I want to be an electrologist but I feel an apprenticeship from a qualified professional would be best

Continuing the discussion from I passed!:

Wow inspiring it’s my dream as well to become an electrologist

Only there is nobody I can find who is currently seeks one

Hi John what country do you reside. I am in Melbourne,Australia and might be I interested in offering an apprenticeship

Really? I’m in the United States. Maybe I should consider moving there I don’t like it here anyway

I am from the United States originally, where I could only find a private school that cost (when last I checked) $15,000 with no access to federal loans for tuition alone. I was lucky enough to be able to move to England where I paid about $2,000 out of pocket for a basic level 3 course (or I could’ve waited until I lived here 2 years to qualify for a 19+ learner loan). I feel like my education was adequate but i had an advantage because a lot of the information they taught I’d previously learned here on this forum! I’m currently sitting around waiting to receive my certificate so I can start exploring my options, which is just fine with the current pandemic going on, but I recommend you watch Josefa Reina and Mike Bono’s YouTube channels for invaluable information and to further familiarize yourself with positioning and techniques. Good luck! You can do it!

1 Like

Electrolysis do you still offer an apprenticeship ?

Might you still be offering apprenticeships? I am licensed in California, but don’t let that fool you! I paid a small fortune to go to school… only to discover that their only answer to every question was, “turn up the machine”. I passed my state licensing, but have never gained the proficiency I feel I need to feel confident. What type of machine are you using?

Can you please tell me more about your experience in England? I am licensed in California… spent a small fortune on a school that did not provide any education! Passed my boards but never found any solid and coherent way to get the training I need to represent the profession in the best manner possible.

I have read all of Michael Bono’s books and only wish that I could have trained with him, or Jane Riddle.

I have been to two “schools” in the states and found both of them to be more interested in making money than teaching electrolysis. At times I’ve been extremely discouraged!

I have ties to England, but obligations in the US.

How long was your course? Do you think they might have short courses for people with some experience?

I have felt for a long time that I am “almost there” but am really having a hard time getting that last little “push” to get to where I need to be.

My goal-is I do this is to be as good as Michael Bono. To be able to assess a client, estimate the necessary time to clear an area… and to do a really great job.

Any thoughts?

Honestly, although I saved a lot of money on the course itself, the onus is on me to hone my skills through practice. I honestly don’t believe the education I received here is better than what one might get elsewhere, but it worked for me because of how accessible it was (also it was really my only choice!)
My teacher was lovely but we struggled to find volunteers, and my class was only one day a week. I’m grateful it was enough for me to ace my exams so I can be insured and legally practice, but I wish I’d just been able to get more practice in. My course was one day a week for 6 months and thankfully the only prerequisite I needed was anatomy & physiology. Since we’ve been in lockdown I work on myself and it is very discouraging to be just kind of out here with no guidance. Michael Bono has been in practice for many years, and I’m sure in many years we’ll get there too. :wink: