Latisse to grow back eyebrows

It’s been 10 months and I still have the ugly brows. I’ve been putting Retin-A on nightly and it’s all over the internet now how some doctors have bald men put it on their head to regrow hair. But with the Retin-A I still have a bunch of sparse and bald areas. Today I used an eyeliner pencil to draw how my brows should be and I need at least 1/3 of the current thickness to grow under where the brow is now. I am so depressed and miserable because my looks are ruined. I used have people come up all the time and say I was beautiful, and after years of being insecure I had finally realized how pretty I was and started to feel good in my own skin. Now my eyes look ugly and my face shape looks weird because my brows are wrong. When I drew my brows right my eyes and face looked pretty again, or would have if I had brows instead of obvious pencil. Imagine what would happen to Keira Knightly if an electrologist left her with too thin, assymetrical, pointy brows high above her eyes.

I want my natural brows back. They were so beautiful and I never gave my consent to have them destroyed.

Now I’m trying to order generic Latisse online to see if that could regenerate hairs. However, a doctor on realself.com wrote that Latisse only works on follicles that are able to be affected by its active ingredient. So if you’ve ruined your follicles somehow, it won’t work. But there are people who overplucked and had their eyebrows never grow back who finally got the hairs back with Latisse. So I’m wondering, are my treated follicles completely ruined or is there any chance that they could regenerate with Latisse? Are they destroyed or is it possible that electrolysis on brows just damages the follicle to the extent that overplucking does, and therefore Latisse could regenerate them? And do potential follicles exist on the eyebrows like on the rest of the body, so that I could activate new follicles in the area I need?

Please give me your truthful opinion and not false hope. Other than this my only option is an eyebrow transplant which never look natural but are better than pencil. My original brows were so beautiful and I never wanted to lose those hairs. I hate looking at myself in the mirror now. It’s like if someone did plastic surgery on my nose without my consent and left me looking ugly and not like myself. That electrologist committed a crime against me and violated my body and my right to keep the features I was born with. I can’t understand how she could do something like that to another human being.

I wish I had never done electrolysis. I would rather pluck every day and feel beautiful than to not have facial hair and have an eyebrow transplant. Which I probably won’t be able to afford till I’m in my 30s.

I don’t know if it will work, but generic latisse online is only ten dollars (careprost is the name instead of lumigan, no prescription needed), so you can give it a try.

You may end up with some permanent pigmentation there, but that might be a good thing anyway. Just be REALLY FREAKING CAREFUL when you apply it or you’ll have hairy cheeks and forehead and pigmentation all around your eye.

I was considering the same thing for my eyebrows (they are not over-plucked or damaged, they are just so sparse at the ends that I have to pencil them or it looks like they aren’t there). I wasn’t giving it too much serious thought though because latisse stops working as soon as you stop using it, so it’s a lifetime commitment of perfect applications and dealing with all the excess thickening/lengthening of the rest of my brows.

I tried to go to sleep but was crying and trying to figure out WHY she would do this to me. And then it came to me–because she could. Because she knew I wouldn’t be able to do anything to her. Because we electrologist clients are in an extremely vulnerable position since we have secret socially unacceptable problems that we’re trying to get rid of, and so we can’t report abuse. Why didn’t anybody on this forum advise me to sue her or report her so her license would be revoked, back when I first reported what happened?

When I came in the day that she did the 3rd treatment on my eyebrows, it was obvious that she was in a horrible mood. And then when I drew the big outline with eyeliner containing enough room for my brows at their bushiest with room to spare, she asked in an irritated tone of voice, “Do you want me to do inside or outside the line?” Of course I said outside, and she knew that already since I had done the outline and explained to her from the first treatment that I was being conservative and wanted to save all the hairs that I could possibly ever want. Can you imagine the reverse? “INSIDE, please. I want you to remove every trace of my brows so that all that’s left are a few strays on my forehead, unibrow area, and close to my eyes”.

