Lasting results

Haha! Yes, Mike.

Well, it’s true that we all have our favorite modalities, but the consumer needs to understand that ALL modalities lead to permanent hair removal. There are several kinds of energy and recipes that we can use to do electrolysis and there can be sub-divisions , within a modality, which is just awesome.

All modalities can cause TEMPORARY skin reactions - swelling, redness, small scabs that can be mixed with medium and large scabs, especially for body work. There can be little red dots (angiogenesis) perhaps for a couple months, for body work especially. People freak out about these dots on their fingers and toes, but they don’t need to! The red dots or hyperpigmentation will fade away and the skin will be clear, beautiful and hair-free forever. That’s a promise.

Some people have skin that barely reacts to any modality of electrolysis. They can get thermolysis, blend and galvanic and do well with the healing afterwards.
I encourage people NOT to get electrolysis if they can’t be realistic about accepting some TEMPORARY skin reaction. Electrolysis is the gold standard for permanent hair removal. If one cannot relax and accept the truths of getting from Point A to Point Z, with the only thing on earth that can treat every STRUCTURE of hair and any COLOR of hair on any COLOR OF SKIN, complete with some TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS (perhaps?), then they need to move on and do something temporary.

Another option is to accept yourself as you are and do nothing.

Smooch!

I never had acne or “skin changes.” Just the usual temporary redness and swelling you would expect from electrolysis. I treated my skin after each session with witch hazel and not much else, though I seem to recall using polysporin on my upper lip (which I would not recommend.)

When I did my first clearing on my breast I had hyperpigmentation that lasted MONTHS and it was not permanent. I’m not telling you I was concerned during the “recovery” time. It is normal process and I can happen in a category of people. Especially the one prone to hyperpigmentation.