Lightsheer experience with photos.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Fleabag:
<strong>Hi Zambo,
Why don’t you simply phone them and ask? I spoke to the Leeds branch on the phone and was told by the manager that they use the aurora. I didn’t ask whether this applied to the rest of the country because frankly I didn’t care. I’m sure they will be happy to set you straight if you speak to them.
Fleabag</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>thanks for your response! I did try them once but no-one answered! Maybe because of Xmas, et cetera.

It would be interesting to say the least if the use the Aurora but their prices are good and they get favourable mentions on, ahem, other laser hair removal websites…

I’m just SO dissapointed with clinics like Bare Necessity. I wish we had the kind of LHR practises like they do in the States

Hmph!

Anyway, wanted to ask you about your current state with regard to LHR – how clear are you? (!) As in have the hairs regrown?

Thanks for your help fleabag!!!

Zambo,

In answer to your question about my results at present:
My last (fourth) treatment was in May 2003 and since then I have not shaved or used any form of hair removal at all on my legs. Having said that, I haven’t had them out in shorts or on display either - they have remained covered up!

Although I only had 4 treatments where the recommended is at least 5-6 I can honestly say I am sooooooo pleased I had it done. There really is just NO comparison between what my legs were like before and what they are like now. They seem to have settled down for the moment, with less than 20% of the hair left on the lower legs and maybe 20-25% left on the thighs, however the stuff that is left is much much finer than it used to be. It was very course and jet black and thick before - now it is light and fine (although strangely a bit longer now???). I am not in a position financially at the moment to have the remaining 2 treatments, however I hope to get them done one day! It really has made a huge difference.

I can now wear pale coloured tights and the hair DOES NOT SHOW THROUGH!!! Before I had the treatment my legs looked like some hairy bloke in tights…

There seem to be many varied results posted on this forum - some good, some bad. I can honestly say that so far I am really thrilled with the overall results of the treatments I had, and I’m sure if I had another 2 as recommended, I would be even more pleased if they continued to work as well as the first 4 have.

If you decide to go ahead and get it done, I hope you can be as pleased with your results as I have been with mine. I feel like I have my life back, not hating my legs every time I see them and having to spend hours in the bathroom every week and still coming out with rough stubbly horrible skin. My skin now feels quite smooth, even with the hair still there! No more rough and stubble for meeeeeeeee…!!! :grin:

Just a reminder though - it was not the aurora that was used on me, it was the Lightsheer. And my therapist was a Registered Nurse, not just some “beauty therapist” type who had done a course. I would not consider going anywhere that didn’t have a registered nurse doing the treatments. Even if it costs a little more per session, it is often false economy to go somewhere cheap, as you may need more treatments, have poor results, or be permanently scarred if you go to someone not properly trained and qualified.

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on if you decide to go ahead with it.

Fleabag. :relaxed:

WOW

What an excellent reply!

Thank you so much for your help. I’ll definitely take on board what you said. I’ve done a lot of research into LHR and I know 100% hair removal is, how shall we say, a little TOO ambitious, but a significant hair reduciton seems viable (after a good course of treatments).

I’ll let you know how I get on.

I want to try to thin out my forearm hair and get rid of as much of my upper arm, back and shoulder hair as possible.

I figure it would be arond £350 per treatment (!) but I could pay it off if I went once every couple of months or so.

Again, thanks for all your help and I’ll keep you updated with regards to my progress

:grin: