Lightsheer experience with photos.

Hi Everyone,

Well, it has been a long time coming, but here at last is an update on my experience with photos on laser hair removal of whole legs using the Lightsheer diode laser. Follow this link to read all the gory details…

http://www.geocities.com/fleabag1666/index.html

Hope this helps someone,

If it hadn’t been for this site, I would never have got up the courage to have this done - and I will never look back! Best thing I ever did. I am now a new person.

Fleabag. :wink:

FANTASTIC!

Thanks Fleabag! I also had coarse dark hair on my legs and can definitely relate to what you’ve gone through. (I just finished the third treatment with the Lightsheer of a package of five that I purchased.) How absolutely amazing that you even got your money refunded – congrats and hope you continue to enjoy your new smoothness!

Great results Fleabag! I wonder what the laser detractors have to say now.

You really did luck out and more power to you. You may be the first person to ever get 90% + hair removal for free!

Was that a freestanding laser clinic? Maybe that’s one more reason to get laser treatments at a doctor’s office if possible as they rarely go out of business.

RJC2001

Hey RJC,

To answer your question - the clinic was part of a “health, beauty and wellbeing” department inside Britains largest high street chemist store (and these shops are HUGE!). They did all sorts of health stuff - all types of hair removal, massages, manicures, eye treatments, aromatherpy, etc. etc. You name it - they did it. As part of their nationwide “plan for the future” they decided to close most of these wellbeing clinics and most of their services as a cost saving measure. Reckoned they didn’t pay their way like they should…

The therapists were all fully trained Registered Nurses, and I think they had dermatologist consultancy backup, but not 100% sure.

A real shame, as I could not fault their service (OR their results!).

I still can’t get over my fantastic fortune in all this. I’m not the person that this sort of thing happens to - I rather expected to pay double the amount for no results at all…

:grin:

Good luck with all yours,

Fleabag.

wow, I must say. those are some now sexy sexy legs!

More power to ya’. That had to be the best deal around.

RJC2001

I’m not surprised you are happy, it’s a pretty dramatic change - looks great.

It would be great to get an update in a couple of months!

fleabag
thank you so much for sharing your story with photos. i had my test patch yesterday and am
going in for first bikini, underarm & snail
trail treatment next week. but after reading
your story am seriously considering extending
to full legs as well. the idea of not
spending half my life covering up or being
ashamed of stubble & ingrowns seems too good
to be true. thanks again.

Bit of an update here guys…

It is now about 6 months since my last treatment (which initially left me with hairfree legs), and the results are not as good as I thought. After several months, the hair started to grow back, and I now have about 25% regrowth on my lower legs and about 50% regrowth on my thighs. The really dark coarse hair seems to have gone, but my legs are still needing shaving or some form of hair removal before I can let them out in public…

Having said that, they are MUCH better than before, with my lower legs looking like most “normal” females rather than the ape-creature legs I had before. Upper legs have been banished from human eyes forever though I think. And I did only get 4 treatments, when it is recommended to have 5-6 for best results.

I am considering having 2 more treatments, but the place I had them done has closed, so I have to find somewhere else, and they use different lasers, so I’m a bit dubious about the results I might get.

Rather disappointed I have to say after my initial elation at what looked like fantastic results.

Oh well - the struggle continues…

Good luck everyone - I’ll let you know what happens when I get more treatments…

:frowning:
Fleabag

Four treatments is not very much. How far apart were your treatments spaced? 8-12 week intervals are recommended for the lightsheer. Was compression used? That is important too.

You probably need 2-4 more treatments to get maximum results.

RJC2001

your post is proof that we need updates from people many months after the intial euphoria in order to bring a bit of reality to the whole business.

but at least you are able to say that your legs are better than when you started. So proof that it works to a certain degree. and maybe once you go back a lot more it will clear and stay clear for a lot longer.

i’ve had four lots of coolglide (you’re light skinned coolglide would be a waste, you have more options)on my legs and bikini line and i can see that the same stubborn bits on my knees and thighs are still holding out and i can see lots of pepper spots on my bikini line, the bottom half of my legs is very clear (but i’ve not given them a 6 month break yet)

i’m going to continue for another 2/3 sessions and see what happens.

Hey RJC,

In answer to your questions, my treatments were spaced about 3 months apart, and compression was used (although not sure how much is needed?? She didn’t squash the handpiece into my leg, but gentle compression was used).

