Lasting results

Is there anyone on here that has not required touch ups after going to Electrologist ctrolysis for an area? I’m in my early 30s. I started my face and now I’m worried I’ll be doing this for life. Also has anyone noticed the hair becomes more coarse as you start Electrolysis. I did one side of my face with Electrolysis and not the other abd the side I did appears to be darker hairs emerging. I didn’t feel plucking when she did it but I sure notice now it’s darker on that side.

Electrolysis, (in my case) has indeed been ongoing and I’m thankful it exists.
Look at it as regular maintenance such as hair cuts and manicures, etc.

Take a deep breath: it may get worse with hormonal changes.
I hope you’ve sought medical treatment such as dermatology and/or
endocrinology.

Hmm. If I may ask do you have any hormone issues? I had mine checked and it’s ok. Well shoot. I don’t want to have to do this for life. I had laserinduced growth.

I really wonder about this, too. I had my hormones checked and nothing is wrong. Supposed that they don’t change as I age, why would there be a need for touch ups? Will this nightmare of having unwanted hair never end?

Your hirsutism might be ‘idiopathic,’ meaning there’s no known reason.

Do any methods work better to keep it permanently gone?

when performed correctly, all electrolysis modes provide the same efficacy. No new hair growth in the treated follicle is the same no matter how you got there.

Thank you

I can understand that electrolysis does work but there are so many mixed messages that I’m hearing

Like it would take between 12 - 18 months to get rid of the hair but I hear more often than not that people have been seeing their electrolysis for years and years and are having to get touch ups every year

It feels pretty hopeless because to me that does not sound like permnament hair removal

Please don’t see this post as me having a go at the electrolysis community - it’s just a lot of mixed messages and I’m trying to see clear which one is the correct one

Do the people who need touch ups most likely have hormone issues? So if you don’t have these issues you won’t have to worry about getting touch ups once you complete your course of treatments?

Sorry about the rant

I had electrolysis on the chin area for about 9 months (with good results) I stopped due to financial reasons, I got a DIY kit (One Touch) I was lucky that the hairs were easy to see and I was able to treat meself. After over a year of DIY-ing I’m still getting the odd hair.

This is how I feel too. I’m seeing the same thing. Is this really permanent???

To you about the Chin growth do you still have the same amount of hair?

Stephgold,

The chin has the densest number of hair follicles of anywhere on the human body. It is a process that takes a MINIMUM of 12-18 months to overcome. If you do not have enough treatment to clear all the hair regularly over each 3 month periodm the time will be extended over which hair removal takes place.

Inflammation, is not anything to be worried about. IT happens as part of the process. In all cases the skin quality improves over the time electrolysis is performed.

While anxiety over skin reaction, the process, is all completely normal, the anxiety itself does not serve you well. The best way to overcome such anxiety is to get all the information about how the process works you can. Dont let the aniety get in your way.

I’m pretty sure I know who your electrologist is ( in the UK, first name starts with G correct?) . I can tell you she is a well qualified electrologist who knows her material very well, and she is the BEST person to explain the process to you and help you overcome the hair removal anxiety you seem to be experiencing.Have faith in what she is telling you.

Have faith in the process. Electrolysis works. You will not be left marked or scarred, and inflamation dininishes soon after treatment. IT is the ONLY way to completely remove all the bothersome hair. Having been through a full beard removal myself ( as a DIY project no less) I can unequivocally state that if you stick with the treatments, and have faith in the process, it WILL work and you will be left with a perfect result. Listen to what your electrologist is telling you, and know that you are on the right path to be rid of this problem.

Seana

I had some heavy facial hair removed as well as work on my eyebrows and other areas. It’s coming up on 20 years since I had these areas treated, and they are just as clear now as they were when I finished treatment. Like a lot of women I will occasionally find that a little blonde lip hair has gotten a bit darker or something and will have it zapped, but these are not “old hairs” returning but new ones caused by hormonal fluctuations. I am living proof that electrolysis is permanent.

Very encouraging to hear this!!!

I had some heavy facial hair removed as well as work on my eyebrows and other areas. It’s coming up on 20 years since I had these areas treated, and they are just as clear now as they were when I finished treatment. Like a lot of women I will occasionally find that a little blonde lip hair has gotten a bit darker or something and will have it zapped, but these are not “old hairs” returning but new ones caused by hormonal fluctuations. I am living proof that electrolysis is permanent. [/quote]

Wait so they used galvanic on you? I want to hear from someone who had thermolysis dome that has these results but from what I understand thermolysis is newer method.

Josepha did the work on werenotafraid if I recall correctly, and no. she does not use galvanic alone generally from what I’ve seen. She generally uses thermolysis or blend.

I had some heavy facial hair removed as well as work on my eyebrows and other areas. It’s coming up on 20 years since I had these areas treated, and they are just as clear now as they were when I finished treatment. Like a lot of women I will occasionally find that a little blonde lip hair has gotten a bit darker or something and will have it zapped, but these are not “old hairs” returning but new ones caused by hormonal fluctuations. I am living proof that electrolysis is permanent. [/quote]

Wait so they used galvanic on you? I want to hear from someone who had thermolysis dome that has these results but from what I understand thermolysis is newer method. [/quote]

No, I have never had galvanic electrolysis in my life. My facial work was done by several practitioners, mostly in the South, some of which are still active and some of which are not. Thermolysis is at least 80 years old so not sure how “new” it is. That’s all I had until I moved to the West Coast, where Blend is more popular. Honestly both methods seem to work about the same, though I think Blend might be slightly better on coarse, deep hairs. However, I also had way more side effects with Blend and have gone back to thermolysis exclusively. Right now I am having some bikini line work done and will soon start my underarms I hope. So yes, you are hearing from someone who had thermolysis done that had these results.

Awesome!!! Super encouraging!!! Did you have any acne, lots of skin changes during treatment too? What did you use to get rid of it all, of so.

A KLM and Pan Am jumbo jet collided in Tenerife and killed hundreds, and therefor you must never fly with KLM or Pan Am? A terrorist blew up a 747 over Scotland, therefore you must never go on a 747.

When clients talk about “modality” the logic is about the same as what I stated above.

Yes, I know you all want the magic answer … but there is no “magic answer.” I don’t know how many millions of times this has been reiterated, but I’ll let “my Dee Dee” take it from here: she’s the best at answering this unending “thing.”

I’m beginning to suspect that electrologists are the “victim” of their own nonsense? How else would this “modality crap” even exist if our own ranks (including the schools) weren’t perpetrating the myths and misinformation?