She KNEW that all the hairs she treated would be gone forever, and that I didn’t want her to touch my brows. And yet she took off more than 1/3 of my brows. Like she thought she was some sort of celebrity brow guru who anyone would want to permanently shape their brows even if they had said no. But in reality she is extremely untalented and gave me a horribly unflattering shape. Then she wiped off the eyeliner outline before she gave me the mirror to hide the proof of what she’d done. And left a bunch of the hairs that I had actually requested that she remove (the stragglers and unibrow).

So she ruined my looks in a matter of minutes, and what does it matter to her? Electrologists aren’t held accountable for anything. If she actually worked for a business, she would have been fired and have a hell of a time finding another job for what she did. But she works for herself and if I don’t come back there’s another hairy person born every minute. And these are the people who become electrologists. The kind of people who can’t work a regular job where they’re held accountable. And I wonder if she is mentally ill like that Kimberly Williams Boston Electrolysis woman, but no, it’s just that she doesn’t care because she’s the kind of person who feels no guilt over violating others and knows she won’t be held accountable.

And I am left feeling so miserable. I had other physical flaws but they were genetic so I had time to get used to them and since there’s nothing you could do they’re easier to accept and even appreciate to a point. But losing the beauty of my face on the whim of a stranger? Ruining a feature I loved, and through them my entire face and entire look? I want the face I was born with back. It’s miserable to have been beautiful and to be so close to being beautiful but to be plain because your brows mess up your face. And it makes me want to die because I had so many problems in my life but at least I always felt good about my appearance and had that reason to be hopeful. And now I walk around feeling ugly and hating to look in the mirror.

And I went through so much pain and bullshit in life from people who did horrible things to me because they were jealous, and now I am the jealous one. I was in a store today and heard some teenagers talking about how they waxed their brows, and I felt such jealousy that they can still make their brows how they want.

A doctor on another site said that Latisse won’t work on follicles that electrolysis killed. And an eyebrow transplant from a top doctor is at least $5,000. It’ll take years to get that kind of money, and so I’ll have to finish my 20s feeling ugly and even if the results are good, I’ve never seen examples of eyebrow transplants with the kind of delicate shape that my brows had. They’re head hair and look like it. And I don’t want to think of how weird they could look being 2/3 real brows and 1/3 transplanted head hair.

And I think, this is my life. This is how my life turned out. This is the kind of stupid, ugly event that ended up happening and ruining all the hard work I had put into having the kind of life that I wanted and being who I wanted to be.

What made her think she could give the kind of brow shape I’d be happy with for the rest of my life with my eyes closed? When she barely knew me, my face, my style? Without time between hairs to stop and consider the results? WHEN I HAD TOLD HER I DIDN’T WANT HER TO TOUCH MY BROWS. I never in my life let anyone else touch my brows. I always did them myself, and people would ask who did them and say I did a good job.

These past 10 months I’d get depressed whenever I’d think about my brows, and the way I got through it was by telling myself that I didn’t have time to think about it and throwing myself into my obligations. I was able to do that because I had hope that the hairs would grow back. Now I don’t, and I don’t want to get out of bed in the morning, but I do because I have to somehow get the money for a transplant. And in the meantime I try to be invisible.

People mentioned that Rogaine could work for this. Have you considered it?

Latisse and Rogaine don’t regenerate follicles. They make other nearby follicles start producing hair. Your body has thousands of dormant follicles.

There is a product for women called Eyebrow Rogaine. You need to apply it 2 times a day for four months to see results. You must not get it in your eyes!!!

Latisse is for eyelashes. Unless some new announcement has come out I am not aware that it can be used for eyebrows.

You do not have an autoimmune situation, so Eyebrow Rograine may be the first step before an expensive transplant. Be sure and research all this well.

Candela, your latisse question was on Realself.com yesterday, wasn’t it? At least, I am almost sure it was yours. The doctor acknowledged that the follicles were killed, but he didn’t mention all the dormant ones that were presumably not killed. Latisse only works on stimulated follicles (it keeps hair in the growth phase longer, but doesn’t stimulate brand new hairs to my knowledge), but rogaine could stimulate the follicles and then you could use latisse to thicken them up and keep them going I bet (it’s a better option than using rogaine long term).

I say it’s worth a shot if you are this miserable. What do your eyebrows look like? If you use powder to fill them in, people shouldn’t be able to tell that they aren’t real hair from a conversational-distance. I have gotten very good at mixing a pencil with eyeshadow powder to make a natural look. Nobody knows I draw them on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dee, Latisse is used on eyebrows pretty commonly. It’s an off-label use, you’re right, but off-label uses are allowed in prescription meds that are FDA approved for similar uses based on doctor judgment, so many doctors give their patients the go ahead for it (as long as they apply it carefully). And the photos I’ve seen indicate it works decently enough on that area. Still a pain though.

I’ve thought about Rogaine, but another poster who had her eyebrows ruined by an electrologist told me that after using it for 10 months she only got really fine hairs back and is still planning to get an eyebrow transplant. And she only is missing hairs on the inner and outer ends while I have the entire bottom 1/3 to replace. Also it is supposed to work by increasing blood flow and Retin-A, which I have been using for the past 10 months, does the same thing.

A woman on another board who lost hair from overplucking used Rogaine and also only got fine hairs back. It makes sense because if it was so easy to replace eyebrows by stimulating dormant follicles, no one would get eyebrow transplants.

Rogaine may stimulate fine hairs. That’s why I specifically said to switch to latisse once they are stimulated. Latisse will make hairs longer, thicker, and darker, remember? But you have to stimulate them FIRST. It’s okay that they are thin, latisse will thicken them, theoretically. That’s sort of the whole point.

I’m hoping the Latisse will make the baby fine hairs thicker, but I asked a doctor and she said that the fine hairs will remain the same. I think this is because Latisse makes hairs bigger by keeping them in anagen, and baby fine hairs are tiny even in anagen. But at least Latisse is supposed to bring out all the hairs from your surviving follicles at the same time, although then they also shed all at the same time.

I don’t know why you are saying not to use Latisse on eyebrows when before I thought you supported someone’s suggestion that I use it.

The side effects of Latisse are actually less scary than those of Rogaine as Latisse is glaucoma medication and Rogaine is for high blood pressure. I would still risk it to have the chance to have real brow hairs instead of transplanted head hair.

I had the same hope as you about first using Rogaine and then Latisse, but a doctor told me that Latisse shouldn’t make baby fine hairs bigger.

You’re right about the Latisse. I sent a message to my Kaiser doctor telling her what happened and she gave me a prescription.

Latisse keeps follicles in the growing stage, so at the very least, it will make them significantly longer and probably darker. It may or may not thicken them (usually the longer hairs grow, the thicker the base appears). I still say it’s worth a try for 10 bucks. Do you REALLY have a single thing to lose? Nah.

I DIDN’T recommend Latisse for your eyebrows! Eyebrows are not eyelashes. I was referring to eyelashes only in that thread. I can find nothing to support it’s use for thin eyebrows, but I suppose theoretically it can work and hope it does what you want. Here’s my exact words from the thread you cite:

[i]"This stuff really works. It is amazing! Be careful though if you have blue or green eyes because it can darken the iris if it gets in your eye. This is permanent. This all started with a drug used for glaucoma called Lumigan. Patients noticed their eyelashes were getting longer and thus Latisse was born! Other potential side effects with Latisse may be seen, such as darkening of eyelid skin (this may be reversible once stopped).

A good price is about $90 for a tube."[/i]

90% of the uses of aspirin are off-label too. Off-label is totally not an issue, and 100% legal. We’re not advising anything shady. Pretty much everywhere that sells Latisse will tell you they give it to patients who use it on their brows (at least all the ones I know of). The results in this area are mixed but seem to be pretty good overall with no major side effects. There is a chance of skin darkening, but that’s kind of a good thing anyway if you’re trying to make your brows appear less sparse.

