Men shaving legs?

Hi everyone! I’m back to work, and the weather is warmer. I’ve been wearing shorts since early April. I keep my legs trimmed like I said before, and they pretty good. I’m no longer working outside with the crowds, but I’m don’t think I’ll shave my legs anymore. I’m really happy with the way they look. My hairs are’nt thick, and long anymore, and I’ve noticed I can go longer before trimming again. They’re exactly they way they were when I was 14 years old, and just starting to get more leg hair. As long as I keep trimming every 2 weeks, they don’t get real hairy anymore. I can have it both ways now, close to hairless legs, and not have to really do much to them. When I shaved, I did have to use moisturizer to keep them from drying out. I no longer need to do that either. It’s ok with me if other guys want to keep their legs shaved, that’s your choice, and I respect it. I just like the way I’m dealing with my leg hair, keeping it thinned out, and close to smooth. It’s all in the attachment I use on my trimmers, it works out great! No one can say, dude, your legs are really hairy. That’s all in the past, and since I’m not going to get a tan this year, I really need to keep up with the trimming. My legs are white, and you can’t see the hairs that much, but I still have some, so the idiots that make fun of guys who shave their legs, won’t be able to make fun of me this summer! I wish you all the best with whatever you do to your OWN bodies, cause NO ONE has the right to tell you it’s wrong to shave your own legs!!

I have been getting laser treatments since Jan 2006. I am having my arms and legs done. I just wore shorts for the first time since removing the hair over the Memorial day weekend. I am in my middle 30’s, married with kids, and decided I didn’t care what anyone thought about having smooth legs on a guy. It turns out my boss, mother in law, babysitter, neighbors, and coworkers did not notice anything! I have some tats on my legs and the only responce I got was how good the color looked, did I have them recolored? I made sure I had a tan before I wore the shorts and my reply was I have been tanning. The tan and the lack of hair really do make the tattoos look new! I wish I would of done this years ago. I have always shaved during the winter and now I don’t have to hide under pants anymore. This past weekend was the big test for me and even though I don’t care what people think, I feel way better now knowing the people I see and work with every day didn’t notice a thing, so why would I even care what strangers think?

Josh, I was wondering if you’ve got smooth or hairy arms? I think it might be more conspicuous if you shave your legs but not your arms. That would look kinda strange and the contrast might draw attention to shaved legs.

I’ve not had any comments at all but I don’t have much hair on my arms. I have none on my chest and back so having smooth legs kinda goes with the rest.

This is one of the dilemmas I’ve dealt with and I’ve received different advice from different sources - and I guess there’s not really a right or wrong answer.

I had hair removal done on my chest - but it has been recommended to me that I do my arms to match.

But then I’m told if arms and chest are done, to remove underarm hair.

As far as legs go, it would seem like the last thing to do. But, if you do legs, to have upper body hair would seem to look kind of odd.

Not that I have an answer - I probably just created more questions.

I have always had a thing for shaving my body. I have always felt that body hair was rather disgusting. I thought about it alot, weather i was currently shaved or not. When i met my wife and we started dating i pushed all that aside, and stopped. because i was unsure of her or others reactions to such a “weird” thing as a man with shaved legs.

fast forward to this past february, as we had a brief warm weather spell up here in chilly Minnesota, i started wearing shorts or boxers around the house. I noticed the outside of my legs were almost bare where my jeans i had worn all winter had worn the hair away, but the insides of my legs were quite hairy. pretty funny to look at. i showed my wife and made of joke of myself. she said,“why dont you just shave em and let it grow back in even again?”
i just laughed and in my stupid macho male voice…“yeah right” i said. knowing i would want to if i had the guts…
well i thought about it for a while and said crew it, and i shaved em. Boy did that feel GREAT BTW. anyways, after 3 days, she hadnt even noticed, not at all. so i showed her. and she Gasped!! i thought oh great here comes the teasing.
but instead she felt them and said they looked great!!!
i told her how good and clean i felt and how i was thinking about keeping them that way. she said yeah go for it and she told me how she has noticed more and more men with shaved legs lately epsecially with guys on TV and such.
I cant believe i went all these years being a chickens**t, when she wanted me that way all along.
the next week i proceeded to shave everything, from my neck down. pits, arms, back, stomach, legs & feet.
to put it simply, she loves it, and thats all i truly care about. i havent had even 1 comment or remark from anyone else, i really dont think they notice at all.
Go for it guys…its your body, be happy with it.

I’ve always thought legs were basically the last thing to do - although it seems as if it’s something some men may do first.

For no particular reason, I would think the back (if you have hair there) is the first to go.

