LHR Diary - on med girl!

its been six weeks since my laser treatment to upper and lower legs and bikini. lower legs and bikini are good with a few missed patches which I can live with! but my upper thighs dont seem to be responding as well. There seems to be alot of pepper spots which I try to squeeze out but nothing happens unlike lower legs the pepper spots just pop out. Also hair is defo growing in some areas (patchy) but in alot of area of my thighs. Maybe I need to lower the pulse setting as LAgirl suggested, the hair is course on upper thighs but not as course as bikini area or lower legs. Could it be new hair coming through? I watched my therapist and she covered all areas with the laser so I know she didnt miss too many spots. Will defo ask for a test patch with a lower pulse setting. Another thing the hair is growing much slower. For example I shaved last Friday and they probably didnt need shaving until the following Tuesday, whereas before laser treatments I needed to shave everyday! Can anyone comment? Has anyone else had upper thighs treated? thanks

This isn’t unusual on finer hair on the legs. Pepperspots should be burned off on your next treatment.

Regardless, you should be using as low of pulse setting as you can handle to guarantee the best results possible. So definitely do it.

Hi everyone, two days ago I went to the laser clinic for the 3rd session on my legs and 4th session on a bikini and belly trail. I am of mediterainian background - olive skin tone not as dark as asian and can burn in sun if not careful. 40 pulse, 21 joules (one up from last time). We also did a test patch at the end of session as LA Girl mentioned it was worth trying. So we tried 30 pulse with 21 joules, which to me I couldnt feel a difference in pain but she tried it on an area with fine hair so maybe thats why. She did it again in a couple of more spots on my legs and then turned it up to 30 pulse with 30 joules which was VERY painful and I know I wouldnt be able to take that. My therapist said that if I respond well to the test patch we could probably do my legs and bikini at 30 pulse and about 25 joules. Now its been 3 days and my legs all over are fine with some slight redness around the hair follicles but any tenderness has gone. I am left with some marks though where the test patch was done in various places. My skin definatley looks redder and the very short hairs look more crusty and burnt. At this point not sure if the skin is burnt need to give it a few more days to see if skin goes brown in colour. any comments most appreciated especially from LA Girl. thanks and good night :slight_smile: but will also keep you informed once shedding takes place.

Those settings sound ok on the alex. On the very coarse hair, they can also try a Yag. You shouldn’t have any side effects on the skin itself. Let us know how shedding goes and how your skin looks in a week or so.

If your skin can handle the setting, but you can’t handle the pain, you should be using a numbing cream, not decreasing the setting.

How are your thighs doing? Are they reacting well with the treatment?
I’d love to just zap thigh hair off too, but that area doesn’t seem to be a success story, so I’m interest to hear how your treatment is going.

Hi Smurf I will keep you posted with how my treatment goes on thighs - I will know more in another 8 weeks on how the hairs have reacted this time to the treatment (3rd treatment).

Lagirl - When I had the test patch I have been left with the brown marks on my skin from the settings being changed to 30/30. My technision to start did a test patch of 30 pulse and 21 joules but on the belly area where hair is finer - My skin is ok there but not sure if thats because the hair is finer? When she turned the joules higher she moved to where the courser hair was and I had already had my treatment there at 40 pulse/21 joules so maybe my skin burnt as it was already sensitive? I may go back for another test patch in a month to see for certain if the skin burns. But anyway shedding has now started which I am excited about :slight_smile: god its like I am wishing my life away waiting for the weeks to pass to become hair free. Let you know how Im getting on soon. thanks

Just an update - Shedding complete now. have few pepper spots and a few hairs growing where they were missed when treatment took place. But I can live with that as hairs are to be missed on such a big area like legs! Keep you posted on how my treatment is going. Happy so far with results. Even thinking of doing underarms.

I would definitely do the underarms, Leo. It shouldn’t be all that expensive.

Hi Smurf
Just to let you know that its been 8 weeks since my last treatment of laser on thighs and lower legs. I would say I have 60% removal on upper thighs and 50% on lower leg. I shaved my legs on Thurs and still very smooth today on upper, lower leg could do with a shave today. I am happy with my results so far. I know I may get more growth back as I go into week 14+ but we will see. I am hoping for one more session on my legs (thighs and down to calf) and then stop laser in that area until I feel the need for a top-up. I have seen really good results on the bikini as well. Would recommend to anyone. I am not expecting to be hair free but just manageable - and no dark shadow after I have shaved. I hated the dark shadow! hope this helps :slight_smile:

today had another test patch on legs. we have decided to stay away from pulse setting of 30 and stick with 40 as I was left with a couple of dark marks on the last test patch. but technision turned the joules up to 22 and 23 with 40 joules. My last treatment we did 21 joules. must say 23 really hurt so not sure if will be able to take that but will try. going back in a month for my treatment.

Hi today I had 5th treatment laser on bikini and 4th on upper and lower legs at 40 pulse, 23 joules - which hurt really bad where the hair is really really course (in crease of bikini area), it hurt so much that she dropped it to 22 joules on crease area of bikini. Skin tender, went very lumpy but seems to have calmed down alot 3 hours later. Let you know how I am getting on in 3 weeks time.

Consider using a numbing cream! Pain shouldn’t prevent you from getting good treatments. Only skin reactions should.

5 weeks since my laser treatment. seen really good results on bikini and quite good results on legs too. I have some growth on upper leg and a bit on lower leg. virtually no growth on bikini area but it is only 5 weeks since last treatment. as it was my 4th session on legs at this point not planning on having any more. but see how it goes by week 15 as I may change my mind. The hair growing back is alot finer and not much there either, I would say 60 to 70% reduction. also some pepperspots from last session still there - they will have to pop out in their own time. My bikini I bought a package and have one more session so will go when I see enough hair there. thanks :slight_smile:

Great news. I would say wait about 12 weeks on bikini to judge at this point.

thanks LAgirl - will let you know how I get on.

I went for laser on my arms/hands and lower back on Tuesday 2nd March - 1st session on both. Decided to try and treat other areas that bother me. not sure what results I will get but just thought I’d give it a try. hair is not course as bikini or legs but is dark. 40 pulse 24 jules. skin very red and bumby after treatment, was like sunburnt skin. red spots where hair follicles are on second day but gone by 3rd day. at moment I can see the hair on my arms where the laser has kind of burnt the hair as left with dark singed short hair. will wait to see if get shedding. bikini line still not enough hair to go for my last pre-paid session so will wait a few more weeks. Legs, well there is hair there but so much less and much more managable and finer. Always had shadow on my legs and had to shave every day but now dont really need to shave till 3rd day. might go for another session on legs before my holidays in May. Keep you posted on progress.

since my laser treatment on back and arms, shedding more or less done, still some hairs there but few which I suppose were missed when I had the treatment and I can see pepper spots on arms. see what growth is like from now onwards. Although I am booked in for another treatment around the end of April, which is about 8 weeks from the first treatment. But then I go on holiday so wont be able to do any more until maybe next winter when my tan has faded. bikini line still looking good - although hair has grown right above my ‘landing’ strip. will need another session there.

Last Tues I had my 5th session on legs, 6th on bikini (but only where needed), lower back as well. we went with 24 joules 40 pulse, but dropped it to 22 on inner bikini area. Good job she dropped it really cos I got a burnt area on my inner bikini. This will be last session I have now for a while as will be having my summer holidays and will tan. Not hoping for any more sessions on legs though and bikini has had fantasic results too. Keep you posted on shedding and regrowth over the summer.
:slight_smile:

Thanks for the update once again!

It sounds like it’s going well! I hope the burn isn’t too bad, ouch!

In which clinic are you having the laser treatments?
Are you just doing the front of the thighs or the back as well?