I didn’t allude that you were advising anything shady. My comments come purely from what I have read quickley about the product. If you have time, could either of you provide written information from the the manufacturers about use of these eyelash enhancers for eyebrow hair. I do believe your word of mouth comments for now, but it may be of comfort for our readers to see some guidelines, in writing, from the makers of Latisse or the off brand. It would be time well spent to get some guidelines for consumers. We shouldn’t be throwing around information that is not confirmed. I will research, too, as I haven’t put alot of effort in this subject. It does sound interesting and how wonderful if it actually works well over time.

It’s not endorsed by the manufacturer, that’s the whole point of “off-label”. They can’t technically market it as that because they only pursued FDA approval for another use (in this case, upper eyelid use), so they put it up to the doctor’s discretion (Doctor’s ARE allowed to market and advertise an off label use of a product, it’s part of the perks of being a real bonafide doctor) as long as they don’t claim that their advertisements for eyebrow enhancement are endorsed by latisse personally.

Tons of medical advancements that would take a long time to get FDA safety approval due to their classification take a shorter route by getting approved for something else, but with full intentions by everyone involved to use them off-label. The are certified safe, but not allowed to be marketed (by the original company only), so the practices do their own marketing.

Examples include zeltiq (used perfectly for weightloss but FDA approved for post-surgery healing) and similar machines, retin-a (approved for acne management but used off label for wrinkle reduction and collagen building) and similar products, and spironolactone (approved for hypertension and heart failure, but prescribed much more often to treat PCOS symptoms and hormonal imbalances). There are thousands more but I don’t happen to have them memorized. Easy enough to look up though if you’d like.

Again these are legal and approved uses with pharmacy instructions and insurance-endorsed prescriptions (in the case of non cosmetic drugs at least) and everything else. They are just not advertised by the original manufacturers to prevent the FDA from fining them (manufacturers get fined if they advertise for a use that the FDA didn’t approve, but FDA approval is expensive, so the onus is on the doctors to promote the product). It has nothing to do with the manufacturers or FDA feeling it’s unsafe. It’s just that getting FDA certified is expensive and so it’s a money game like everything else.

“The FDA does not have the legal authority to regulate the practice of the medicine, and the physician may prescribe a drug off label. Contrary to popular notion, it is legal in the United States and in many other countries to use drugs off label[…]. While it would be legal for a physician to independently decide to prescribe a drug […] off-label, it is illegal for the company to promote off-label uses to prescribers.”

“Off-label use of medications is very common. Up to one-fifth of all drugs are prescribed off label and amongst psychiatric drugs, off-label use rises to 31 %.[5] New drugs are often not tested for safety and efficacy specifically in children. Therefore, it is believed that 50-75% of all medications prescribed by pediatricians in the U.S. are for off-label indications.”

The FDA endorses off-label use, for the record. It’s their official policy to encourage doctors to use their judgment and write off-label prescriptions if the doctors want to.

See more at the wikipedia link here, including a list of examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-label_use

This doesn’t mean you have to personally trust doctor judgment when they prescribe something for off-label use for really risky or untested drugs (doctors make mistakes). That’s a personal choice and many people are skeptical of ON-label uses, let alone off-label.

But Latisse ain’t exactly risky since it’s safe for sensitive eyelid skin and the eyes themselves.

Studies may have been started for eyebrow use of this drug. I think we are together on the fact that the patient and physician should work closely on using this drug for any use that is not clearly stated in package insert literature. That’s why doctors call what they do “the PRACTICE of medicine” - there are many things they don’t know about and what works for some may be the wrong approach for others. I don’t want any readers grabbing their friend’s off-brand product and using it on their thin eyebrow hair. Thats my intention by participating in this thread. I’m naturally cautious about such things and for good reason.