Then would come chest, arms, and legs…

Hello everyone.
This has to be the most in depth topic I have ever seen. You might remember I posted a few pages back. Well im still shaving. Its actually really quite popular here. Mostly with teens though. Im 14 and at my school one out of every three shaves these days, not so much for sport (I think they might do it because their friends do) I dont play any sport as im a rather lazy person. But I still shave.

You might remember I had some problems with my parents accepting my choice to shave, I got that out of the way. One day I came home from school and my dad had purchased himself a racing bike and the skintight biking suit. It looks absolutly gross but anyway. About three days later he went for a bath… he was in there for about an hour. I went in afterwards for a shower and noticed the bath was full of hair. He doesnt shave anything other than his face usually.

He then conventiently wore pants everywhere until he went biking one day and I noticed his shaved legs. I was rather mean to him, as he had given me so much !@$# about me shaving. But now its just part of our lives. He is always buying that for mens nair stuff. So I use that, as I am really very sick of shaving. It works on some parts but others stay. so It cuts my shaving time in half almost which is good. My roots are black as im a really hairy ape for my age. Its absolutly gross which is the main reason i shaved in the first place.

Well thats my story.
Jordan

Hi ShavedLegs4Life

I wouln’t be to hard on your Dad. He probably took a lead from you. You have a school trend and it obviouisly shows amoung the guys that shave. Almost all of us here know the benefits of shaving (legs and other parts). I think the older people need that freedom as well. Lets think about it, they never could have done it at 14. Younger men can now, and what a relief in terms of comfort. I am 36 but I wanted to shave my legs since your age for reasons I described before. My school at that time and my friends would not accept that, but that was their shame as it is a normal thing for guys and girls (I think). Why should only girls shave their legs when us guys itch and don’t sleep weel and sweat and all of those things. Not nice at all. Men and boys alike, look fitter and more athletic with smooth well muscled legs. Why not?

Regards
Stuart

I didn’t read all 19 pages of this thread(bad Greta!) but I’ll add my 2 cents and say that I love men and boys who shave their legs and other body parts. It’s so much smoother and sexier and touchable.
I’m even working on a couple sections for it on my website!

My boyfriend shaves his whole body(except head) and I love it.
When he first brought it up I was a little hesitant because I was thinking there would be stubble or something. But now I realize even stubble isn’t as bad as hair everywhere.

Hi Greta

Men and boys old enough, are great looking with shaved legs. There is nothing wrong with the look and feel. I have never looked back and don’t see why! Try beach walking as a man who has shaved legs. Much better I am sure!

Best Regards
Stuart

Hi Greta

Men and boys old enough, are great looking with shaved legs. There is nothing wrong with the look and feel. I have never looked back and don’t see why! Try beach walking as a man who has shaved legs. Much better I am sure!

Best Regards
Stuart

Stuart:

If you look at the lack of posts on this topic, I think you can see it’s not as accepted as some may make it out. I actually saw an article that said hair is back in.

I went to the east coast recently and I can tell you from the people, it’s not as accepted there as it may be in warmer climates.

I think removing back hair will always be acceptable and the chest has become more acceptable - but arms, legs, and anything else is still considered weird in most places I believe.

[quote]Hi Greta

Best Regards
Stuart

Stuart:

If you look at the lack of posts on this topic, I think you can see it’s not as accepted as some may make it out. I actually saw an article that said hair is back in.

I went to the east coast recently and I can tell you from the people, it’s not as accepted there as it may be in warmer climates.

I think removing back hair will always be acceptable and the chest has become more acceptable - but arms, legs, and anything else is still considered weird in most places I believe. [/quote]

Take such articles with a grain of salt! I read an article a few years ago in the newspaper that said chest hair is making a big comeback. Never happened! My point is don’t take those articles too seriously.

I go boating every weekend. Almost all the men go shirtless. The only ones you will see with any significant chest hair are men over 50. The only younger ones with chest hair are ones that don’t have very much.

Leg hair removal will catch on, but more slowly. A quick and easy way to do it, that doesn’t cost a lot of money, is one thing holding it back.

I would disagree with you on the lack of posts. Look how huge this thread is! What’s the difference if there is one thread with a lot of posts, or many threads with fewer posts?

RJC2001

[quote][quote]Hi Greta

Best Regards
Stuart

Stuart:

I think removing back hair will always be acceptable and the chest has become more acceptable - but arms, legs, and anything else is still considered weird in most places I believe. [/quote]

Take such articles with a grain of salt! I read an article a few years ago in the newspaper that said chest hair is making a big comeback. Never happened! My point is don’t take those articles too seriously.

I go boating every weekend. Almost all the men go shirtless. The only ones you will see with any significant chest hair are men over 50. The only younger ones with chest hair are ones that don’t have very much.

Leg hair removal will catch on, but more slowly. A quick and easy way to do it, that doesn’t cost a lot of money, is one thing holding it back.

I would disagree with you on the lack of posts. Look how huge this thread is! What’s the difference if there is one thread with a lot of posts, or many threads with fewer posts?

RJC2001 [/quote]

This thread used to move faster - but lately we see about one post every few days or maybe one/day. There’s an article in the USA Today discussing long hair being back and less grooming by men. It doesn’t mention body hair but one has to think that will be next.

I’m not saying I agree with it, but I think men (me included) are afraid of how people will view them if they remove hair unless they are athletes, models, or actors.

Hi Hairfree:

By being afraid to shave your legs as is your right to do so, you are allowing others to dictate how you should look and act. I did that for years too and the only one it affected was me in that I was not living my life.

I have pride in who I am. I am my own person now.

If you let others control your life then you are their hand-puppet.

Alicia

Hi Hairfree:

By being afraid to shave your legs as is your right to do so, you are allowing others to dictate how you should look and act. I did that for years too and the only one it affected was me in that I was not living my life.

I have pride in who I am. I am my own person now.

If you let others control your life then you are their hand-puppet.

Alicia

Alicia:

I agree that people should live their own lives. My question would be, is it necessary to shave the legs. I prefer waxing to shaving and have had my chest and arms waxed (and know others who shave/wax as well). I was told it if you do your chest, do the arms. But then I’ve been told if you do the chest and arms - I should do the underarms.

It seems like doing the chest has turned into doing the whole body - which can become very expensive.

As far as legs go, it seems as if you shave the legs and nothing else, that would look odd.

I don’t know - maybe it is just personal preference.

Hi Greta

Thanks for your post. I can’t sgree though. East coast people might be different, but I spend most of my US time in the Deep South and I can assure you nobody cares there! Also in my own country and city, nobody gives a damb if you shave your legs as a guy. It’s well accepted here for all sports, including cycling, running, swimming and most athletic sports like football. We are used to men shaving their legs here. What seems a bit unacceptable here is chest shaving. This seems popular in the US on the east coast and California.

How does one draw the line? Can guys shave their legs in one country and their chests in another? Seems strange to me!

Regards
Stuart

Hi Greta

Look at the size of the forum or thread here and you will see how many guys shave their legs or body’s. There are even bigger threads on the forum regarding this - so don’t disregard the emerging trend amoung men!

Regards
Stuart

Hairfree,

It is certainly not necessary to shave your legs. Like you say it depends on personal preference. If you are comfortable with leg hair and the way it looks, then leave it. And there are some lucky individuals that don’t have much in the first place.

I do agree that hairy arms look strange in combination with a hairless chest and abs. If one doesn’t have a lot of arm hair then I guess it doesn’t matter.

I shaved (and then had electro) on my armpits because I had shirts ruined by perspiration stains. I’m glad I did it because it looks and feels so much better. And it keeps you cooler in the summer. The stains are a thing of the past. I do think anyone removing their chest and arm hair should also do the armpits.

RJC2001

Hairfree,

It is certainly not necessary to shave your legs. Like you say it depends on personal preference. If you are comfortable with leg hair and the way it looks, then leave it. And there are some lucky individuals that don’t have much in the first place.

I do agree that hairy arms look strange in combination with a hairless chest and abs. If one doesn’t have a lot of arm hair then I guess it doesn’t matter.

I shaved (and then had electro) on my armpits because I had shirts ruined by perspiration stains. I’m glad I did it because it looks and feels so much better. And it keeps you cooler in the summer. The stains are a thing of the past. I do think anyone removing their chest and arm hair should also do the armpits.

RJC2001

RJC:

Why do you think that if you shave the chest and arms should lead to shaving armpits? I had one lady who waxed me tell me that - but I don’t see why.

Is it looks? Does it not look natural?

RJC:

Why do you think that if you shave the chest and arms should lead to shaving armpits? I had one lady who waxed me tell me that - but I don’t see why.

Is it looks? Does it not look natural?

I think it’s more comfort than looks. When you think about it, the armpits are not really so visible. There is more symmetry when the armpits are clean shaven, but again they are not so visible.

I was truly surprised how much more comfortable it is having the armpits cleared.

If someone has a lot of armpit hair and is otherwise hairless, that does seem a little unusual but no big deal. If it was at least trimmed it would look more symmetrical.

RJC2001