Is Electrolysis on the following areas safe?

Dear all,

I have quick questions that i would like YES or NO answers if possible.
If the answer is NO, any short feedback on why (is really appreciated).

Hope my directness is not taken as boldness, but this is something i need cleared out.

• Is Electrolysis on the Penis safe?
  • Is Electrolysis on the testicles safe?
  • Is Electrolysis on the upper part of the eyebrows and between the eyebrows safe?
  • Is Electrolysis on the ears safe?

Thank you very much in advance for chiming in.

all the areas you have listed I have treated safely with electrolysis. The answer is its safe for all areas.

2 Likes

Considering you’re a HairTell Pro with lot’s of experience, I trust your feedback!
I was mostly concerned about the testicles and possible infertility, but i read no negative reviews on it, so i feel more confident about doing it.

Thank you!

Is it OK to do electrolysis during summer (knowing the wait time before getting sun is 1 month), or i should wait for October to start, and finish in May?

Sun exposure will not affect electrolysis treatments unless you are sunburned. “finish in May?”

By “finish in May” i meant to start October this year, and finish in May 2022 before the sun light gets stronger with summer.

I enjoy working out on the outside without being worried to stay away from sun exposure for 1 month after the treated area.

But from what i understood this is not needed as long as i use sun cream, correct?

How do you conclude you will be finished in May 2022 if you start electrolysis in October 2021?

1 Like

Thats not what i mean.
I stop in May and continue in October 2022.
I just stop the process in the hot summer months. Basically that’s it.

I had electrolysis done on the areas you question. There is absolutely no safety risk of infertility or any harm to health. You have to remember that electrolysis only deals with superficial layers of the skin where at maximum a 6mm insertion of a probe to an existing hair follicle which only does very controlled and localized damage to the tiny area of a follicle and nothing beyond that. You can’t cause infertility with electrolysis even you tried hard.

1 Like

Yes, to all your questions. Permanent hair REMOVAl per one or all of the forms of electrolysis is completely safe and has been for the 150 + year history of billions of people having electrolysis . You can do it year round. There is no need to stop.

1 Like

People have electrolysis during the summer all the time. There is no reason to put your treatments on hold. Electrolysis does not require you to stay out of the sun.

Great to know you personally got it done without side effects.
That’s the best feedback i could get to be honest.

Did you get long lasting results? I know electrolysis aims at lifetime removal. Has this been your case?
How long ago did you do your last procedure?

That’s great to know!
I will at least use sun-cream on the treated area.

It’s permanent. Period. That doesn’t mean that hair that was very small and colorless, that was present at the time the bothersome hairs were removed, cannot stimulate somewhere down your life timeline.

1 Like

Yes the results are permanent, there is no going back for me. I can’t remember how long after last treatments. I started treating areas at different periods over the years. Some areas are clear for more than 4 years now.

1 Like

You may have electrolysis safely performed on all those areas.

Okay I’m a bit confused on the motivation to stop during specific seasons but at best this would be detrimental to the electrolysis process. I will say that where sun exposure is a concern is a concern sun screen isnt my first go to, covering clothing is. In general , at least immediately following an electrolysis session, it’s preferable not to put anything that does not need to be directly on the treated area, for at least 24 hours after treatment. Contamination of the treatment site can cause a range of issues including whiteheads and infection of the healing skin. I’m confused why someone would use sunscreen on the genitals post treatment though, there’s really no need with covering clothing, I guess unless you happen to go to a lot of nude beaches . There is however no concern for infertility, no concern for additional skin cancer or anything else. As always protecting the skin from regular UV exposure is always recommended, but does not always need to be in the form of sunscreen unless that skin is exposed to the sun ( IE uncovered by clothing)

Side effects? Electrolysis DOES have side effects, but they are NORMAL and temporary. Mike Bono can probably tell the story better than I, but at one time there was an electrologist to the stars in Los Angeles named Daniel Eastman. When asked by a client about side effects, he stated: “Dahling, you’re going to be a horror story,” which is overly dramatic, however, your skin can be red, bumpy irritated, and sometimes slightly swollen for a few hours to a few days. If you get hung up on side effects, you will never enjoy the benefits of electrolysis. It’s funny how people that get hung up on side effects of electrolysis are the same ones that will have a facelift, look like they have been in a plane crash, and think nothing about it.

1 Like

Noted that! Thank you!

Yes genitals will be covered by clothing, at least for 1 month following last session, just in case i happen to want to go to a nude beach.

As for the rest you did bring a really good point. It’s stupid to apply sun cream to the treated area, but this was recommended after laser treatment and sun exposure, so i tought the same applied for electrolysis.
It will be hard to train with long sleeve clothing in the sun, so i will treat areas covered by regular tshirt during summer and the rest when winter comes!

Yes. To be honest I am not worried in general!
I was about the genitals though as it’s a sensible area, but after the feedback i’m relaxed.

Now one thing i forgot to ask as i assumed it to be fine but the electrologist which is not very experienced with electrolysis pointed this out.

I consider getting it done on the hands where veins are more pumped out. Is it safe inserting the needle inside the veins over and over?

After this i won’t ask any other questions about safety, as it’s cleared out!