Newbie Questions/advice

They are definitely helpful, give it a try. You’ll find the ISOblend probes from Dectro/protec have a wider uninsulated area, perfect for affecting the lower 1/3 of the follicle in one shot

I’m also going to recommend you ask to join the facebook group Electrology International. It’s a far better place for for professional Electrologists to compare techniques and methods, without revealing them to consumers.Had you brought these issues there rather than a consumer facing forum, you will have gotten a much warmer welcome.

Thanks for the information, I did not know about the Electrology International facebook group. I have applied. Yes, I agree with you about that, about professional discussion we should be having a separate forum.

I personally like these discussions. I can see where the video misleads consumers, but I don’t think there was any malice intended. Electrolysis peer reviewed studies are not the norm (that part made me laugh because I wish it were true). After 150 years, we know its highly effective.

I have performed endless numbers of hours, too numerous to count, treating Indian and Pakistani skin. I use themolysis only on these women and men and all turns out lovely.

Reyuva, you did not offend me at all. Thank you for posting. I respect your position and scholarly endeavors, but most of all, I liked how you summed this up with your last sentence.

I use mostly the Ballet tapered probes. They are the most versatile probes for me. I can use them for Thermo, Blend and pure Galvanic with perfect results. If they are not used correctly they behave as one piece non insulated probe with all bad consequences and side effects.

Reyuva,

Like many sole practitioners I’m a bit of a Jill of all trades, I get to treat clients, do the books, take care of taxes, do all the housekeeping and maintenance, moderate hairtell, am single parent to an autistic child and two other older children , and yes, I am the webmaster for my business as well. I do wish I had more time to update my website, but really since 3 years ago when I created it I havent had time to do a ton of updates. Nor have I put much on the facebook page or even google listings ( which has quite a few posatie reviews and drives a lot of business to my door) . I do have very few images, and even fewer of my clientele, and theres good reason for that, I almost never take any, and even rarer occasion do I upload a new one.
This is not only a time constraint, but also a privacy concern. I especially find that my Indian and pakistani clients are extremely private and conservative people and I do respect their wishes not to be photographed. I’ve taken a lot of flack from my peers over the years about this and not showing my work, but in the end the decision to not take photos regularly is not up to me, its up to the clientele and I do respect their privacy.

However as stated, Canada is a wonderfully multicultural area, and here in Ottawa we tend to get a lot of immigrants from many different areas. I had one or two clients very early on who were of Indian heritage, and they were so happy with my work, they told like 100 of their friends. I do see a large pecentage of indian or pakistan heritaged clients coming to my door. If I had to take a guesstimate, my clientele are about 30% each of Transpeople, pakistani, Indian people, and PCOS sufferers, the remaining 10% being housewives with 20 chin hairs and the odd male torso upper cheeks or ears or other random miscellany.

Like Dee, I almost never have a problem with pure thermolysis on olive completions using modern mdalities ( I use an Xcell professional and an Instantron epilator) and insulated , primarily isoblend probes. By limiting the energy pattern to the lower 1/2 of the follicle, we reduce inflamation and also inflamation caused hyperpigmentation.

Seana

Hi everyone,
So I went to an electrologist, I asked her a variety of questions
She uses insulated IB probe electrolysis - I asked her to explain she told me it’ll be her inserting a fine needle into hair follicle and zapping it ( which cuts off the blood supply to the follicle). I asked her about after treatment - she said to use ice and use fudic bnf cream. And she did the whole free trial thing - she was good with her technique. She has teenagers coming in as well. My gut feeling was that she knows her technique and but I was not too sure about the whole after care thing - ice never helped me when I’d get threading done it’d cause small staph infection induced pustules. A simple google search tells fudic bnf cream is a steroid and I’m not comfortable using a steroid on my face. I do have acne which flares up from time to time when I’m extremely stressed or have a bad diet or sleep at odd times or when my face is exposed to dust. But having proper life style solves my acne issue. She uses good lighting and magnification glasses too.And she also tells me my skin is dry and it’d help reduce the pain if I used moisturiser.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Dr. Pawan , I saw your video on YouTube where you perform electrolysis on peach fuzz( hair on cheek bone) of Indian man. How did the treatment go? How many sessions did it take and were there any complications?

Dr. Pawan , I saw your video on YouTube channel (reyuva hair electrolysis) where you perform electrolysis on peach fuzz( hair on cheek bone) of Indian man. How did the treatment go? How many sessions did it take and were there any complications?