. And no one talks about the type of needle they used, amount of current used or/and any technique modification used. Expect for Ms.Josefa M. Reina and Mr. Bono, who did discuss about their complications, techniques and results. Hairtell was the only forum in which the discussion of complications was being made that attracted me towards it. Here I did see the experienced electrologist like yourself discussing the problems of electrolysis, it was good experience after seeing all the commercial websites. I want to do more research in how to prevent complications like burns, pigmentation, pitting etc. or rather how to minimize them at least.

That may be, because PIH is generally a temporary manifestation only. It’s considered incidental, and of no consequence as a result.

To give you an example why I gave up thermolysis, I am uploading the image of young man with electrolysis of back, on left we used blend with 30% thermolysis and on the right side we used pure galvanic method. The results are there in front of you. There was pigmentation after one month when he presented for second sitting, and this time we used only galvanic.

left side blend was used

right side galvanic is being used.

This is the reasons we gave up thermolysis and started using galvanic. It is just an observation.

Are you using insulated probes? They make a big difference in skin effects.I’ve been treating a a young pakistani lady for the last 18 months who suffered severe Paradoxal laser hair stimulation over her entire torso and face. Long sessions , anywhere from 6-14 hours once a month, and not a single time did she develop hyperpigmentation . She’s finished now, and we’ve moved on to other areas on her body.Always used thermolysis with a insulate a probe, and not one problem whatsoever.She did have hyperpigmentation when she first came from the laser teatment, but that has disappeared WHILE her treatment progressed.

No, we used same needle on both the sides, the Ballet tapered TB gold needles. We have got insulated needles that we have kept for thermolysis. We did not realize that even with blend we should be using insulated needles.
Thanks for valuable advise, we will keep that in mind whenever we use thermolysis or blend.