For our readers to peruse:

Real women, just like you, want to know more about LATISSE®. Here are some of the most common questions real women have asked — and the real answers they’re looking for. And if you want to know more, see the Frequently Asked Questions below.

Could LATISSE® cause the color of my eyes to change?
Increased brown iris pigmentation has occurred when the same formulation of bimatoprost ophthalmic solution was instilled directly into the eye to treat elevated intraocular pressure. Although iris pigmentation was not reported in clinical studies with LATISSE®, patients should be advised about the potential for increased brown iris pigmentation which is likely permanent.

Is LATISSE® an eye drop?
LATISSE® solution is applied topically, along the skin of the upper eyelashes. It is not intended for use in the eyes, but if some solution gets into your eye, you do not need to rinse it. See the full instructions in How to Apply, and apply as instructed by your doctor.

If I apply more LATISSE®, will I get faster results?
No. LATISSE® works gradually over the 16-week treatment period. Use of LATISSE® more than once a day will not increase the growth of eyelashes. Please follow the directions, as instructed by your doctor.

Since LATISSE® is relatively new, should I wait before using it?
LATISSE® received its FDA approval in December 2008, after a team of 16 experienced doctors from all over the country conducted clinical studies. LATISSE® is from Allergan, a specialty pharmaceutical company. Approximately 1.5 million kits of LATISSE® have been sold.

What is Allergan?
Allergan is a leader in the pharmaceutical industry, with over 60 years of eye care expertise.

Could it darken my eyelids?
Skin hyperpigmention (or skin darkening) is a less common side effect, which typically occurs close to where the solution is applied on the skin. This is due to an increase of melanin in the skin. The pigmentation is expected to increase as long as bimatoprost is administered, but has been reported to be reversible in most patients upon discontinuation of bimatoprost.

Can it harm my eyesight?
LATISSE® is an ophthalmic solution. If any solution gets into the eye, it is not expected to cause harm. You do not need to rinse your eyes. LATISSE® is not an eye drop. DO NOT APPLY in your eye or to the lower lid.

Who besides a specialist can prescribe LATISSE®?
Many different types of doctors can prescribe LATISSE®, including dermatologists, plastic surgeons, ophthalmologists, OB/GYNs and primary care doctors. However, not all doctors may be familiar with it. To find one who is, use the Find-A-Doctor tool.

How is LATISSE® different from over-the-counter products for lash growth?
LATISSE® is the first and only FDA-approved prescription treatment for inadequate or not enough lashes, growing them longer, fuller and darker.

Is LATISSE® a replacement for mascara?
No. LATISSE® does not work in place of mascara. LATISSE® is a solution treatment for inadequate or not enough lashes and requires a prescription from a doctor. However, mascara can be used on your eyelashes in addition to LATISSE®.

What does LATISSE® cost?
One LATISSE® kit costs approximately $120. Ask your doctor whether he or she offers any additional discounts. For more ways to save, join LashPerks to get updates on special discounts and promotions.

Do I need to refill my LATISSE® prescription every month?
To achieve the full effect of LATISSE® — longer, fuller, darker lashes — you will need to use the product daily for 16 weeks. After that point, you should talk to your doctor about ongoing use.

Does Brooke Shields really use LATISSE®?
Yes. Brooke Shields has been using LATISSE®.

Are the lashes in the Before & After LATISSE® photos retouched?
The results you see posted in all of our Before & After Galleries are real photographs of actual LATISSE® users without mascara. Their lashes have not been retouched or altered in any way.

What happens if I stop using LATISSE®?
If you stop using LATISSE®, your eyelashes are expected to return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Want to know more? Here are the answers to some other common questions.

Collapse All
What is LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03%?
LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker.
What is hypotrichosis?
Hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes.
How was LATISSE® discovered?
It’s a story of how one great product led to another. In 2001, Allergan developed a medicated eye drop used to treat ocular hypertension. Then, a side effect was discovered — patients began growing longer, fuller and darker lashes. This led Allergan to study the active ingredient in this other product, and after a clinical trial, LATISSE® was born, earning its FDA approval in December 2008.
How does LATISSE® work?
LATISSE® is believed to affect the growth (anagen) phase of the eyelash hair cycle in two ways: first, it increases the length of this phase; and second, it increases the number of hairs in this growth phase. The exact way it works is unknown.
Is LATISSE® effective?
The LATISSE® clinical study was conducted at 16 sites across the country and included 278 participants, featuring women and men of various ages (22 to 78), backgrounds and eye colors. Throughout the course of the 16-week treatments, each participant was photographed and evaluated at 4-week intervals (week 0 to week 16) for differences in their overall lash prominence, including elements of length, thickness and fullness. At 16 weeks, the results showed that LATISSE® was effective for 78% of those participating, versus 18% for the vehicle group. Vehicle is the same as LATISSE®, without its active ingredient.
How soon will I see results?
LATISSE® users may start to see longer lashes at 4 weeks, with full growth at 16 weeks. The growth is gradual over time.
How do I apply LATISSE®?
LATISSE® solution is a once-a-day treatment you apply yourself each evening to the base of the upper eyelashes. DO NOT APPLY in your eye or to the lower lid, because excess hair growth outside the treatment area may occur. See the full instructions in How to Apply, and apply as instructed by your doctor.
Why do the directions say to only apply LATISSE® solution to the base of the upper eyelashes?
The clinical studies of LATISSE® were conducted on patients who applied the product to the base of their upper lashes only. DO NOT APPLY in your eye or to the lower lid. There is the potential for hair growth to occur in areas where LATISSE® solution comes in repeated contact with the skin surface. It is important to apply LATISSE® only to the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the base of the eyelashes using the accompanying sterile applicators, and to carefully blot any excess LATISSE® from the eyelid margin to avoid its running onto the cheek or other skin areas.
What if I forget to apply one night? Or a few nights?
If you miss an application, or a few, don’t try to catch up. Just apply the LATISSE® treatment the next evening and stay on schedule.
How do I maintain my results?
To achieve the full effect of LATISSE®, you will need to use the product daily for 16 weeks. After that point, you can talk to your doctor about ongoing use.
What should I do if I wear contact lenses?
Contact lens wearers can use LATISSE®. They need to remove their lenses before applying the solution and can reinsert their contacts 15 minutes afterwards.
Are there many LATISSE® users?
Yes. In its first year alone, approximately 1.5 million bottles of LATISSE® were prescribed.
What are the possible side effects of LATISSE®?
The most common side effects after using LATISSE® solution are an itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness. This was reported in approximately 4% of patients. LATISSE® solution may cause other less common side effects which typically occur on the skin close to where LATISSE® is applied, or in the eyes. These include skin darkening, eye irritation, dryness of the eyes, and redness of the eyelids.

If you develop a new ocular condition (e.g., trauma or infection), experience a sudden decrease in visual acuity, have ocular surgery, or develop any ocular reactions, particularly conjunctivitis and eyelid reactions, you should immediately seek your physician’s advice concerning the continued use of LATISSE® solution.
Are there any special warnings associated with LATISSE® use?
LATISSE® solution is intended for use on the skin of the upper eyelid margins at the base of the eyelashes. Refer to the illustration below. DO NOT APPLY to the lower eyelid. If you are using other products in the same class for elevated intraocular pressure (IOP), or if you have a history of abnormal IOP, you should only use LATISSE® under the close supervision of your physician.

LATISSE® use may cause darkening of the eyelid skin which may be reversible. LATISSE® use may also cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye which is likely to be permanent.

It is possible for hair growth to occur in other areas of your skin that LATISSE® frequently touches. Any excess solution outside the upper eyelid margin should be blotted with a tissue or other absorbent material to reduce the chance of this from happening. It is also possible for a difference in eyelash length, thickness, fullness, pigmentation (darkness), number of eyelash hairs, and/or direction of eyelash growth to occur between eyes (e.g. results may vary for each eye). These differences, should they occur, will usually go away if you stop using LATISSE®.
What should I do if I get LATISSE® into my eye?
LATISSE® solution is an ophthalmic drug product. If any gets into the eye, it is not expected to cause harm. The eye does not need to be rinsed.
Who should NOT use LATISSE®?
Do not use LATISSE® solution if you are allergic to one of its ingredients.
What are the ingredients in LATISSE®?
Active ingredient: bimatoprost
Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride; sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8 - 7.8.
What is elevated intraocular pressure (IOP)?
This is a condition where the pressure inside the eye is higher than normal. LATISSE® may decrease IOP. So talk to your doctor if you are using IOP-lowering medications. Concurrent administration of LATISSE® and certain IOP-lowering medications in ocular hypertensive patients should be closely monitored for changes in intraocular pressure.
What should I do if I experience eye redness?
Eye redness may occur immediately after use. Consult your doctor if the redness persists or you notice other symptoms as well. If you develop a new eye condition (e.g. trauma or infection), experience a sudden decrease in visual acuity, have eye surgery, or develop any eye reactions, particularly conjunctivitis and eyelid reactions, you should immediately seek your physician’s advice concerning the continued use of LATISSE®.
What should I do if I experience eye itching?
Eye itching may occur immediately after use. Consult your doctor if the itching persists or you notice other symptoms as well. If you develop a new eye condition (e.g. trauma or infection), experience a sudden decrease in visual acuity, have eye surgery, or develop any eye reactions, particularly conjunctivitis and eyelid reactions, you should immediately seek your physician’s advice concerning the continued use of LATISSE®.

LATISSE® Indication
LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker.
Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes.
LATISSE® Important Safety Information
If you are using, or have used, prescription products for any eye pressure problems, only use LATISSE® under close doctor care. Although not seen in LATISSE® clinical studies, may cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye which is likely permanent. Eyelid skin darkening may occur which may be reversible. Only apply at the base of the upper eyelashes. DO NOT APPLY to the lower eyelid. Hair growth may occur in other skin areas that LATISSE® solution frequently touches. If you develop or experience any eye problems or have eye surgery, consult your doctor immediately about continued use of LATISSE®. The most common side effects after using LATISSE® solution are itchy eyes and/or eye redness. If discontinued, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.
Please click here for full LATISSE® Prescribing Information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

As I said, the FDA automatically approves Latisse for eyebrows if recommended/prescribed by a doctor (FDA regulates advertising the product, they can NOT dictate how a doctor chooses to treat his patients, they are NOT your doctor). Candela has no problem getting it prescribed by a doctor, and thus she should give it a shot, presumably after trying rogaine first (which I think is more common for her problem).

Now there’s a bunch of information online about how doctors are prescribing Retin-A for their bald patients, or Retin-A mixed with Rogaine.

One doctor online said that in her experience Latisse works on eyebrows for 50% of patients. It also says online that the makers of Latisse are working on a formula specifically for eyebrows.

I’m having a horrible time finding makeup to fill in my brows. I tried a marker from Paula’s choice, pencils from MAC, and yesterday I tried pencils, powder, and markers from Anastasia. It looks fake on me. Probably a big part of the problem is that I have so much space to fill, but also I can’t remember ever seeing brow makeup on pictures of actresses with my color brows (ashy dark brown almost black). It ends up emphasizing the brow too much.

I would not say that Rogaine is more common for my problem. It’s used by women who overpluck and want their hairs to grow back faster. You can’t grow back hairs from killed follicles with anything, and that’s probably why the poster who tried it only got fine hairs back. Both Rogaine and Latisse are shots in the dark.