I will probably go back for another couple of treatments when I have some spare cash - just before Christmas is not the best time…

will keep you updated as to what happens after another couple…

When I had my chest doe with the Lightsheer, my practitioner squashed the tip down very firmly. The same amount of force could be used on the legs I would think. There are some other more sensitive body parts where you could probably not press down as hard on.

When compression is used the cooling system is more effective too.

RC

Fleabag, whereabouts in England are you?
London by anychance?
Where did you go to get the treatments? coud you put up a phone number so i can give them a ring please

Also it would be cool if you could put up a picture of how your legs look now after these treatments so we can get an idea of what it looks like since im strongly considering this treatment since my skin and hair is exactly like yours!

[ November 07, 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: LadyPersia ]

Hi LadyPersia,

I’m up North I’m afraid… I got my treatments done at Boots, but they have since closed most of their Wellbeing clinics all over the country, although there may still be some in the London area, as I know they were originally keeping some of them open. If not, a lot of the Boots practitioners have moved to the Advanced Laser Clinics up this way - don’t know if the same thing has happened down there. You could maybe phone them up and see. Unfortunately they don’t use the Lightsheer up this way, but the Aurora, and although RJC has had some good results with it, I have been reluctant to go along and start with a new machine, as I can see the good results I have had already with the Lightsheer, and it would sort of be like starting again with a new type (even though it may be better now the hair is finer…??).

Adding recent photo’s to the webpage is on my “list-of-things-to-do”, but I am a bit slow at getting around to these things… I will try to get it done soon.

Although I have only had 4 treatments, I can see a huge difference in my legs to their original state, and I haven’t performed any sort of hair removal on them for over 3 months now (mind you I don’t run about in shorts either!). My thighs are still far hairier than most women, although the hair is much finer now, but the lower legs and knees are much better. I don’t display them in public, but I am happy to live in the same house with them now, and that makes a huge difference to my self confidence and my life. I feel much more at ease with myself - not in constant loathing of my legs, so although no-one else gets to see them, I know they are different.

Hope this helps, and I will update the photo’s shortly.

Good luck! :wink:

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Fleabag:
<strong>I’m up North I’m afraid… I got my treatments done at Boots, but they have since closed most of their Wellbeing clinics all over the country, although there may still be some in the London area, as I know they were originally keeping some of them open. If not, a lot of the Boots practitioners have moved to the Advanced Laser Clinics up this way - don’t know if the same thing has happened down there. You could maybe phone them up and see. Unfortunately they don’t use the Lightsheer up this way, but the Aurora, and although RJC has had some good results with it, I have been reluctant to go along and start with a new machine, as I can see the good results I have had already with the Lightsheer, </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Hi Fleabag

I started another thread seeking out the Aurora system in England but can’t find any clinics that use it–could you tell me which one you were referring to in your above post?

In addition, could you tell me where the Advanced Laser Clinics are in England as the internet is throwing up no clues!!!

Hi Zambo,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I’ve been away.
The place which uses Aurora is the “Lasercare Clinics”. Here is the phone number for the Leeds branch, but they have branches all over the country. If you go to www.yell.com and do a search for “hair removal” in your own area, you should come up with some results local to yourself. Otherwise give the Leeds branch a ring and I’m sure they would give you the phone numbers of their other branches.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help Fleabag, but are you absolutely sure they employ the Aurora IPL system because according to this, they don’t!

https://www.lasercare-clinics.co.uk/pdfs/press-releases/laserRemoval.pdf

It says they have the Lyra ND: YAG laser plus the ruby and alexandrite!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Fleabag:
<strong>Hi Zambo,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I’ve been away.
The place which uses Aurora is the “Lasercare Clinics”. Here is the phone number for the Leeds branch, but they have branches all over the country. If you go to www.yell.com and do a search for “hair removal” in your own area, you should come up with some results local to yourself. Otherwise give the Leeds branch a ring and I’m sure they would give you the phone numbers of their other branches.
Hope this helps.
Fleabag. :wink: </blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

Hi Zambo,
Why don’t you simply phone them and ask? I spoke to the Leeds branch on the phone and was told by the manager that they use the aurora. I didn’t ask whether this applied to the rest of the country because frankly I didn’t care. I’m sure they will be happy to set you straight if you speak to them.
Fleabag