New stuff for FREE

Working now on two new free items. 1) copying and editing an original 8mm Hinkel film (somewhat destroyed) and, 2) editing a few chapters from my original book. All these materials will be on-line and free.

My original book was a big 368 page text. People complained and suggested I separate the book into two shorter (cheaper) books: one on the blend, and one on universal treatment suggestions. I took the suggestions. One book is The Blend Method, and the other is Treatment Strategy for Electrology.

However, several chapters were eliminated in order to bring down the costs. Now, I will be offering these deleted chapters … on-line … for FREE! I hope you enjoy these missing chapters and that they help you in your practice! Photo added of Eric doing the film transfer. That little device “photographs” each individual frame of the film and digitalizes it on software he’s using on his laptop.

Here’s a “teaser” on the Hinkel film: his experiments showing effects of the currents. The film was made in the late-1950s. We’re now using stabilizing software to improve the quality

7 Likes

This is really, really cool and I can’t wait to read and see it all… thank you for your dedication Mike!

1 Like

You’re sweet … THANKS!

Here are a couple more “gems” from the Hinkel cigar box (yes, really: his old cigar box). A photo of Art’s original drawing that was then done by a professional artist. The drawing is in Hinkel’s book. Also, anybody venture a guess as to what that second photo shows? Hint: the most explosive situation to hit electrology ever … from 1975 - the mid 1980s. Any guesses?
Art drawing
hair water

1 Like

What the heck I’m gonna give this a shot at the risk of looking like an idiot. As you know, I know next to nothing so far… but I am going to deduce that it is a photo of a test to see if the “at home” tweezer type electrology machines work. My guess is that the picture shows the electrified tweezers with a hair dipped in water, egg white or possibly gelatin.

Am I close?

BRAVO! You win on this one. Particularly, this was the dreaded DEPILATRON that nearly sunk our profession. GOOD JOB! You’ve “got it going” for sure!

So, on Tuesday, I will be adding a new free publication to my little website. I’m almost finished with the editing and updating. 27-pages that I think will be interesting an helpful. A form of “hypnosis” that can be legally used by electrologists (among other things). Right now, preparing for Halloween and scaring the crap out of the neighborhood kids. BTW all those free publications can be downloaded and used any way you want … GREAT if the schools use these free publication. I hope they do!

Hello Mike,
I can’t wait to watch your new content and learn.
Thanks for the effort. I’m sure the process is not easy or cheap to convert old film.

1 Like

Yep, the film was almost gone. Easily torn, but we managed to repair it. I don’t think the film could be used again … but, we got it this time. After Halloween we will get to the stabilization process and re-label.

The publication is up today and a free download. Go to my website (www.electrologynow.com), and click on “new publications” … yep, a few more publications to go.

1 Like

More free stuff from “the old grump” …

4 Likes

Hi Micheal,
I have been busy. Long time no chat :sweat_smile:
Some of the terms used in the video I’m not sure what it actually mean, such as “tap”
Does “tap” mean the number each time we press the foot switch?

YES … “Tap” is a common term (in California anyway) … it means you press on the footswitch and “boom” you get one “burst” of high frequency. I tried to stay “true” to the Hinkel text. Also, when Hinkel showed the film, he would stop it and explain what was being shown (I did this with adding the text that he would have said). Thanks for your very kind comment. I was severely “beaten up” by an electrologist (in another country) with … all too common … GOSSIP! I suppose every profession has this?

1 Like

Seana said okay … so here goes. A recent BBC program was, in my opinion, a “hit job” on the electrology profession. Anyway, you can read what I said and watch the original BBC program.
https://electrologynow.com/we-dont-treat-people-like-you/

I’m working on a new article this week about how electrology was, in years past (and still somewhat today), a secret and guarded practice … with plenty of exclusive/secret methods. I finished-up this illustration for the article and think it’s pretty funny. If you have any comments on this topic, I’d love to hear them … and, include your ideas

did you steal the “boomatron” image from those cheap fleabay Avaexx things? Looks like it!

Actually, I’m not really sure … I just grabbed something off the internet! Probably so … tee hee. Maybe I should “change it up” a bit so they don’t get their “panties in a bunch?”

better?

The lady looks like Miss Cleo of electrolysis. Michael don’t you think the era of secret methods has passed for the most part? I don’t encounter electrology ads with proprietary techniques like a decade ago.

Ahem! elos Me!

Yes, but only somewhat better. Mostly better because there are fewer manufacturers … and only one now dominates the market.
Also, Fenix, you are an anomaly because you have set out to research and understand this market yourself.
If you were to ask 100 people what can be done to remove hair permanently … probably more than 90 would say “laser.” The question for me is … why? After 100 years, this little profession is still largely unknown. Article: “The Boom Boom effect and public awareness”